Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, Angel Garcia vs Roger Mayweather Would definitely make for some entertaining All Access moments.

Last edited:

PBF/No Doubt Trout. I'd buy tickets ASAP.

I want to see that too, but it wont happen because Trout is not Latino and he's a harder style for Floyd.

You're saying that Floyd won't fight Black boxers anymore?

He probably would consider it if the opponent is a big draw and not that hard to beat. But he'd prefer to fight Hispanics or Latinos because of the money it brings.

He'll fight anyone who has a following. Black, white or Latin.

Aren't we a little past the point where saying so and so's style is a problem for Floyd? I feel like these are unwarranted shots at Floyd.

I thought he rejected 9/28 and 11/16 for 800K?

Yeah, La Bomba said his minimum purse from here on out is one million. He was already offered 800K so I don't see the 200k being a huge hurdle considering now he is signed by Haymon (the most influential man in boxing), and Ward needing to fight soon (1year lay off after injury. He needs a fight this year to stay relevant).

I think it will probably be sold as the million dollar super 4 tournament winner vs. the super six winner.

Ward will destroy La Bamba if they fight, he like FLoyd is a great thinker in the ring.

If they were closer in weight that would be a great fight of the minds, Ultimate chass match

LINK

C.J. Ross, the Nevada boxing judge heavily ridiculed for turning in her second suspect scorecard in 15 months by scoring Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s dominant performance Saturday over Saul “Canelo” Alvarez as a draw, has effectively resigned, according to reports.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal and television station KLAS reported Tuesday that Ross has told the Nevada State Athletic Commission she is stepping down indefinitely.

Ross scored Mayweather-Alvarez 114-114 while judges Craig Metcalfe (117-111) and Dave Moretti (116-112) had Mayweather claiming the majority decision to improve to 45-0 far more comfortably.

Some veteran boxing writers informally scoring near ringside gave Mayweather every round.

I just wanted to come in here to point out that for the last 3-4 Mayweather fights, the same guys clamored about how the guy up was "gonna expose Mayweather".

None of these fights have been remotely close. Maybe Cotto. He's waxed these other guys. I'm more convinced than ever that he'd have waxed Manny, too. GOAT.

I think Floyd choses the winner of Khan vs Alexander to fight and hoping that Khan wins bc of his fan base, and it's not even certain that Khan wins bc Alexander has a good chance of winning.

Also floyd will not fight outside of Las Vegas like they want him to fight in Dubai, Uk etc.

I think Floyd choses the winner of Khan vs Alexander to fight and hoping that Khan wins bc of his fan base, and it's not even certain that Khan wins bc Alexander has a good chance of winning.

Also floyd will not fight outside of Las Vegas like they want him to fight in Dubai, Uk etc.

Agreed why does he need to when he makes over 40 mill? He's just entertaining the idea of it.

PBF rooting for King Khan by default. Alexander the Great is not a big enough draw outside of STL. His style isn't exciting or attractive to the casual boxing fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom