Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is very delusional. But I give him his props, he always gets back and brings is A Game even when he's knocked down. He has to be very well conditioned. He looks like he was created in the X-men laboratory.

Who likes Bradley? Pacquaio landed harder shots, more shots, and was making him run. And thennnnnn he looked depressed as **** after bell, then they say his name OMGGGGG dude had a heartattack. Hes trying to believe his own lie. JMM is gonna hurt him then make him run.

^ I don't understand all the hate for Bradley. Whether you believed he won or not, what is he supposed to say? "Oh, nah Pac won?" Hell nah. He's carrying it like any other fighter would had they had the same outcome. Bradley, goes out there and fights with a big heart, every single time. Gotta respect that. 

^^^ Definitely don't hate Bradley just think he is dumb for letting the "fans" effect the way he boxes in the ring

Tickets for Mayweather vs Alvarez sold out in like 5 minutes :smh:

Will still be in Vegas but won't see the fight live :frown:

^ I don't understand all the hate for Bradley. Whether you believed he won or not, what is he supposed to say? "Oh, nah Pac won?" Hell nah. He's carrying it like any other fighter would had they had the same outcome. Bradley, goes out there and fights with a big heart, every single time. Gotta respect that. 
Well he kinda did admit defeat, unofficially. Cameras caught him saying "He'll never stop him. Mayweather will never stop him."

I took a glance on stubhub. Outrageous. :smh:
Prices are always heavily inflated to events with huge buzz. Wait it out awhile, it won't be dirt cheap but a little more reasonable between now and September. There's bound to be some schmuck who hits the panic button and sells just a little over face value.

Also, what's up with the Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse fight not being signed yet I only heard Danny is asking for 4 million. Now I hear that Danny may fight Judah rematch.

Also, what's up with the Danny Garcia vs Lucas Matthysse fight not being signed yet I only heard Danny is asking for 4 million. Now I hear that Danny may fight Judah rematch.

The issue I've been hearing from people with inside sources is that the problem has to do with Matthysse training out in Argentina, and how that complicates the drug testing.

The issue I've been hearing from people with inside sources is that the problem has to do with Matthysse training out in Argentina, and how that complicates the drug testing.

Simple, just move to Oxnard like Sergio Martinez and Marcos Maidana. They are just making excuse after excuse.

because danny garcia knows he will get whooped..

but it dont matter, this clears the way for matthyse vs broner..

Yeah they want him to admit defeat like Pac did after the Marquez vs Pac 3 robbery 
indifferent.gif

Marquez vs Pacquiao III was close. Bradley vs Pacquiao was not close at all. It was clearly fixed.
Nah it wasn't close. Marquez was never going to beat Pac by decision though. The powers that be would never have allowed that. To be honest, Marquez has beaten Pac 3 out of 4 times.

Marquez-Pacquiao III was much closer than Bradley-Pacquiao. I had Marquez winning their 3rd fight but no way the guy that says "I'll have to go back and watch the fight......to see if I won" actually won that fight lol.

Marquez vs Pacquiao III was close. Bradley vs Pacquiao was not close at all. It was clearly fixed.

:lol: Who the hell would fix Bradley beating Pac? That turned out poorly for everyone involved, and most poorly for Bradley himself.

It's simple, Arum wanted a Bradley vs Pacquiao rematch. He of all people should know that a Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight was not going to fall through. Plus if Bradley has an L on his record, it's practically the end of the road for him. But the PPV numbers were disappointing so that's why Pacquiao vs Marquez IV happened instead.

Btw, I had Marquez winning the third match, but only by a little bit. It's his fault he lost really, he practically gave the last 2-3 rounds away.

Last edited:
If Marquez vs Pac 4 was close then so was Bradley vs Pac. A lot of the punches Pac threw didn't even land 
laugh.gif
. I will say that Pac landed the harder shots but Bradley clearly swept the championship rounds because Pac basically did nothing. Pac got what was owed to him.

I believe Pac/Bradley was closer than most people thought. I've seen it 3x and the 1st time I was in the bar, drinking, and amongst a pro-Pacman crowd. I walked out after the 12th bell because I was sure Pac won. I was completely shocked when I heard otherwise.

Then I rewatched it on two different occasions afterward, this time without the bias from commentators and Ledermans score card 'telling' me what the fight should be scored. IMO, it really depends on how you score the first 3 rounds, where very little took place. Rounds 4-8 Pac won easily. But I gave 9-12 to Bradley. It definitely wasn't as one sided as some people, HBO, and the commentators would make you believe. There was an extreme bias fight night, I don't even think they showed a single replay of Bradley connecting on Pac
laugh.gif

I just rewatched the whole fight, and my 100% unbiased score is 116-112 for Bradley. I don't know what the hell Lederman and the anouncers on HBO were thinking. I tried to watch the whole fight on mute. Bradley had good movement, and although his jab was 100% effective I thought it threw Pac's timing off. Pac had a few flurries but was swinging at flies in a lot of them. Bradley had a good game plan, and although it wasn't pretty, it was effective in my opinion.

I just rewatched the whole fight, and my 100% unbiased score is 116-112 for Bradley. I don't know what the hell Lederman and the anouncers on HBO were thinking. I tried to watch the whole fight on mute. Bradley had good movement, and although his jab was 100% effective I thought it threw Pac's timing off. Pac had a few flurries but was swinging at flies in a lot of them. Bradley had a good game plan, and although it wasn't pretty, it was effective in my opinion.
I agree partly. At least w/ the commentating, it was horrific. I think the fight could have gone either way IMO, but no way was it one sided. Pac literally gave rounds away doing nothing for the first 2 minutes, then trying to flurry in the last 45 secs of each round.

Watch the Bradley/Pacman fight on mute. The HBO commentators were unbelievably biased. Pacman would throw 4 punches, land nothing and Lampley comes in "outstanding combination by Pacquiao". Bradley had a great gameplan and executed it well. Pacquiao did very little to trouble Bradley.

I can't believe they are actually considering a rematch between Garcia & Judah. This ish is gonna be Garcia vs. Morales II all over again. Matthyssee & Garcia is too good to be true. You have all the right pieces in place; same promotional company, same manager, both regarded as top fighters. And the fight still won't me made. Nothing is concrete so maybe things will change. I just can't stand the damn politics of boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom