Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel Berto's pain man. I feel bad for him. 
frown.gif

I feel bad even though he was caught using PEDs. It's safe to say he would've won if he had both hands.

I thought it was confirmed to be a tainted sample. That is why his suspension was lifted.

I really don't know the details on all that. Just heard that what he caught with is very easy to detect and usually isn't something a world athlete would use to cheat.

When it rains it pours. A few years ago Pacquiao, Berto, Khan, and Dawson were on top. :smh:

Last edited:
I didn't think Berto had this many fans. Even his biggest fans really thought he could be top P4P back in the day? He was the epitome of a dude just getting by with his promoter hype and fighting a bunch of tomato cans on HBO. Almost a carbon copy of Ortiz. Jay was his biggest fan and I don't think he felt the way y'all did. And I can't give him a pass because of the quake in Haiti. You guys don't remember he was popping out of his suit in one of the promotions tour pics?

He's always had the skills and the heart. Plus, I still think he can make decent fights at 147.

Gunna definitely didn't feel the way some on here do, I think it was the Collazo fight that opened a lot of peoples' eyes that Berto probably wasn't as good as the hype built him to be. One punch, fall forward, then clinch. Ugly and unimpressive in a fight he was gifted a victory.

Still, I liked him much more in the Ortiz and Guerrero fights. I do kinda feel bad for him :\

early in Berto's career, I thought he had "it"... Then he started to not improve w/ each fight. I actually liked his heart in the Collazo fight bc he was going to lose big. He pulled it together and fought hard the last couple rounds.

I questions his corner but all in all its him. He wasn't willing to be in shape yr round. He wasn't trying to get better. He believed his own hype. He envied and started to try to live the Floyd night life (without putting in the work)

him facing Shane Mosely,a few yrs ago, could have either humbled him or ended his career. Never know

Last edited:
him facing Shane Mosely,a few yrs ago, could have either humbled him or ended his career. Never know
His career has basically stalled since this fight went up in smoke.

Since then, whole lot of inactivity due to a variety of factors for a fighter who's supposed to be in the "prime" of his career.

Berto just seems like a guy who never learned to "box". He has gifted hand speed but limited every where else. You can see it when he stepped up in class. At times he just stands there with his guard down almost daring you to swing at him like he is going to make you miss but instead he right there to be hit.I am glad he got his loud mouth brother out of his corner but Virgil isnt going to be able to help him Berto lacks true fundamentals and that's why every time he takes a step up in class he will lose.

Berto just seems like a guy who never learned to "box". He has gifted hand speed but limited every where else. You can see it when he stepped up in class. At times he just stands there with his guard down almost daring you to swing at him like he is going to make you miss but instead he right there to be hit.I am glad he got his loud mouth brother out of his corner but Virgil isnt going to be able to help him Berto lacks true fundamentals and that's why every time he takes a step up in class he will lose.

Agreed, despite all that he would've won last night if it weren't for his arm. I hoped for him to win, just so he can get a big payday right afterwards.

Last edited:
Never bought the HBO manufactured hype of Berto.

I did think he had a good chance to beat Soto Karass but I guess he is officially a stepping stone now.

Hatian peeps y'all still got Bermane Stiverne and Adonis Stevenson.

Last edited:

I did think he had a good chance to beat Soto Karass but I guess he is officially a stepping stone now.

And Jean Pascal

And Jean Pascal

If he beats Lucian Bute >D

Edit: Did not know that fight was canceled

Last time I checked it was rescheduled for December. Unless they cancelled that one too.

And Jean Pascal

If he beats Lucian Bute
grin.gif

Last time I checked it was rescheduled for December. Unless they cancelled that one too.
The fight will be on December 7th.

And Jean Pascal

If he beats Lucian Bute >D

The fight will be on December 7th.

Hope it comes though. Can't wait. :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom