Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched it several times and I always ignore what the HBO commentators say on every fight anyway. I saw Pacquiao clearly beating Bradley. I can understand how some would say it was close, but it wasn't even close enough to be a draw IMO. I think some people gave Bradley credit when he was still throwing pitty pat punches while his head was snapping back. But those barely landed, and even if they did there was no leverage behind them.

Last edited:
They should just match up Malignaggi vs Judah and Matthysse vs Broner all on the same card. Garcia is really thinking he deserves more than what he gets paid.

I watched it several times and I always ignore what the HBO commentators say on every fight anyway. I saw Pacquiao clearly beating Bradley. I can understand how some would say it was close, but it wasn't even close enough to be a draw IMO. I think some people gave Bradley credit when he was still throwing pitty pat punches while his head was snapping back. But those barely landed, and even if they did there was no leverage behind them.
Just have to agree to disagree on that one. A landed punch is a landed punch in my book, whether there was leverage or not. Pac was just straight up getting outboxed in the championship rounds, though never hurt. Similar to Paulie/Broner, I'd say the majority of Paulie's connects were pitty pat type punches.

Just have to agree to disagree on that one. A landed punch is a landed punch in my book, whether there was leverage or not. Pac was just straight up getting outboxed in the championship rounds, though never hurt. Similar to Paulie/Broner, I'd say the majority of Paulie's connects were pitty pat type punches.

I wouldn't even classify them as punches. Bradley was throwing just to make it look like he was doing something and to deter Pacquiao. Paulie Malignaggi was closer to beating Broner than Bradley was to beating Pacquiao.

^ Def not trying to sound like a Pac hater. What I saw was Pac getting beat in the championship rounds. I saw a ton of inactivity from Pac in those rounds, with late flurries towards the end of each round in an attempt to steal it. Pac thoroughly dominated the mid-rounds, but I felt he got too complacent towards the end. 

Again, my only argument here is I feel the fight was much tighter than the landslide HBO would have you believe it was. 

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=pacquiao-bradley-compubox

Seriously do not know what you some of you saw. If you want to count harder punches Pac, If you want to go amateur route and do punches landed Pac, if you want to go by who was controlling ring Pac. It boggles my mind.... I think someone people try to hard to hate Pac which Im not a Pac fan at all.
Total numbers don't always tell the story of a fight. What if Pac threw and landed most of his punches in the middle rounds only? 9-12 he was inactive. 1-3 nobody was really throwing. You judge a fight round by round not by total punches thrown or landed. I actually think Pac won the fight but it was closer than people like to suggest.

^ Def not trying to sound like a Pac hater. What I saw was Pac getting beat in the championship rounds. I saw a ton of inactivity from Pac in those rounds, with late flurries towards the end of each round in an attempt to steal it. Pac thoroughly dominated the mid-rounds, but I felt he got too complacent towards the end. 

Again, my only argument here is I feel the fight was much tighter than the landslide HBO would have you believe it was. 

Of course, I think Lederman had Pacquiao winning every single round. It wasn't a shut out, nor was it close enough to be a draw or go either way. Pacquiao won decisively even if he did take his foot off the gas in the championship rounds. In Canelo vs Trout, Canelo gave away 4-5 rounds and he won without much controversy.

^ In Canelo vs Trout, I think Canelo won decisively thanks to the knockdown. That extra point was enough to pretty much tip the scales in his favor. Remember, we all knew the official scoring heading into the end, so Canelo knew he could take rounds off.

I did however take issue with that one judge who had Canelo winning quite favorably, in what I saw to be a relatively close fight.

Of course, I think Lederman had Pacquiao winning every single round. It wasn't a shut out, nor was it close enough to be a draw or go either way. Pacquiao won decisively even if he did take his foot off the gas in the championship rounds. In Canelo vs Trout, Canelo gave away 4-5 rounds and he won without much controversy.
Pretty much everyone says the Trout vs Canelo fight was close though and worthy of a rematch. That's the general consensus. I had Canelo winning by a point. The Bradley vs Pac fight was not a decisive win by anybody.

What's going on with Guillermo Rigondeaux? Is he close to fighting someone or is he being black balled because of the alleged lack of marketablitiy?

What's going on with Guillermo Rigondeaux? Is he close to fighting someone or is he being black balled because of the alleged lack of marketablitiy?
He was allegedly supposed to rematch Donaire but I haven't heard anything new on that front recently.

Pretty much everyone says the Trout vs Canelo fight was close though and worthy of a rematch. That's the general consensus. I had Canelo winning by a point. The Bradley vs Pac fight was not a decisive win by anybody.

Most of the people who want to see a rematch are the Canelo naysayers who are bitter towards him because they believe he's been handed a silver spoon. They just hope that Trout can gather himself together and make adjustments in the rematch. We all know the only reason it was close was due to Canelo purposely going on vacation in the middle of the fight.

The Bradley vs Pacquiao match was reviewed by the WBO afterwards. All 5 judges scored it in favor of Pacquiao. The difference between when Pacquiao took rounds off vs Bradley and Canelo with Trout is that Pacquiao still did enough to make those rounds even. Canelo absolutely gave away a few rounds.

He was allegedly supposed to rematch Donaire but I haven't heard anything new on that front recently.

That fight was the worst HBO/Showtime caliber fight I have ever seen. I could care less If i see him again. Mayweather is a master counter puncher and way more skilled than Rig and his fights are exciting, so I don't accept the he was boxing perfectly, Rig just stands there.

Last edited:
That fight was the worst HBO/Showtime caliber fight I have ever seen. I could care less If i see him again. Mayweather is a master counter puncher and way more skilled than Rig and his fights are exciting, so I don't accept the he was boxing perfectly, Rig just stands there.
So what does that tell you about Donaire then? He got his eye busted by an alleged "runner".

Been sayin Donaire has regressed into an amatuerish fighter who only looks for the one shot left hand k.o. Punch

He made enough money with Donaire headlining his own card after the fight with Vic. Didn't need to put him on a Pac undercard.

He made enough money with Donaire headlining his own card after the fight with Vic. Didn't need to put him on a Pac undercard.

He's still unknown to the public eye. Floyd Mayweather was referrering to his drug testing and couldn't even recall his name.

Since when has Arum cared about that? I wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying that with Arum making enough money off of him to put him on a regular BAD/WBC card, there wasn't a need for him to be on the Manny undercards.

So what does that tell you about Donaire then? He got his eye busted by an alleged "runner".

Because after all that running and juking he would throw a punch and nonito ran into it. I don't care about Nonito either he sits back to much to win that fight anyways. Rig would stand there and stare at a guy for 3 minutes if other guy was as boring as him.I respect guys that can be technical masters like Floyd and JMM and love guys that fight their hearts out like Rios and Matthysse. Rig is neither and the most boring boxer out there right now.

Because after all that running and juking he would throw a punch and nonito ran into it. I don't care about Nonito either he sits back to much to win that fight anyways. Rig would stand there and stare at a guy for 3 minutes if other guy was as boring as him.I respect guys that can be technical masters like Floyd and JMM and love guys that fight their hearts out like Rios and Matthysse. Rig is neither and the most boring boxer out there right now.
I have no idea what fight you watched but ok boss.

:lol: I just seen one worst this past weekend on Showtime.

Since when has Arum cared about that? I wasn't disagreeing with you, just saying that with Arum making enough money off of him to put him on a regular BAD/WBC card, there wasn't a need for him to be on the Manny undercards.
Bob Arum...enough money? Never :lol:. I think either Arum or Donaire don't want him to be compared to Pacquiao. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom