Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about PPV sales... as a fan why do we even care? we dont get a percentage. good he wont sell, then he has to fight on HBO so we can actually see him without shelling out 60 bucks a pop

the man is an excellent boxer.

I am so tired of "sales" being some sort of criteria for boxing. If a fighter is not Floyd, Manny or Canelo PPV should be the last thing on their mind

Excellent performance from Rigo. Thought the close scorecards were garbage especially when you factor in the fact that Donaire was being outlanded in practically every round but the tenth. Rigo is the far superior boxer and I thought he fought the right fight. No point in going out there and making it a brawl for the "fans" and get roughed up like Tim did when you can totally outclass your opponent boxing.

Who cares about PPV sales... as a fan why do we even care? we dont get a percentage. good he wont sell, then he has to fight on HBO so we can actually see him without shelling out 60 bucks a pop

the man is an excellent boxer.

I am so tired of "sales" being some sort of criteria for boxing. If a fighter is not Floyd, Manny or Canelo PPV should be the last thing on their mind

Right, I think most people just think it's unfortunate that someone who is so skilled is not really appreciated.

kinda sorta off topic, but its pretty odd that Bob Arum pushed for VADA testing for the entirety of camp for this fight but wouldnt sign off on it for Floyd/Manny

take that how you want to ...

Last edited:
kinda sorta off topic, but its pretty odd that Bob Arum pushed for VADA testing for the entirety of camp for this fight but wouldnt sign off on it for Floyd/Manny

:lol: I thought about that too. But thinking about that fight makes me mad as **** so I put it out of my mind.

I was there. The crowd was great. The fight, not so much. Most of my fellow pinoys had on manny pacquiao gear. All I could do was laugh and smh. Rigo was too slick. People were leaving before round 12, since they knew it was already over. Either way, still had a good time. Just wish it ended differently.

Quote of the night: someone in the crowd kept screaming "Punch him in the titi!!!"

For my non-filipino fans, just google what that means. Lol

I already know :lol:

That's just foul :smh:

And I like it when boxers don't fight on ppv for the exact reason gunna stated. I already pay a monthly cable bill, I don't wanna pay a third of it for a few hours.

im pretty sure he said this week or last he wants VADA testing for all of his major fights now.
eyes.gif

memo and conte have been going at it on twitter for weeks now
laugh.gif

Excellent performance by Rigo define the sweet science of boxing. Finally Robert Garcia fighters getting exposed for being one dimensional fighters. Lets do Rigo vs Mikey. No hate on Robert Garcia tho.

its tough to see paul williams , he's so happy and positive about his situation that

it's tough to really accept he's confined to the wheelchair.

Very disappointed with Doniare.  Seems as though he lost before the fight ever started with how the training camp went and all.  Rigo put on a performance although I agree, to the average fight fan it looked slow, boring, and not enough action.  It appeared as if Donaire wasn't even listening to Robert and was solely set on the one big punch he is accustomed to having in his fights.  The knockdown was pretty and those are the types of gambles he needed to take.  I'm not sure where he thought chasing Rigo around the ring 12 rounds was a good idea but somewhere in there it should have changed.

As we all know Arum is a terrible dude, but what he said about Rigo after the fight is pathetic. With a promoter like Arum you don't need enemies. I understand you want Nonito to win but your Rigo's promoter too. He basically said he will have a hard time promoting Rigo.

He's getting Karma for the scumbag stuff he's done in the past. His cash cows are dropping like flies Pacquiao, Chavez Jr, Brandon Rios, Nonito Donaire.

Last edited:
I think it's just coincidence for Robert Garcia. Mikey Garcia fought this year and beat Salido. It just so happens that all his fighters are stepping up to tougher opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom