Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Tommy Morrison

Was it ever truly confirmed that he had HIV? I know he admitted to testing positive for it when news first broke but he later claimed the tests were false.

RIP
tired.gif

The thing with Marquez and Pac is that they are too elite to fight on sho/hbo but not household enough to draw Ppv #s (unless fighting each other)

Broners team is making a mistake headlining him on a ppv already. He's going to find himself in the same wasteland.

I liked the Face Off with Marquez & Bradley. Both men are all about their business in the ring. They are true fighters who take their craft seriously.

The thing with Marquez and Pac is that they are too elite to fight on sho/hbo but not household enough to draw Ppv #s (unless fighting each other)

Broners team is making a mistake headlining him on a ppv already. He's going to find himself in the same wasteland.
I'm assuming you mean Bradley, not Pac.

Broner headlining his own PPV? Na

GGG vs Stevens is exciting can't wait for that both can punch

I don't know who i want to win marquez vs bradley. But i have a feeling if marquez "does" the same thing he did for the pac fight he will work bradley

All Access got me hyped for Floyd vs Canelo. I think Canelo stands a good chance...and depending on the odds...id like to throw some money on Canelo.

Better than mayweather, has had comparisons to sugar ray Robinson in the past

hell naw, Bradley ain't beating Marquez...they can box or slug it out, Marquez will still win.

hell naw, Bradley ain't beating Marquez...they can box or slug it out, Marquez will still win.

Dunno man, TB is an ironman. Dude was concussed early against Provodnikov and still went the distance. Very versatile fighter and can do a lot of things well. Marquez probably hits harder and is definitely the better counterpuncher though so well see.

:smokin
I'm assuming you mean Bradley, not Pac.

No. I meant pac. His stock has tanked.
There is a reason he fights out of China now. No one stateside is spending ppv money on him unless they are Filipino.

Don't know if its the main reason, but one of the reasons was tax in Vegas. They were going to get him for like 40% and if rumors of his finances are true he needs to keep as much as he possibly can. The people in China are not gong to support him just cause. :lol: His drawing power has declined but he's still one of the biggest names.

Dunno man, TB is an ironman. Dude was concussed early against Provodnikov and still went the distance. Very versatile fighter and can do a lot of things well. Marquez probably hits harder and is definitely the better counterpuncher though so well see.

Good points man if one thing is for sure you can never count Bradley out or question his heart. That dude will die in the ring before quitting (lets hope that never really happens). But i thought Manny handled Bradley (despite the score card). It will be interesting early to see what approach Bradley takes because Marquez is probably the second best counter puncher in boxing behind floyd. If Bradley presses he will get picked apart. But if he stays back it will be a long and boring fight but will be close on the cards.

I am excited for the fight though to see if Father Time finally catches up to marquez or if he looks just as good as he did in his previous fight. Bradely definitley has a punchers chance given marquez's affinity for going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom