Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm just going to roll with I don't think this is "close to being a done deal" as reports are indicating, I'm aware where there's smoke there's fire but this doesn't really make sense. Now if they both went out and killed their next opponents then had a rematch in the 4th quarter of next year, they'd generate a lot more viewers/buzz, IMO.

Hypothetically, a Swift loss in the rematch means an instant rubber match, right?

Yea, that's why I really don't understand him taking the rematch right now. Maybe he just doesn't want to wait around until next May or he knows he'll have to compete with Amir/Devon winner for a few months and wants to stay active *shrugs* who knows.

Yeah what does Garcia have to lose by going against one of the GOAT? He'd have ZERO expectations and if he can give Floyd a good fight then it only works in his favor for the future. You have to go at the best while they're still out there at some point. That'd be a great look for him eventually, as if Money wouldn't pick apart ANYBODY in this class :lol: Rooting for Danny since he's a Philly kid. I PRAY my dude B-Hop doesn't try and get in the ring with Floyd man, not at this age :x :x :smh: :smh:

I'm sure Victor Ortiz, Robert Guerrero and now Canelo Alvarez all had the same idea. It's nice to not be expected to win but I'm sure these boxers aren't going in there to simply concede to Mayweather. Besides the payday I see no real reason to destroy your psyche and halt whatever momentum you had built up in your career to that point. It takes a lot to come back from that first decisive loss.

I don't think this is gonna mess up Canelo's psyche though....Ortiz didn't even get a full fight w/ the headbutts :lol: Canelo's like my age he's got a long career ahead of him just wasn't ready for Floyd. Garcia isn't likely ready either but would you rather get him while you're young and have time on your hands (Garcias like 24-25 right?) and have even a tiiiiiiiiiiiny chance of getting a W that would bring you so much shine and spotlight or keep fighting guys you're better then? I guess if I'm them and I'm riding momentum and being undefeated and the opportunity presents itself, I say why not? I figure itd be best to go into Floyd while you're feeling somewhat unbeatable and its not like the chance to fight him will come around too often imo Canelo is gonna be fine, hes a very good young fighter....May is just beyond elite and its gonna be tough for anybody..so why not take the payday and give it your best shot? I guess one benefit is you're not going against a heavy hitter who will drop you with massive power :lol: Floyd will just dip all your blows and make you seem like your feet are in mollasses :lol: I'd take it on if I were them, but I see your points

Hypothetically, a Swift loss in the rematch means an instant rubber match, right?

Yea, that's why I really don't understand him taking the rematch right now. Maybe he just doesn't want to wait around until next May or he knows he'll have to compete with Amir/Devon winner for a few months and wants to stay active *shrugs* who knows.

Yep. There has to be something we don't know. Like Money's camp straight said no or maybe in my second fight next year. Then he has to find another option....and to his credit...id like to see a part 2 I'm sure other boxing fans would too. But from a career standpoint it doesn't seem like the logical next fight

Only time will tell... But I doubt they go right back into it.. Maybe down the road if they both go up to 147 and get some fights under them I think then I can see a rematch.

Last edited:
Shame we didn't get a B-Hop and RJJ rematch in their respective primes. Almost as sad as the missed PBF/Manny opportunity.

6 punches landed over the course of 12 rounds. :lol:
I'm telling u only dude who has a chance right now against mayweather would be b-hop. He can box and gets under your skin. Also maybe ward, but they're in different divisions

Last edited:
Aren't that many top Latinos anymore...

Danny's on the rise, but not ready for that.
Canelo still top dog but.... Well.. We just saw what happened
MAC won't get another shot he's on the down end of his career I expect him to get one more big shot, prolly vs Canelo next year...

Idk who Floyd is looking to fight now....

Last edited:
Aren't that many top Latinos anymore...

Danny's on the rise, but not ready for that.
Canelo still top dog but.... Well.. We just saw what happened

Idk who Floyd is looking to fight now....

Garcia doesn't have a native Puerto Rican following like Cotto does. The biggest "draw" for Mayweather now is Amir Khan. I think he fights Khan next and waits for Garcia to become a bigger name.

Garcia doesn't have a native Puerto Rican following like Cotto does. The biggest "draw" for Mayweather now is Amir Khan. I think he fights Khan next and waits for Garcia to become a bigger name.

Exactly what I think happens. I spoke with my fam out in Arecibo over the weekend and they're really excited about Danny but he's relatively knew to them. He'll catch on to them if he keeps winning, possibly rock a PR flag on his shorts and they'll notice :rofl:

I think we're going to see Pac/May next spring or september IF Pac wins against Rios.

Even if thats 4-5 years too late, that would still be crazy ppv #'s.

I've recently started doing boxing training instead of so much weight room lifting. Feels so much better

I concur with this statement. I started last summer and train when I can, but I can honestly say it feels so good. At first I was very very stiff, but a few months into it I finally learned to relax and breathe properly. Happy to see other people giving the sport a try. I knew it was tough, but actually trying it out is a whole different story.

I concur with this statement. I started last summer and train when I can, but I can honestly say it feels so good. At first I was very very stiff, but a few months into it I finally learned to relax and breathe properly. Happy to see other people giving the sport a try. I knew it was tough, but actually trying it out is a whole different story.
how about getting hit in the face constantly? That doesn't bother u? I'm out of shape right now and would love to start amateur fighting but as I've mentioned multiple times in this thread I don't know how I'd feel about getting hit or hitting someone(I'm not a weak dude lol, I'd feel terrible sending a guy to the hospital)

Exactly what I think happens. I spoke with my fam out in Arecibo over the weekend and they're really excited about Danny but he's relatively knew to them. He'll catch on to them if he keeps winning, possibly rock a PR flag on his shorts and they'll notice :rofl:

They've done a poor job of marketing him, probably because they didn't think he was going to amount to much. Ironically his dad is helping him a great deal in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom