Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GGG by 9 round tko but Stevens can make it interesting with his hand speed I wouldn't be shocked if Curtis were to win.

The consensus is that Stevens gets annhiliated. Stevens isn't the slickest guy, but he has a style GGG is not so familiar with.,

Caught that fight. Your cousin looked good. Is it me though or was his opponent.....just plain bad?

Thanks! I think he still has room to grow. I'm sure he knows that too. Paulie Malinaggi mentioned it in the commentary about creating space to land more effective punches, getting used to fighting without head gear (caused a nasty headbutt) and maintaining composure (the BS knock down in the first)

But for his second pro fight to air in national TV I think Gary's pro career is off to a good start.

I'm rooting for Curtis Stevens though. Might go any idea when tickets are available?

They're doing press conference for it next week. The fight is in the small madison square garden "the theater"

Last edited:
Predictions for Stevens vs Golovkin?
Golovkin by stoppage via 5th round.  Stevens has a punchers chance but if he doesn't get GGG out of there in the first two rounds it's a wrap.  Have a funny feeling Curtis will catch Golovkin with a good power shot, which most fighters would drop, and GGG will shake it off and walk right through it.

I keep forgetting what fights are on tv smh. Is there any good fights this weekend on hbo? Showtime is not allowed on cable because of that whole cbs ****

Nothing on this weekend really. That's my fault, I haven't been updating the thread like I should. But, the August schedule is in the OP so check it out :smile:

I have to put a reminder on my cell phone calendar or I usually forget lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom