Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayweather isnt boxed into a corner. He already signed the contract with Showtime. They already knew what they were getting when they offered him the contract. He's still gonna get paid a ******** of money regardless

Canelo isn't ready for Mayweather, 2 years from now sure. But if they fight in September, it'll be a wrap.

I just don't see how this fight gets done. Lets be real Canelo's fight night weight is what around 167lbs? and Floyds is 147ish?....What would the catch weight be...how much could canelo cut and put back on....20lbs is a huge difference.

I would def pay to see the fight. I think floyd would win but i think it would be entertaining.

Canelo and Floyd will never fight at 154.

and Floyd Most likely isnt going to finish out that 6 fight deal.

I wonder what the contract terms are?

I was watching Behind the scenes after the Ghost fight and someone was like go after marciano's record and PBF was like nah I got 5 more fights, than him and one of his boys was like "sheeeeiiiid Might not even be 5 more" and they broke out laughing.

For argument sake let's say PBF fights Canelo in September what happens after? Showtime would still need another 4 fights out of Floyd and who else in the 140-154 weight class could Floyd fight that would get them the ppv numbers they need? Bob Arum fighters and HBO guys are a no, the 140 guys aren't huge draws, Adrien Broner could work but who knows. The Canelo fight would be a decent fight but I get the sense he isn't the long term solution.

I just don't see how this fight gets done. Lets be real Canelo's fight night weight is what around 167lbs? and Floyds is 147ish?....What would the catch weight be...how much could canelo cut and put back on....20lbs is a huge difference.

I would def pay to see the fight. I think floyd would win but i think it would be entertaining.
Canelo weighed in at 172 against Trout. I the highest weight Floyd ever came in at is 152. If they fight it won't be at a catchweight. Goldenboy will not allow Canelo to be drained. They've already said as much.

I believe the fight will happen due to the pressure being put on Floyd to make it happen. 

Canelo weighed in at 172 against Trout. I the highest weight Floyd ever came in at is 152. If they fight it won't be at a catchweight. Goldenboy will not allow Canelo to be drained. They've already said as much.

I believe the fight will happen due to the pressure being put on Floyd to make it happen. 

@ what weight though? 154? I can't see Floyd going back up to 154 after the Cotto fight.

Looks like Cotto will be fighting Canelo September 14th. RIP Cotto. Cotto looking to get paid 10 million for his funeral.

@ what weight though? 154? I can't see Floyd going back up to 154 after the Cotto fight.
The fight is going to happen at 154. Noway will Goldenboy let Floyd drain Canelo. Floyd doesn't have a history of draining fighters anyway. Canelo's size and youth are his only real advantages. They won't relinquish those.

cotto will be exposed by Canelo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Exposed? Dudes been done for years. He's going to get knocked out. This is a bad style matchup for Cotto.

I've never understood the whole "such and such fighter isn't ready for Floyd, give him x amount of time."  What fighter HAS been ready for Floyd?  Canelo is still young and has a long road in front of him, if the fight comes up why not take it?  Cotto keeps earning respect from me, never backs down from anyone.  Canelo should win unless Cotto can stay inside and chop him down at the body.  I felt like Trout's body work was slowly taking a toll on Canelo over the rounds so we'll see what Cotto can bring at his age.  Does anyone see a future fight between Mayweather and Khan possibly in England?  If Floyd wants to fight overseas before he retires he could easily sell out a stadium and cash out.

Cotto is not going to hurt Canelo, too small and too slow. I can see the pacquiao mayweather fight happen when Pacquiaos Top Rank Contract expires, which is end of 2014. But that is if he is still fighting afterwards.

Exposed? Dudes been done for years. He's going to get knocked out. This is a bad style matchup for Cotto.
yea but no one has knocked him out. pillow fists trout is also overrated.

cotto will retire after the canelo fight. 3 fights before retirement?? should've fought canelo for the 3rd fight :lol: RIP cotto

For argument sake let's say PBF fights Canelo in September what happens after? Showtime would still need another 4 fights out of Floyd and who else in the 140-154 weight class could Floyd fight that would get them the ppv numbers they need? Bob Arum fighters and HBO guys are a no, the 140 guys aren't huge draws, Adrien Broner could work but who knows. The Canelo fight would be a decent fight but I get the sense he isn't the long term solution.
you hope canelo keeps it close and try a rematch

casual boxing fans might want a ortiz rematch , and

maybe a khan fight in the uk

thats 4 fights right there ....and whoever he fights as

his "farewell" fight would draw

Last edited:
A Khan/Floyd fight in the UK would do numbers but does Showtime even have a presence in the UK? I thought Skysports runs things in the UK and if Showtime is having to make up the difference with domestic viewership that would be tough.

Cotto is too small. He might put up a fight for the first couple rounds but after that Canelo is going to punish him.

Cotto doing it for the check but at least he won't be scared to trade with Canelo.

I'd rather see Broner/Canelo than Floyd/Canelo

Cotto doing it for the check but at least he won't be scared to trade with Canelo.

I'd rather see Broner/Canelo than Floyd/Canelo

Floyd is too small for Canelo, Broners even smaller. He just moved up to welterweight and thats probably as high as he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom