Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
when ahve you seen Nonito fight anyway other than how he fought tonite?

he has no plan B. he is a shallow fighter who has relied solely on his athleticism

he Loses this fight 10 outta 10 times

I think I just gave Nonito the benefit of the doubt. I hadn't realized that Rigo wasn't going to fall to the hype of Nonito as all the others had before.

I hope he can bounce back in some way.

Damn Rigo is fast and took care of business. Nonito really underestimated Rigo.

Cant wait for murry vs martinez.

Is it too much to ask Donaire to throw a jab? Jesus. He's going in there trying to finish the fight with one punch. That's not gonna happen especially with a extraordinary boxer like Rigondeaux. Much respect to Rigondeaux. He made Donaire look like a C level fighter. He put on a clinic in the ring. I know a lot of people are gonna say Rigondeaux is boring but you have got to respect his craft. The guy is a phenomenal boxer.

You went to the fight?

Nah. Watched it on TV.

I didnt think he was dazed at all.

was a balance shot. he was standing square, straight up and down and was holding and looking for the break from the ref. didnt happen he got punched went back got up and really turned that round back to what it was all fight.

Nah. Watched it on TV.

O. I thought someone in here said they were going to the fight.

I still cant believe Donaire did not take advantage when Rigondeaux was slightly dazed from the knockdown.

it's not like he didn't try, rigondeux simply just took control of the fight once again like he had for the entire fight

It's sad bc I had really High Hopes for him after the Vic KO

Flash is a one dimensional, one handed fighter who only head hunts.

Its sad. this was no upset. he has fought this same fight for going on 5-6 years.

Nonito to 126? really... to face Solis? Mares? JuanMa? ... Those are All Loses. Yup even JuanMa

how's he a one handed fighter? didn't he knock out nishioka with a straight right?

Last edited:
Dako, How many years we been asking for those basic punches from Flash...

Ive given up on him a long time ago

I don't blame you... And at his age, I don't think he will change anytime soon. Maybe this loss will wake him up!

And dude stays making excuse as well

Dako, How many years we been asking for those basic punches from Flash...

Ive given up on him a long time ago

This might be a dumb question, but shouldnt his trainer notice that, and fundamentally work on those things during training so he is at least doing them more than usual, or is a boxer just to stuck in their ways of their natural fighting style? Then again maybe Rigo is just that good and didnt let him get off and intimidated him in those exchanges in the opening rounds.

Pinoys are 0-2 against Cubans so far..
frown.gif

pimp.gif

also robert garcia was yelling for the double jab

I think Rigondeaux just did damage to his career with all that running and evasion. He's never gonna sell on PPV with that kind of fighting.

This might be a dumb question, but shouldnt his trainer notice that, and fundamentally work on those things during training so he is at least doing them more than usual, or is a boxer just to stuck in their ways of their natural fighting style? Then again maybe Rigo is just that good and didnt let him get off and intimidated him in those exchanges in the opening rounds.

They said that the majority of training camp was spent over the phone. Looked like Donaire just tried to stay in good physical shape.

Said Garcia was preparing for Rios/Alvarado instead.

I actually enjoyed the fight. Rig was just picking Nonito apart. Nonito one two rounds MAX..

:stoneface: @ that one close scorecard.

Question, judges judge based off of what they see and although close don't they have horrible angles? Why not allow them to watch the fight on a monitor of the fight to better judge the fight?

No one watched "30 days in May" ?
It was ok.  Looking forward to the All Access series for sure though.  I found it funny that Showtime not only censored everything HBO (of course) but Floyd also had them censor 50's face during that ring walk lol.

Plus I noticed 50 was in the front seat when Floyd got released. Never showed him or had him speak lol.

I loved that doc though. We've seen it all before but I really enjoyed this one.

Plus his girl is always appreciated :pimp:

I didn't enjoy the fight besides a few landed punches by Rigondeaux. Nonito didn't let his hands go while Rigo was moving and the ring very effectively then Nonito followed him. Rigondeaux should be a star because he beat a top pound
For pound but he'll be pushed aside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom