Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amir kahn and Marcos Maidana close to joning #teamAlHaymon

Ortiz and Deontay wilder joined last week.

rumor is Garcia is getting 3 million and lucas 1.5 million for the undercard fight. hell I would join to if they getting that much.

Said it before and I'll say it again

Danny has as much of a chance as Lucas IMO

Both of them have power.
They sure do, and once it gets to those counter exchanges Danny has proven he can land that big punch in them flurries...

Lucas just drops fools with ease it seems... Its going to be a great fight, actually wish I could attend it.

I just want to see how Danny goes after Lucas...Gonna have to try and box him early in them rounds itll be hard knowing Matthyssee is going for the kill

rumor is Garcia is getting 3 million and lucas 1.5 million for the undercard fight. hell I would join to if they getting that much.

Makes sense, Haymon lining up Mayweather's final opponents, for the Showtime contract to be fulfilled.

Makes sense, Haymon lining up Mayweather's final opponents, for the Showtime contract to be fulfilled.

Mayweather vs Maidana? Please no :x

9-3 Mayweather
Mayweather demonstrates his superb defense at times gets on his horse.
Canelo wobbles May in the final round.

Money may is more flexible and athletic in the ring than Canelo. He can move around the ring faster and also has more experience. Unless he gets caught, which is unlikely, he'll win the decision

Money may is more flexible and athletic in the ring than Canelo. He can move around the ring faster and also has more experience. Unless he gets caught, which is unlikely, he'll win the decision

Mayweather will win, but he won't win officially if you know what I mean.

I don't know, u think canelo has it in him to make it a close fight?

I mean the scores are going to be close. It's going to be like Bradley-Pacquiao all over again.
LMAO uh no bruh stop it. Pac and Bradley was close because Pac literally did nothing from round 9 on. He gave away 4 rounds easily. Now add to that the 1st 3 rounds which were close and you can now see why the fight was close. Pac gave the fight away. He made it way closer than it needed to be. Mayweather is not Pac. Easy UD for Floyd.

You guys don't catch my drift. Let me spell it out for you. I THINK MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO GET ROBBED.

Last edited:
Lol I doubt it. If anything, canelo ends up getting robbed. People want floyd to win because he generates the most money out of all boxers in the world. I'm not going to say he's the best, that's opinion, but fact is he can get the most money in the world

I don't know, u think canelo has it in him to make it a close fight?

I've heard he runs out of gas in long fights (haven't seen much of him). If so, it'll be even worse at the catch weight. He has to go for the KO IMO. I'm excited for this fight.

I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of possibility. It's happened a thousand times over in this sport, plus boxing will soon need a new PPV cash cow. Why not Canelo? He already has a huge and ever-growing fanbase, so far he hasn't run from any of his opponents, and he's above 147. The biggest megafight that could've happened never did and will likely never happen, enter Canelo Alvarez.

It's possible but not that likely. Canelo isint really someone an average fan of boxing knows about.

It's about the future. A 22 year old from Mexico defeating Mayweather equates to long money. Mayweather has a set number of fights left and him getting robbed in this match is not really going to affect the sales of those fights.

Last edited:
That makes sense, but mayweather was on SC talking about his legacy and being the greatest of all time. I doubt he wants to taint that with a loss(unless he's fooling us all and only cares about the money, which is another topic entirely).

That makes sense, but mayweather was on SC talking about his legacy and being the greatest of all time. I doubt he wants to taint that with a loss(unless he's fooling us all and only cares about the money, which is another topic entirely).

Well see the thing is, he doesn't even know what he's getting into. I'm not saying Mayweather is going to throw the fight. The powers that be are going to pull the rug on him. When the scores are announced he's going to have the most dumbfounded and appalled facial expression. Remember all it takes is 2 judges in favor of Canelo. Again, it's my prediction. It just seems like the perfect timing.

Last edited:
I mean if you have a gut feeling on it I'd bet on it. Bet a few hundred or a few thousand cuz the payout will be big if your hunch is correct.

My efforts to get tickets to the fight were futile. So mind as well throw some of it at the bookie. Canelo by 12th round decision +640 or Canelo to win +230. Hmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom