Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall, Virgil Hunter was Trainer of the year For 2011. Roach won back to back well before his year full of losses. So what curse?

Y'all mad at arum saying the truth? Like it or not hbo or anyone won't rush to show a rigo fight and he will have a hard time getting big fights. His style of fighting is a nightmare for most guys and they won't want to face him

Its Rigo's fault that Nonito's simole *** can only load up on one punch. He made Rigo loik like sweet pea by not jabbing or throwing more than one shot.

Bob arum is a dumb ***

This might be a dumb question, but shouldnt his trainer notice that, and fundamentally work on those things during training so he is at least doing them more than usual, or is a boxer just to stuck in their ways of their natural fighting style? Then again maybe Rigo is just that good and didnt let him get off and intimidated him in those exchanges in the opening rounds.

That's the thing Garcia trains him thru the phone; no real training til like a week or 2 before the fight

That's the thing Garcia trains him thru the phone; no real training til like a week or 2 before the fight
Fighters normally stop training a week before fight night don't they? Pretty much left Donaire with one week of real training. I don't think it would've mattered anyway, just saying.

And the issue people have with Arum isn't that he was telling the truth, it's that he said it at all. His job title is "promoter" and saying what he said isn't promoting his fighter in the least bit.

Donaire is normally trained by the Peñalosas. Garcia just comes in a couple weeks for strategies and to be a cornerman. This might be acceptable when nonito fights the no name plodding flyweights, but not someone with rigo's skill level.

Its Rigo's fault that Nonito's simole *** can only load up on one punch. He made Rigo loik like sweet pea by not jabbing or throwing more than one shot.

Bob arum is a dumb ***
iDNz8dJqyytyv.gif

Not one straight punch in that flurry.

Not a single Jab

U not beating a defensive wiz loading up on punches

Rigo did work! Nonito helped him out

and Bob Arum is still a Dumb ***

I hope Rigo can wriggle out of any deal with his "Promoter"

Rigo fought a great fight. But I honestly think Nonito just got frustrated. Both are counterpunchers and the first two rounds nonito was laying off and they had similar punch outputs and landing percentage (rigo was higher but it was close). You could tell nonito started to just throw punchs in the middle rounds and was getting countered brilliantly and he just got frustrated and kept punching. I honestly dont' know how one judge had it 114-113 or whatever the one point discrepancy was.

I think if they fight again he will lay off more and it will be a super boring fight but he could out score Rigo if he fights as defensively as Rigo does. I know they won't fight again with Nonito moving up in weight. But Rigo is an excellent tactician but he fights so defensive that he isn't going to ever be a big draw.

Excited to watch sergio get back in the ring though. :smokin

There's really no one left for Riondeaux to fight no matter who his promoter is.
Have to disagree. I think Mickey Garcia would beat him in  another boring fight. I think Mikey would win on points based off the simple fact that he would jab on a consistent basis as opposed to Nonito.

Great technical fight. I don't understand how people can say that Rigo was running :smh:

Bob Arum is a scumbag but what else is new

Mikey Garcia is @126 lbs and Abner Mares(Golden Boy promoted :\) is still @ 122 lbs but Bob is not making any deals with Oscar.

who yall got this weekend? im go with trout to out box canelo. just hope the judges dont **** him

Kell Brook VS Devon Alexander is off again. but Alexander will still fight. names getting put out. berto, shawn perto and others

looks like it will be Mike Alvarado VS pacman and Bradley VS JMM

Last edited:
I can see trout running around for 12 rounds for a W.
but I hope canelo drops him a few times and gets a tko in convincing fashion.

if I remember correctly, trout didn't hurt no-chin Cotto at all. and cotto was coming forward :lol:

and yea, it looks like pacquiao vs Alvarado

I'm favoring trout to come out with the upset. Everyone saying canelo has the power. This is a must see fight foshore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom