Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was allegedly supposed to rematch Donaire but I haven't heard anything new on that front recently.

That fight was the worst HBO/Showtime caliber fight I have ever seen. I could care less If i see him again. Mayweather is a master counter puncher and way more skilled than Rig and his fights are exciting, so I don't accept the he was boxing perfectly, Rig just stands there.

There have been way worst fights than Rigo vs. Donaire. Showtime had the nerve to run Ishe Smith vs. Cornelius Bundrage as a main event.

Rigo is not everyone's cup of tea. But to sit there and say he's not a skilled boxer is just ignorant.

Since when has Arum cared about that? I wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying that with Arum making enough money off of him to put him on a regular BAD/WBC card, there wasn't a need for him to be on the Manny undercards.
Bob Arum...enough money? Never :lol:. I think either Arum or Donaire don't want him to be compared to Pacquiao. *shrugs*

He came out and said it a couple years ago, he'd lose money putting Donaire as an undercard. You put a guy who sells out places in California on an undercard that means no money for the gate. Why would you do that when you can have the man as a main event and earn yourself more money? That's the stance I'm trying to get through :lol: he's losing money putting a guy who is a draw in California as an undercard to Manny. He was drawing fans out there regardless.

Since when has Arum cared about that? I wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying that with Arum making enough money off of him to put him on a regular BAD/WBC card, there wasn't a need for him to be on the Manny undercards.
Bob Arum...enough money? Never :lol:. I think either Arum or Donaire don't want him to be compared to Pacquiao. *shrugs*

He came out and said it a couple years ago, he'd lose money putting Donaire as an undercard. You put a guy who sells out places in California on an undercard that means no money for the gate. Why would you do that when you can have the man as a main event and earn yourself more money? That's the stance I'm trying to get through :lol: he's losing money putting a guy who is a draw in California as an undercard to Manny. He was drawing fans out there regardless.

I meant that if he put Donaire on the undercard of some Pacquiao fights a couple years ago it would've helped build him up to be a bigger star. Sort of like what Golden Boy did with Saul Alvarez. Who cares about losing money on gate for a couple fights when Donaire could've potentially become a PPV headliner.

The only feasile reason I can think of for not trying it, is they wanted Donaire to establish his own identity, rather than be Pacquiao's Mini-me or what Broner is to Mayweather.

Last edited:
They had a very shortsighted way of thinking. Put him in a few Pac undercards. Lose gate money initially. He gets a bigger following and you more than make it up in the future.

With the type of 2012 he had there is zero reason for him not to be a household name other than poor management.

Just searched google and some articles say that Michael Koncz did not allow it. I guess he didn't want to share the Filipino fan base.

Oh yeah, we're just saying it makes no sense. So there's more and more speculation swirling about Ward signing with Top Rank. Supposedly, Him and Goosen aren't seeing eye to eye. I know that not everything that glitters is gold, but they appeared to have a great relationship. I can't think of anything they can not possibly work out in a reasonable manner.:smh:

I think they'll raise the price for the Canelo vs Floyd fight from the normal 60 bucks or hd price & still generate a lot of ppv buys.

None of my close relatives knew who Robert Guerrero was & most mexican fans didn't consider Guerrero a native of Mexico. But people are crazy for Canelo.

Last edited:
^That.

I would be surprised if they charged less than $100 for PPV.

I mean the lowest ticket price to attend the actual fight was $374 and that didn't stop it from selling out. Yes, I know they go quick because of all the comps. But still, if that's any indication of how big this fight is/will be and how much people are willing to spend, $90-110 for PPV at your own home doesn't seem too far fetched imo.

My pops and I will be watching closed circuit in Vegas that weekend. Considering two tickets to the fight itself cost more than our entire trip, we don't mind watching closed circuit.

Being in Vegas during a fight, let alone a big fight, is amazing and to me, is better than any other holiday weekend.

what's his name?

Gary Beriguette
International_Fight_Night_ends_6_29.jpg

Might as well find a bar with a cover charge if that's the case.

Thats the way to go better than going wing house with 1000 people in there.

Tickets for Guerrero fight were $200 cheapest and he doesn't even have a quarter of the fan base that Canelo has, so it makes sense for the price. I don't think PPV buys will surpass oscar de la hoya fight but i think it would be 2 million maybe a lil less. Hope PPV price stays the same though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom