Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think Paulie M would beat Danny Garcia right about now. Unfortunately, Paulie M will probably fight him later on when he's shot to pieces. I wouldn't say Garcia got "lucky" with Khan, but Khan really was never all that great.

you joking right? Garcia would beat the living crap out of paulie

I'm serious. Paulie would out point Danny Swift, but thats not enough to get a win against an Al Haymon fighter. Anyhow, Broner will take Paulie's sould this weekend so he will be washed by the time Danny fights him if he ever does.

Paulie had trouble with Pablo Ceasar Cano. I thought Cano won the fight too.

Feather fisted Paulie doesn't have enough power to keep Garcia off of him. Easy win for Garcia.

Out of curiousity, what makes him several levels above Garcia and who is the stiffer comp that Broner has faced? IIRC, the stiff competition PDL gave him he escaped with a gift. I'll give you DeMarco.

Broner won't even fight the top guys in his weight class

Lightweight:
Miguel Vasquez
Richar Abril
Sharif Bogere

Junior Welterweight is loaded so of course Broner skips completely over that division :lol:

So he decides to fight Paulie @ 147 :stoneface:

Out of curiousity, what makes him several levels above Garcia and who is the stiffer comp that Broner has faced? IIRC, the stiff competition PDL gave him he escaped with a gift. I'll give you DeMarco.
Whoever thinks Broner has faced stiffer competition than Garcia is high on something. Garcia maybe flawed but the kid has faced way better quality opponents than Broner.

Last edited:
^

laugh.gif
Top guys? 135 is a notoriously weak division. In fighting any of those guys, people would continue to say he's fighting tomato cans.

The top guy at that division is not named Broner is Ricky Burns, and he priced himself out of a unification fight hence the reason why Broner fought Gavin Rees.

Broner has already stated he has no issues going back down to 140...the ONLY reason why he's at 147 is because ALL of the names at 140 were busy with each other. Garcia/Judah, Matthysse/Peterson, Alvarado/Rios. 

In his defense, Burns at 135 was the only champ he could have faced outside of DeMarco and he wanted 7 figures to fight Broner. Plus, everyone at 140 under GBP was occupied when he made his move up, so he really had no other option but to go to 147.

I didn't imply that Broner has faced stiffer competition. I just said that Broner is several levels better than Garcia. Its sort of like when folks were saying that Trout was tested against more established fighters whereas Canelo was pampered.

I didn't imply that Broner has faced stiffer competition. I just said that Broner is several levels better than Garcia. Its sort of like when folks were saying that Trout was tested against more established fighters whereas Canelo was pampered.
I agree with you in the sense that I think Broner has better physical gifts than Garcia does. 

I agree with you in the sense that I think Broner has better physical gifts than Garcia does. 

Hypothetically, if the two were to square off today, I would bet that Broner TKOs Garcia. Broner doesn't just have the advantage in physical gifts, he's also got pretty good ring IQ and is very focused.

Last edited:
To be honest though, Garcia hasn't exactly faced a murderer's row of fighters either.

Khan is prob the only one that's in his prime, and hell...GBP was serving Garcia to Khan on a platter before he connected on a hook that he threw out blindly hoping would connect.

Let's not act like he hasn't been matched carefully either. Old and bloated Morales twice, and had Judah (Who he was suppose to run through according to y'all) started three rounds earlier, it'd prob be a different outcome. I've got no issues with Danny. He's a fighter who does everything good, nothing great, just wins. BUT I'd give him a hell of a lot more credit if he beats Matthysse...

If he decides to stop pricing himself out of it.
tired.gif

^

:lol: Top guys? 135 is a notoriously weak division. In fighting any of those guys, people would continue to say he's fighting tomato cans.

The top guy at that division is not named Broner is Ricky Burns, and he priced himself out of a unification fight hence the reason why Broner fought Gavin Rees.

Broner has already stated he has no issues going back down to 140...the ONLY reason why he's at 147 is because ALL of the names at 140 were busy with each other. Garcia/Judah, Matthysse/Peterson, Alvarado/Rios. 

Is Paulie not considered a tomato can? 4 KOs out of 32 wins

Broner couldn't find anybody else @ 147 besides him?

Brandon Rios moves up to 147 to fight Pacquiao

The top boxers @ 135 aren't huge names but they were in his division and the names I posted aren't weak IMO

Guarantee Broner doesn't fight any of the top boxers at 140 lbs or 147 lbs

Well that I can agree with. I just personally think you're selling Garcia a little short. But like LES said, the best he's faced is only Khan.

The top boxers @ 135 aren't huge names but they were in his division and the names I posted aren't weak IMO

Low KO % doesn't make him a tomato can. He's a gatekeeper at worst. Plus, he's the kind of fighter that has given Broner problems, you want him to get past that. Rios moved up to fight Manny because that's just Top Rank doing their matchmaking. When Broner was ready for 147, who else at GB was ready to fight? Berto is on a break, Ortiz is on a break, Guerrero was fighting PBF. Collazo? They're not throwing him in there with Thurman.

Who do you think he should have fought? Being realistic he couldn't have fought Rios. I think this was his best option. I by all means am not a Broner apologist., I think he should have stepped up the competition a couple of fights ago but the way everything played out I think this will be a good fight for him. And if PM had some power I would say this is going to be a great test.

Low KO % doesn't make him a tomato can. He's a gatekeeper at worst. Plus, he's the kind of fighter that has given Broner problems
get the **** out here pro
laugh.gif

nobody wanted to see broner fight the guys at 135 anymore and like everyone has said already everyone at 140 was booked so he skipped to 147 for now and is fighting for a belt

That was great!
But Paul better leave Al Haymons name out his mouth if he ever wants to fight again.

Al Haymon most powerful dude in the boxing industry he is most def running Goldenboy and will take over Showtime just like he did with HBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom