Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So MAX weight is 152? That means Canelo can't come in at 170+ correct?

Why would he be able to come in at 170 if the weight is set at 152? You're only required to meet the weight at the time of the weigh in. On fight night, he can come in at whatever he wants.

Last edited:
YES!!!! The boxing gods have finally answered.

So there's a max weight of 152. Is 152 lbs. the max he can go on fight night? Or can Canelo come into the ring at his usual 170+ lbs?

Dis Gon Be Good.

Take this kid to boxing school Money May. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
YES!!!! The boxing gods have finally answered.

So there's a max weight of 152. Is 152 lbs. the max he can go on fight night? Or can Canelo come into the ring at his usual 170+ lbs?

From what I've read there doesnt seem to be a rehydration clause so Canelo will come in at whatever he wants. Let's go act like Floyd doesn't know what he's doing though. He's a title holder at 154 and had said he wanted to fight guys where they felt comfortable.

Floyd last year -
I look at Miguel Cotto as an undefeated fighter because he faced Pacquiao, but Pacquiao caught him at a catch weight. He wasn't the best Miguel Cotto. He was drained. He wasn't hydrated

Not only that but three of Canelo's Jr middleweight belts are at stake.

Last edited:
Yea, I think your right. It's crazy that Floyd is gonna get into the ring with someone who weighs around 170+ lbs. But with his speed advantage, he should box circles around Canelo. A boxing clinic will be in session come Sept. 14.

I'm bout to open a Ciroc bottle and celebrate :nthat:

The loser in all of this:

Danny Garcia
laugh.gif

Dude was praying he got the golden ticket for Floyd, now he's stuck with Matthysse.

this fight can land canelo as a sure fire superstar, or it can futher add to the great legacy of floyd

oh ****! I pumped for this, dont think it will be as easy as you guys think it will be. Canelo is getting a lot better. Ill be there though!

I'm ready for this fight.  it's what boxing needs.   I'm definitely gonna be going to this one.     Hopefully I can get 2 tickets for under $1,000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom