Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested, would like to see how Garcia could handle a fighter with speed like Broner. Think he would still win a close decision.

uh lI would like a rematch bc even with a closed eye Lucas was giving it to Danny. I hope people saw Garcia/Matthysse bc it was great I think most people didn't talk about aboutit as much on twitter thet were saying what time is th Floyd Canelo fight whenfans

the Danny lucas was the main event to me.

Id like to see Garcia vs Broner
Matthysse vs Amir Khan

Ggg will not beat Floyd and hes still not nown to casual

Last edited:
I'd pick Swift over Broner in a close decision, right now. Proven chin, grit to win, level of competition.

I like Broner, but I feel the zero in the loss column is evaporating soon.

ya should of known Garcia had a chin from the last two rounds of the Judah, I picked him to win, but I underestimated his boxing skills and ring control.

Lucas Matthysse's power in his prime is different than a 35-year old Super Judah.

This ain't the Zab that lost to Tszyu.

I'm blessed to say and be a witness of this generations athletes Floyd,messi,Ronaldo,kobe bryant, lebron good golly

is 21 too old to begin training to become a professional boxer?

If you are already athletic and train/play sports at a high level you might be able to transition. But I haven't heard of anyone going from couch potato to pound for pound champ.

Look up Sergio Martinez (started as a cyclist) Mike Alvarado (started in wrestling ) and Seth Mitchell (played football). All three guys have had great success after starting their careers late.

I was talking about that last night Garcia vs Broner would be a great match.. I think dude could possibly give him his first L

Broner is not remotely close to beating PBF at his own game. They have similar strengths, except Floyd does it all better.

I'd like to see a major step up in competition for Broner. Prove his legitimacy like Swift Garcia has after Khan, Machine, Super Judah.

HIGHLY impressed by Garcia last night.

Beating a shot Morales, and gassing out during the late rounds against Zab, I didn't understand his hype.

He showed great poise, boxing skills, and a GREAT body attack. I'd prefer to see him ease up to 147, possibly showcase him again on Floyd's undercard in May, and then possibly Floyd next Sept. Dude is nowhere near ready for Floyd (Who is, at this point) Schaefer needs not to rush it.

GBP is in a good position right now, they have three potential PPV stars in Canelo, Garcia, and Broner. More so than TR & Arum...

Broner needs to stop being so classless outside of the ring tho, if there's anything he needs to learn from Floyd now that he's headlining a PPV...is his business acumen.

is 21 too old to begin training to become a professional boxer?

It's never too late to TRAIN to become a professional boxer. Look up Glen Johnson, Earnie Shavers, Archie Moore, Nate Campbell, Ken Norton, Hasim Rahman, Rocky Marciano, Sergio Martinez, Ron Lyle.

The list goes on. So it's never too late. But since you are going to be a late starter, boxing would have to be your #1 priority from now on. Hardwork, Dedication, Discipline.

Yeah it ain't too late for u, but I'd definitely start with some amateur bouts. Going straight pro wouldn't b a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom