Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cotto is just like Chad Dawson when it comes to trainers.

It's time to take responsibility for your performances.

Last edited:
i'll always hate him for those 2 low blows
I'm sure Zab's nuts still hurt from the repeated low blows he took from Cotto 
laugh.gif

Right? Remember all that BS from him and his fans yet now dude is demanding testing? Pac and Arum are both clowns. I like watching Manny fight though.

LULz. PacMan is a fraud and all his fans will turn a blind eye to his sudden acceptance of random drug testing.

Here is a thought.
This last PPV featured a fighter that is relatively unknown, no commercials, no marketing, no dancing with the stars, and I don't even know what channel CBS sports is to be honest.

Could this have been done intentionally? It would be a good way to get a baseline of how much the Mayweather name alone sells PPVs. That baseline would be used to determine how much marketing is needed for the remaining five fights.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was Showtimes 'experiment'

From what I'm hearing Lole and Rafeal are lying about the Floyd fight numbers. He did over a million buys yet again. Do not believe these HBO/Top Rank homers. If you can't tell by now that people hate Floyd Mayweather, I don't know what else to tell you.

yeah because its not like golden boy doesnt lie about PPV numbers before.....

again this fight had zero hype so wouldnt shock me at all if it was under a million

yeah because its not like golden boy doesnt lie about PPV numbers before.....

again this fight had zero hype so wouldnt shock me at all if it was under a million
What makes you think I trust or heard this from someone affiliated with Golden Boy? I don't even like Golden Boy. Regardless the fight did over a million buys so it's mute point.

From what I'm hearing Lole and Rafeal are lying about the Floyd fight numbers. He did over a million buys yet again. Do not believe these HBO/Top Rank homers. If you can't tell by now that people hate Floyd Mayweather, I don't know what else to tell you.

They are both De La Hoya jock sniffers though.

#mute

remember during negotiations with Floyd, Arum said USADA was not being a "Neutral Party" and could not be used to fairly test fighters ...

:lol:

With that being said, who's up next for Floyd? I'm running out of options
laugh.gif
I wouldn't be too surprised if Danny Garcia Takes a break from the current 140lb mini tournament that Golden Boy is doing and Moves up and Fight Floyd. I think it is a win win situation for Danny. If he win he would have shocked the world. If he losses he still gets  a great payday and he can easily drop right back to 140 and fight any of golden boys other Titlist. The buildup would be crazy with Floyd senior and Angel Garcia going at it whenever they are on camera.The  fight would easily surpass 1.5 million buys. Call me Crazy but I actually give Danny a real chance of winning. I think he can hurt Floyd and I don't think Floyd can hurt him. Danny is one of the few Fighters out there who will punch with you. Instead of trying to dodge or block an incoming punch he will punch instead. And Danny has showed improvement every time he steps in the ring. I remember people saying all he had was hook, but against Zab he basically controlled and hurt Zab exclusively with straight right hands. Against Floyd I can see him trying to utilize a stiff jab like De La Hoya did with great success.

What Garcia did to zab doesnt export over what he could do to Floyd.
The fact he couldnt get rid of Zab makes me less a believer in danny. especially being that he got outworked and dominated by zab in rounds 9-12.

_______
the same guy who was talking about the PPV numbers says no matter the outcome dont look for Matthysse/Garcia to ever happen.

that would absolutely suck.

Last edited:
What Garcia did to zab doesnt export over what he could do to Floyd.
The fact he couldnt get rid of Zab makes me less a believer in danny. especially being that he got outworked and dominated by zab in rounds 9-12.

_______
the same guy who was talking about the PPV numbers says no matter the outcome dont look for Matthysse/Garcia to ever happen.

that would absolutely suck.
I'm a big Zab fan but against A level competition he always has 3 or four rounds where he dominates and looks great, this was true even against Floyd. This fight he chose to conserve his energy and have his 3 rounds of greatness towards the end. Before those rounds he did absolutely nothing. It looked as though he wasn't even trying to be honest. At least Danny put Zab on the canvas. If iIremember correctly, Zab had a legitimate knockdown against Floyd get taken away.

I'm a big Zab fan but against A level competition he always has 3 or four rounds where he dominates and looks great, this was true even against Floyd. This fight he chose to conserve his energy and have his 3 rounds of greatness towards the end. Before those rounds he did absolutely nothing. It looked as though he wasn't even trying to be honest. At least Danny put Zab on the canvas. If iIremember correctly, Zab had a legitimate knockdown against Floyd get taken away.
You are correct. He made Floyd's glove scrap the canvas. Floyd would murder Danny though. He's way to easy to hit and he throws all of his power punches wide. He is open to straights, which Floyd specializes in, all night. It's a bad style matchup for Garcia. If you put him in the ring with a sharp shooter like Floyd he's toast.

If Matthysse handles Lamont Peterson next weekend, do you think a match-up between him and Floyd would happen? (maybe not for the September fight but eventually down the line)

Last edited:
Danny Garcia will definitely lose to Floyd plus he should fight the rest of 140 first. I don't know who is ready to fight Floyd, but I'd put Canelo at the top of the list even though Canelo loses.

Matthysse is easy work for Floyd. Anyone will hand speed even if they are lacking in all other areas will present Floyd with some problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom