Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised to see so many people say that Floyd is better than sweet Pea. I believe a lot of people are basing this fact that Floyd has 0 in a lost column. sweet Pea loses were either blatant robberies or when he was past his prime, which came sooner than later due to his constant drug use throughout his career. I also believe Sweet Pea fought better overall competition. I think Floyd for the most part has strategically picked his opponent. The only fight where it was viewed to be an evenly match fight by expert was the Corrales fight. I think Sweet pea defense was better and his offense to. Pernell was a south paw with an Excellent Jab and an underated body puncher I believe that alone would of gave Floyd fits. I mean it is widely known that the shoulder roll is not as effective against southpaws as orthodox fighters. If Knuckle headed melt under pressure   ZAb gave floyd fits for 4 rounds imagine the fits he would of had with an all time great like Sweet Pea who is 10 times the fighter Zab is.

Surprised to see so many people say that Floyd is better than sweet Pea. I believe a lot of people are basing this fact that Floyd has 0 in a lost column. sweet Pea loses were either blatant robberies or when he was past his prime, which came sooner than later due to his constant drug use throughout his career. I also believe Sweet Pea fought better overall competition. I think Floyd for the most part has strategically picked his opponent. The only fight where it was viewed to be an evenly match fight by expert was the Corrales fight. I think Sweet pea defense was better and his offense to. Pernell was a south paw with an Excellent Jab and an underated body puncher I believe that alone would of gave Floyd fits. I mean it is widely known that the shoulder roll is not as effective against southpaws as orthodox fighters. If Knuckle headed melt under pressure   ZAb gave floyd fits for 4 rounds imagine the fits he would of had with an all time great like Sweet Pea who is 10 times the fighter Zab is.

This. Ray Leonard would've whooped Floyd Jr too.

watching that hbo documentary on the chavez taylor fight made me realize why Chavez tried to drink himself to death, dude ruined meldrick taylors life. The ending of the show was sad to watch.

I was surprised how chavez left Taylor, I didn't think he had such heavy hands. But man he brought the pain on Talyor.

Chavez was BUILT for a small man. His career is incredible when you put it in retrospect. As Greg Haugen, when talking about Chavez' opponents, put it, "They must have been tough taxi drivers."

Floyd once again king of highest paid athletes :x
Top 10 Earning Athletes
Name Sport Total Salary/Winnings Endorsements 2012 Ranking
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Boxing $90,000,000 $90,000,000 $0 1
2. LeBron James NBA $56,545,000 $17,545,000 $39,000,000 5
3. Drew Brees NFL $47,800,000 $40,000,000 $7,800,000 NR
4. Kobe Bryant NBA $46,850,000 $27,850,000 $19,000,000 4
5. Tiger Woods Golf $40,839,027 $7,839,027 $33,000,000 3
6. Phil Mickelson Golf $39,528,630 $3,528,630 $36,000,000 2
7. Derrick Rose NBA $33,403,000 $16,403,000 $17,000,000 19
8. Peyton Manning NFL $31,000,000 $18,000,000 $13,000,000 7
9. Alex Rodriguez MLB $29,900,000 $29,000,000 $900,000 6
10. Zack Greinke MLB $29,020,000 $29,000,000 $20,000 NR
*compiled by Sports Illustrated

Sooo J'Leon Love tested positive for a banned substance, Diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide.  They said it is to help cut weight or used as a masking agent for steroids.  Have to feel for Rosado, had him winning that fight and now finds out Love cheated smh.  Funny how Floyd and co are trying to "clean" up the sport of boxing and then this happens.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with this.

Sooo J'Leon Love tested positive for a banned substance, Diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide.  They said it is to help cut weight or used as a masking agent for steroids.  Have to feel for Rosado, had him winning that fight and now finds out Love cheated smh.  Funny how Floyd and co are trying to "clean" up the sport of boxing and then this happens.  It will be interesting to see how they deal with this.
I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather drops him from Mayweather promotions from this.     Love isn't that good to begin with and he lost to Rosado who is only a B level fighter at best.    I'd be surprised if Mayweather keeps him on his team if he isn't cleared from this.

I'm ready for Matthysse vs Peterson.   I think this fight has potential to be a fight of the year candidate.    Alexander is gonna need to knock out Pundy  early if he wants a shot at Mayweather in Sept.

Nobody wants to see Alexander he isn't great.

I think Matthysse wins the fight, but he really needs to start fast bc he's always been a slow start and he screws himself on the score cards.

I think Matthysse wins the fight, but he really needs to start fast bc he's always been a slow start and he screws himself on the score cards.

Peterson is one of my favorite fighters in the business right now. He never fails to disappoint because his toughness is often unmatched. He fights to last second of every round and actually gets stronger and more aggressive as the fight progresses. Haven't seen much of Matthysse, but if he brings it like I've seen him do in his last few fights this should be a damn good one.

I agree I don't think Alexander is great either but it looks like it's between him and Khan as to who is gonna get the Mayweather fight in Sept.   Matthysse should be undefeated.  I thought he beat Alexander and Judah.  

Hearing Matthysse is now with the Dream Team Al Haymon Team. Also Matthysse has no desire to face Amir Khan prefers better opposition. Since when does Matthysse reject a decent payday and potential stardom after the Khan fight? If you asked me, I think GBP pay Matthysse to step aside and leave Khan vs Mayweather. Either way Matthysse vs Peterson will be epic.

Last edited:
Hearing Matthysse is now with the Dream Team Al Haymon Team. Also Matthysse has no desire to face Amir Khan prefers better opposition. Since when does Matthysse reject a decent payday and potential stardom after the Khan fight? If you asked me, I think GBP pay Matthysse to step aside and leave Khan vs Mayweather. Either way Matthysse vs Peterson will be epic.
ya he signed with Haymon the week of the Mayweather fight, golden boy keeps saying the winner of the fight gets Garcia later this year

Kahn is a great payday on a bigstage and chance to beat someone, anyone who pass on to fight him is a idiot

50 cent says Floyd Practically gives money to people just to be around him without producing at all and that he has no other source of income outside of boxing. Maybe he's just hating or is bitter, but there appears to be some truth to what he said. :nerd:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom