Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMM said recently he wants no parts of Mayweather. He said we all seen what happen in 2009, no point.

$$ Talks though

Has JMM ever seemed like that kind of fighter though? If that was him, we'd be seeing JMM/Manny 5 in November I think.

B-Hop is ******g loaded man, he doesn't need to fight Floyd for money :lol:

I owe Danny Garcia and his fans a huge apology.

I agree with you. JMM has an analyst job too on ESPN deportes or somthing i believe...so its not like he will not have income once he retires. But for the record i think manny would say no to a fight number 5 :lol:
I just think if floyds camp walked up to him and said "you're next....hows $10M".....i don't know JMM on a personal level obviously...but i would think it would be hard for anyone to say no. Take the 10 mil and ride off into the sunset

Maybe, you might be right.

BTW another note on the Danny fight for as great as he fought, he got away with a lot of BS in the ring.

Pro: Glad you said it. Didn't want to be the first. Rabbit punches?

Not taking away from Swift's victory, it falls under gamesmanship and boxing strategy. Limited Machine's comfort level and effectiveness.

Saddening the boxing community was deprived of PBF and Manny in their respective primes. Pac-Man had the best shot to dethrone Floyd, before the emerging marital problems and budding political career.

Margarito, Sugar Shane, JMM. Manny was ready for PBF. No thanks to politics and side conflict.

And also his newfound religion. Too much going on for manny that boxing became last among his priorities.

Did JMM said no to a 5th fight with pacquiao? Last I heard was that he wants a bigger share.

He went below the belt at least 8 times and got what, two warnings and one point? :lol: Plus, I'll watch it again, but that looked like a slip and a punch in the back of the head on the KD.

Again, he won and was doing what he needed to do to win. I just hate seeing it. It's Mares/Agbeko lite. Once or twice, I can understand. The more you go (and get away with it), becomes less understandable.

Swift definitely grabbed the back of Machine's head leading up to the knockdown, positioning Lucas against the ropes.

While it didn't hurt him that much nor was it a devastating blow, Lucas had an outside shot of getting the win before that knockdown.
It would be pretty hard-pressed to convince someone you won a fight when you have a closed eye and have been knocked down, all things considered I just felt like Lucas's body language was defeated around rounds 9-12.
Just when he gained momentum with that huge shot the ref stepped in with the time-out to let him get his mouth piece :smh:

Garcia came with a Plan and executed, LM didn't have a Plan B, curtains.

If im not mistaken I thought I head Paulie and the other announcers say that Bayless wasn't going to take anything away from Danny on the lowblows because Bayless felt he was being pushed down on his head by Matthysse hands? 

Danny was 32 for 45 landing power punches in the 12th 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Great fight man either way....  Enjoyed it way more than the Main Event. By round 3 of the Canelo fight I already knew what it was. 

I don't like that for Danny. He has earned greener pastures. If there's a reach come back to it later. No need to bang out right away. Learn from izzy/rafa mistakes

I absolutely agree that Danny Garcia has no reason to rematch Lucas right away. Danny has much better matches out there for him like Broner, Maidana, Alexander, or even a Khan rematch.

Sources via boxingscene:

TRU Boxing Headz ‏@TRUBoxingHeadz 47m
Lucas Matthyesse tells Spanish media that the rematch vs D Garcia is signed and only thing left is to set the date "Revancha esta acoroda"

TRU Boxing Headz ‏@TRUBoxingHeadz 43m
La Revancha esta! Creo que hay que arreglar la fecha. Ojala que sea pronto - Lucas Matthysse

TRU Boxing Headz ‏@TRUBoxingHeadz 40m
Ya hasta! Y solo flata arreglar la fecha! Translation "Its done and we just need to set up a date" - Lucas Matthysse

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1...eglar-la-fecha

Could be financially driven.

Machine supporters may claim the eye and borderline tactics from Danny culminated in a "fluke."

I'm all late on this but...

Still shocked why Canelo didn't make that fight more interesting. Yes, I know, I've heard and read it all on how good Mayweather is, but I'm looking at it through the other end of the spectrum, don't understand how Canelo wasn't aggressive as he has been with all his other fights. Why was he so tentative?
Canelo said Mayweather's punches didn't hurt him so why didn't he become the aggressor? I guess Canelo's biggest mistake was to try and outbox Mayweather. Something he should have known he couldn't do. Only way he could of won was by knockout. When you have someone "running" (and don't mean that in a disrespectful way, don't know how else to word it) guess it's hard to do that.

What shocked me most from Sep.14 was Matthysse losing the way he did smh

I think we're going to see Pac/May next spring or september IF Pac wins against Rios.

Even if thats 4-5 years too late, that would still be crazy ppv #'s.

I've recently started doing boxing training instead of so much weight room lifting. Feels so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom