Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the 4 remaining fights will be downhill from here as far as general public interest and belief that Money can be beat. Only person off the top of my head that I can think can match closer than anyone else skill-wise is Kahn. I dont think Kahn deserves the chance though.

I like the sound of Canelo v. JCC Jr tho

Last edited:
After tonight I'm sold on Garcia. That chin of his is made of granite. I think the right eye of Matthysse definitely factored into Garcia's W but Garcia definitely has me sold on him.

I didn't think Canelo's defense was shabby until he got frustrated and stopped throwing the jab entirely, which I think was somewhere around Round 7 or 8. I still don't think anyone has come up with a better gameplan than JLC. Hands high, 2-3 punch combo starting with the body end it with the head. Of course you'll eat punches as well but so far it's the only thing I've seen have any kind of substantial effect against Floyd.

Canelo giving Floyd a charlie horse and making him do the stanky leg had me amused.

CJ Ross needs their voting license revoked. This may another will be sacrificed and technically dominated by money may and dude might pull in another 40mil without breaking a sweat. GOAT in his weight class. EASILY top 3 all time boxer.

I would've liked to have seen how the fight turned out had Lucas not had his eye explode, but Danny showed a lot of guts. The approach Lamont took and what Danny took were night and day.

Although a fair knockdown, I find it hard to believe that Lucas was hurt. I think he had stagefright out there though. Son didn't look natural, before his eye closed too. I also thought Danny caught Lucas on the back of his head on that knockdown, and it was as much him pushing as it was punches. Lucas has always had poor balance.

Nothing surprising about the Floyd fight. He ate a few punches, not enough to make a difference. Floyd is still on top of his game. I had it 10-2.

It was surprising to me how masterful that was.

I knew it was gonna be a clinic but to see it on the theater screen in real time was :wow: :smokin

It's crazy what were are watching from Floyd.

The world has never seen another boxer like this.

46% power punches landed.

And he took 2 rounds off just to show that he couldn't be hit and had figured out Canelo's entire offensive repertoire. .

The way that Floyd adjusted to Canelo's right hand in the early rounds was amazing.

Canelo's right was getting through early on until Floyd adjusted the angle that he was shoulder rolling at, around Round 4, and he couldn't be hit after that.

He's just on another level.

Last edited:
Pullin for Floyd and Danny

Damn, I should have put money on both fights.
I saw something from the Peterson fight which made me think that Danny would win. It was the 1-23 jabs landed/connected Matthysse had. I thought Danny would counter that.

The only thing that surprised me during the Floyd fight was the scores, lol

Money ************ May :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

God level, never doubted him for a second he is a boxing savant. The audacity of the judge that called this a tie, who paid him? Absolute clinic by the best boxer walking this earth.

I like Canelo but it's not his time, he isn't in the same class or cut from the same cloth as Mayweather.

PBF!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Who's left? Seriously question because you guys know more. Who's left for him to face?

I say Feed him Pacman just because... Then let him ride off into the sunset.

Told some of you guys that dude was just way to slow LOL. Canelo is a good fighter but he was in the deep end of the pool.

It was surprising to me how masterful that was.

I knew it was gonna be a clinic but to see it on the theater screen in real time was :wow: :smokin

It's crazy what were are watching from Floyd.

The world has never seen another boxer like this.

46% power punches landed.

And he took 2 rounds off just to show that he couldn't be hit and had figured out Canelo's entire offensive repertoire. .

The way that Floyd adjusted to Canelo's right hand in the early rounds was amazing.

Canelo's right was getting through early on until Floyd adjusted the angle that he was shoulder rolling at, around Round 4, and he couldn't be hit after that.

He's just on another level.

yup. good observation on him adjusting with his shoulder roll D. People just dont know what they are watching right now. I think I seen Floyd come in close, kinda smothering him without grabbing him after Canelo finished missing a combo, and started digging to the body in close like he was on the heavy bag, to try to get Canelo to open up more to counter him, then smoothly got out of range. I guess fighting Kahn in London seems where the money might be now. Thats an option to be next.

I'm speechless of the performance that Floyd put on last night. To see the transition of him moving in the early rounds, to him solving Canelo and standing toe to toe with him while deflecting almost every punch Canelo threw was masterful. You can't do anything but appreciate the craft Mayweather brings to the sport.

All Floyd ever needs is 4 rounds with any fighter to figure them out, we've seen it time and time again. His approach to boxing mentally rivals that of Peyton Manning in football, Prime Federer in tennis and Lebron in basketball. He's just on a whole 'nother echelon and there is no way that any current fighter can gain his experience/knowledge to be able to touch him.

He boxes as well as he walks, his defense is historically impeccable and his counter punching is clock work. There is nobody around his weight class that will ever pose a threat to him, he's the greatest of his time and one of greatest to ever step in the ring. I feel blessed to be able to watch him do what he does best.

Last edited:
Money is a special fighter. The way he defends himself is like watching Jason Kidd in the open court. It's almost as if he sees the punches and where they're being thrown before his opponent even clenches his fist.

Not a fan of Floyd, but that was probably one of the best tactical boxing exhibitions I've seen. I actually thought Canelo had a shot in the first couple of rounds because Floyd was aggressive and probably waiting for Floyd to make a mistake. Although, he doesnt make much, if any.

I disagree that Canelo is "too young", wouldnt have made much difference.

Even though Garcia messed up my parlay, he has my respect as a fighter and has gained a fan in me after his performance last night.

Would love to see him against Peterson or JMM

Yo Lucas was SWINGING. :lol:

Danny ate a couple clean hooks. He has tremendous heart, a granite chin and an unbreakable will to win.

I said earlier in the thread that people were sleeping on him. That was a great fight.

One of the best PPV undercard and main events I can remember seeing.

Last edited:
Yo Lucas was SWINGING.
laugh.gif

Danny ate a couple clean hooks. He has tremendous heart, a granite chin and an unbreakable will to win.

I said earlier in the thread that people were sleeping on him. That was a great fight.

One of the best PPV undercard and main events I can remember seeing.
Danny surprised me boxing as well as he did. I had Matthysse to win but Danny is my dude. IMO the fight changed when Matthysse's eye closed. He was winning imo up until that point. Danny started to land some extremely hard shots in the later rounds after that eye closed. Beautiful performance from both guys. I'm hella impressed with Matthysse though. The man kept coming with one eye. Major Props to Swift getting that W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom