Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they get fined if they show up late. vegas is only 100 bucks tho
laugh.gif
which is a joke and why even have a fine if it's that small. 

There's a lot of loop holes in boxing that needs to be fixed.   Boxing needs 1 governing body.   Love will be suspended from fighting in Nevada for 6 or so months but he could go fight in another state or country tomorrow.   Boxing needs 1 governing body for all the pros.  1 legit drug testing agency for every fight and the same rules have to apply for everyone. Until this happens there's always gonna be a lot of dirty things going on behind the scenes. Also they need a governing body to review the judges scores.   I can name over 15 or so fights just in the past 2 years that we ruled wrong when the other guy clearly won the fight. 

Also with how they have 10 different titles for every weight class and Golden Boy and Top Rank, boxing's biggest promoters not working  together we are rarely gonna get the 2 best from every division fighting each other.   This is what's wrong with the sport nowadays and this is why boxing has fallen off so much with the casual fans.
Spot on.  The judging has been horrible.  Everything from  FNF to HBO/Showtime PPV's I've seen some bad decisions.  Refs have been bad as well.  I remember the Mares-Agbeko fight where mares low blowed Agbeko  numerous times and ol' Mora counted one as a knockdown lmao.  Then gave Agbeko a warning for pulling his head down smh.  They need harsher penalties for refs and the judges.
they get fined if they show up late. vegas is only 100 bucks tho
laugh.gif
Lol that's nuts.  They won that back at the dime slots anyways.

There should be a standard ring size. I'm sick of this choosing whichever one better fits your fighting style.
I agree and it should a standard glove size too.  Also the scoring should be the same no matter what country or state that their fighting in.

cheaterson gets demolished by Matthysse and mosley gets sent to a retirement home by Cano. better watch out for mosleys headbutts though.

I see you :pimp:

Austin (PDX)

Who would you consider the 3 most likely contenders to get a Floyd fight in Sept?

Dan Rafael (12:10 PM)

IF Floyd actually fights in September, I'd say Canelo, Alexander if he wins Saturday and I'll go out on a limb and throw Malignaggi in there if he beats Broner. I'd say the dark horse would be a Cotto rematch.

:smh:

There's a lot of loop holes in boxing that needs to be fixed.   Boxing needs 1 governing body.   Love will be suspended from fighting in Nevada for 6 or so months but he could go fight in another state or country tomorrow.   Boxing needs 1 governing body for all the pros.  1 legit drug testing agency for every fight and the same rules have to apply for everyone. Until this happens there's always gonna be a lot of dirty things going on behind the scenes. Also they need a governing body to review the judges scores.   I can name over 15 or so fights just in the past 2 years that we ruled wrong when the other guy clearly won the fight. 

Also with how they have 10 different titles for every weight class and Golden Boy and Top Rank, boxing's biggest promoters not working  together we are rarely gonna get the 2 best from every division fighting each other.   This is what's wrong with the sport nowadays and this is why boxing has fallen off so much with the casual fans.

repped.

We need a Vince McMahon . (well really a Dana White type, but you know what I mean)

I see you :pimp:

Austin (PDX)

Who would you consider the 3 most likely contenders to get a Floyd fight in Sept?

Dan Rafael (12:10 PM)

IF Floyd actually fights in September, I'd say Canelo, Alexander if he wins Saturday and I'll go out on a limb and throw Malignaggi in there if he beats Broner. I'd say the dark horse would be a Cotto rematch.

:smh:

He's got all the leverage, if are are to believe what has been told to us regarding the terms of his Showtime deal. Can't knock him, appears he's got Showtime by the bawlz

He's not fighting Canelo.
Nope.  From what the Canelo camp was reporting is that Mayweather wants Canelo to drop down to 147 lb to fight him.   People were saying that Mayweather has an issue with how Canelo rehydrates the day of the fight going  up to 170 lbs.  The most Mayweather has ever weighted the day of a  fight was 151 lbs.   

Nope.  From what the Canelo camp was reporting is that Mayweather wants Canelo to drop down to 147 lb to fight him.   People were saying that Mayweather has an issue with how Canelo rehydrates the day of the fight going  up to 170 lbs.  The most Mayweather has ever weighted the day of a  fight was 151 lbs.   
Legit concern on Mayweather's part. Mayweather has never made the 154 lb limit ever. It's almost guaranteed that Canelo will out weight him by 20 pounds come fight night. I still want to see the fight take place at 154 lbs if possible though. I don't want to hear the he was drained excuses.

Legit concern on Mayweather's part. Mayweather has never made the 154 lb limit ever. It's almost guaranteed that Canelo will out weight him by 20 pounds come fight night. I still want to see the fight take place at 154 lbs if possible though. I don't want to hear the he was drained excuses.
I agree but from this it doesn't look like this fight will happen in Sept.   Who knows for next May.   I think more then likely Mayweather is gonna fight Khan or Alexander next then fight the winner of the Garcia vs Matthysse/Peterson fight.  

put in a clause that he cant rehydrate past 160.

170 is too much for a welter, no matter how good they are.

Last edited:
put in a clause that he cant rehydrate past 160.

170 is too much for a welter, no matter how good they are.
I agree but that's what they were talking about and Canelo didn't want to do that.  He likes to have a big weight advantage in the ring.    So Mayweather said 147 lb or fight.   Everyone talks about Canelo being this huge draw yet dude hasn't even been a main event on a ppv yet.  lol  

I agree but that's what they were talking about and Canelo didn't want to do that.  He likes to have a big weight advantage in the ring.    So Mayweather said 147 lb or fight.   Everyone talks about Canelo being this huge draw yet dude hasn't even been a main event on a ppv yet.  lol  
Canelo and his handlers know that his size is his only real advantage over Mayweather. That's why they don't want to give it up. Canelo will get the breaks beat off of him if he agrees to any kind of weight restrictions. Golden Boy is not having that. People want to see Floyd get his **** pushed in like Pac LOL. The only way that's even a possibility is if Canelo has a 20+ pound advantage.

I thought Khan had a wedding plus Ramadan to deal with so he probably wouldnt be fighting anyone in Sept.? Or has that changed?

Last edited:
Dan Rafael seems to think Floyd will fight Khan or Alexander next neither deserve it. I'd rather give Danny Garcia a shot even if he won't win a single round. Floyd is not fighting canelo

Devon hasn't done anything significant since he beat Urango. Khan almost got knocked out by Diaz.

I'll be rooting for King Khan or Alexander the Great either way.

I know Khan has no chin and limited defense, but he's still my guy.

As for Devon, critics claim boring fight style but I've always been a fan regardless.

Dan Rafael seems to think Floyd will fight Khan or Alexander next neither deserve it. I'd rather give Danny Garcia a shot even if he won't win a single round. Floyd is not fighting canelo

Devon hasn't done anything significant since he beat Urango. Khan almost got knocked out by Diaz.

I think whoever wins tomorrow gets Danny next in the fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom