Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict that Bradley is going to beat Marquez via UD. Marquez is nowhere near as aggressive as Provodnikov. I think Bradley will control the pace. His heart and stamina are incredible.

I'm also happy to hear that
kennybayless.gif
will be the third man in the ring for the Mayweather vs. Canelo fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley wins, either. But like JA, I don't expect it.

It might not be fair to do so but when I think of Bradley I see a WW version of Juan Diaz. Both are willing to scrap, both fight with heart, but neither have the one punch pop as the equalizer. It's pretty much why I'm expecting Bradley to lose against Marquez.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradley wins, either. But like JA, I don't expect it.

It might not be fair to do so but when I think of Bradley I see a WW version of Juan Diaz. Both are willing to scrap, both fight with heart, but neither have the one punch pop as the equalizer. It's pretty much why I'm expecting Bradley to lose against Marquez.

Juan Diaz :rofl:

Don't do Tim Bradley like that. He's a far better boxer than Diaz.

Bradley fought Juan Diaz 2 or 3 times in amateurs, but lost everytime. But at this level he's much better than Diaz ever was.

This fight will go how Bradley decides it will go. If he stands and trades with Marquez, he will lose. If uses movement and boxes, he'll win. It's all up to Bradley.

bradley said he was slurring his words for two months after the provodnikov fight
roll.gif
grin.gif

dude will get picked apart by JMM

Last edited:
Golovkin-Stevens will be explosive fight, I will be there for the fight. I went to the press conference in NYC. I got Stevens with the upset in round 6 KO.

Maidana-Broner moved to Dec due to Garcia training Donaire. Also sources indicate Mares-Gonzalez will be the co-feature for a stacked PPV. Victor Ortiz could possibly be on the card as well. IMO I think Mares should take the year off and start 2014 fresh, Mares taking the fight too soon. I see Gonzalez with another KO victory.

The One is a week away your predictions guys?

How do you find out about press conferences and things like that? I work waking distance from MSG but I always hear about events after the fact.

How do you find out about press conferences and things like that? I work waking distance from MSG but I always hear about events after the fact.

I freelance for Roundbyroundboxing and I am able to attend press conferences through media credentials. Also through Twitter and Instagram, HBO announces press conferences for upcoming fights. The press conference for GOLOVKIN-STEVENS was open to the public yesterday.

Have we not learned yet people? We need to to better than this

:lol: They fall for it everytime

Say what you will....but canelo is almost a 2-to-1 dog right now. That with some hedge bets could be worth it.

And you saw floyd get caught by Mosley. No one thought garcia was going to stand a chance....but canelo can box....and has devastating power. He has the best chance of any recent opponent to pull it off.

ok devastating might be an overstatement :lol: he isn't mattyse or GGG but he has enough to get the job done.

Until I see him lose, I'll never bet against Floyd. The intelligence is just off the charts. He'll do what he always does this fight IMO.

I don't get the "Manny isn't a PPV star anymore" either.

Canelo has like a 5% chance of beating Floyd. His arms are shorter and his punches are extremely wide. He also tires himself out from throwing punches with so much force. He's likely going to take a beating in the later rounds. Floyd is to defensibly responsible to get caught by Canelo. Mosley landed those punches in round 2 because Floyd wasn't being defensively responsible. He will not F around with Canelo like he F'ed around with Mosley.

Have we not learned yet people? We need to to better than this

:lol: They fall for it everytime

LOL every. single. time.

Thats the job of these all-access shows. Make you hate floyd, hype up the other fighter which makes you think oh yeah this is going to be the one...then NOPE.

Oscar? nope.
Ortiz? no.
Mosley? no.
Cotto? no.

Forget about the last dude he fought, that was no chance lmao

Canelo has like a 5% chance of beating Floyd. His arms are shorter and his punches are extremely wide. He also tires himself out from throwing punches with so much force. He's likely going to take a beating in the later rounds. Floyd is to defensibly responsible to get caught by Canelo. Mosley landed those punches in round 2 because Floyd wasn't being defensively responsible. He will not F around with Canelo like he F'ed around with Mosley.

I agree with you...and canelo tends to take middle rounds off....and since this thing will probably go the distance he can't afford for that to happen.

But Floyd will weigh in on fight night around what 154lb? max? and Canelo will be around 170lb? I still think Floyd wins...but i am excited to see it.

I agree with you...and canelo tends to take middle rounds off....and since this thing will probably go the distance he can't afford for that to happen.

But Floyd will weigh in on fight night around what 154lb? max? and Canelo will be around 170lb? I still think Floyd wins...but i am excited to see it.
I honestly don't think Floyd will weigh over 152. I'd say 150 max. Canelo will around 170 like you said but if he was smart, he'd come in around 165. He needs to be as fast as possible to keep up with Floyd. Being over 170 will not help his cause imo.

Say what you will....but canelo is almost a 2-to-1 dog right now. That with some hedge bets could be worth it.

And you saw floyd get caught by Mosley. No one thought garcia was going to stand a chance....but canelo can box....and has devastating power. He has the best chance of any recent opponent to pull it off.
This.  All it takes is one punch to turn a series of events from happening.  Since Mayweather never gets hit flush it's hard to say how he'd react if he gets caught against Canelo.  Shane caught him twice flush and you see the reaction of Floyd, held on for dear life and didn't let go until he got his legs back.  He had Mosley's right arm in a wrestling hold lol.  The thing Canelo brings into this fight that I like is he puts his combinations toegther very well and mixes it up.  I hope he feints a lot too, most fighters come in wanting to touch Floyd with everything they throw which makes it a lot easier for Floyd to pick off and counter.  He won't end up like Guerrero did after a few rounds where he followed Floyd around the ring most of the fight.  Past fights Canelo has shown where he tires and takes rounds off but this being the biggest fight of his career and one of recent history I fully expect him to be in great shape.  In my opinion I think he has the best chance of pulling it off since Zab "I did good the first 5/6 rounds" Judah.

IMO Canelos success depends on his ability to make his swings count and not gas out early. Nothing tires a boxer more than swinging and hitting air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom