OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

anyone ever notice 99% of all posts are questions?

am I the only one who noticed that?

you see what I did there?
Cuz everyone gets their news from the same places. If you're not using Rotoworld for new updates on injuries and players stepping up then you're doing fantasy wrong. How much sooner can one of us break something news or injury wise? 

This is an advice thread basically. I agree that some of the trade questions in here are no brainers and dont need to be posted. But if people arent asking questions this thread would be 2 pages long and probably wouldnt even be needed

I totally get you...

I wish there were more posts about waiver/free agent pick ups and potential trades...

For example:

I am a HUGE believer in the buy low, sell high formula. I have been playing FFB for over 10 years (when my buddys wife used to take score by hand). When it comes to players, I believe that each player has an "x" amount of points in them each year. What you want to trade for, are the players who have the least amount of points totaled towards that "x" value, and give up guys who have made up majority of their season "x" points.

I was able to give Wes Welker away last week in and got CJ Spiller in return. According to my formula, Welker has scored a ton of TD's already and Spiller has not. With the weather turning colder (Manning has a history of bad play in the cold) and tight end Thomas getting a lot better, I think Welkers impact will slowly decline. With Spiller however, he is only a few yards behind of Fred Jackson, and I believe they are 3rd in the league right now in rushing as a team. With the new coaching staff in place, they are still trying to figure out how to get him the ball in space. To me, this is an awesome trade, and something you guys should think about in your leagues.

I totally get you...

I wish there were more posts about waiver/free agent pick ups and potential trades...

For example:

I am a HUGE believer in the buy low, sell high formula. I have been playing FFB for over 10 years (when my buddys wife used to take score by hand). When it comes to players, I believe that each player has an "x" amount of points in them each year. What you want to trade for, are the players who have the least amount of points totaled towards that "x" value, and give up guys who have made up majority of their season "x" points.

I was able to give Wes Welker away last week in and got CJ Spiller in return. According to my formula, Welker has scored a ton of TD's already and Spiller has not. With the weather turning colder (Manning has a history of bad play in the cold) and tight end Thomas getting a lot better, I think Welkers impact will slowly decline. With Spiller however, he is only a few yards behind of Fred Jackson, and I believe they are 3rd in the league right now in rushing as a team. With the new coaching staff in place, they are still trying to figure out how to get him the ball in space. To me, this is an awesome trade, and something you guys should think about in your leagues.
Love the buy low sell high formula. Ive already picked up Reggie Bush for Vick earlier in the season when Reggie went down for a week and Vick was beasting. Vick was my back up for Ryan and he would have never gotten a start because of the way my league scores QBs. And last week I got Gronk for Lamar Miller. CJ had a pretty good week last week so hes prolly gonna jump back to a starter for most people but im hoping for another bad week this week since they are playing Cinci who will pack the box all day. Then Im gonna try to scoop him next week. 

The other strategy I use when making trades is that I like to look at what a team is weak at. They are much more willing to give up a very good player for 2 marginally good players at a certain position if they are getting no production from it. Like in the other example where I got Gronk. His 2 RBs were Mendenhall and MJD. I obviously win the trade because Gronk will immediately step into the #1 receiver for Brady in the Redzone. And Miller cant seem to find room to run and gets TDs vultured from him by everyone on his team it seems. But hes a better RB option than Mendy and MJD so the guy was willing to take the loss since he had another TE anyways. 

Last edited:
anyone ever notice 99% of all posts are questions?

am I the only one who noticed that?

you see what I did there?
i will make a statement , not a question.

i felt like i was breaking up with a hot girl when i had to hit the drop button on julio on two of my teams.  then felt like i was replacing her with a ugly girl with the likes of eddie royal or keenan allen or austin pettis ( whoever i get the bid on ). damm that hurts.
mean.gif

I am one of the many who has lost Julio.

Sucks.

team is 4-1 right now, hopefully I can withstand.

Same here, now I have Gordon, Hilton, Kenbrell and K. Allen. Even though this is my only free league, it's a league with my boys, so bragging rights are on the line. Still in first though.

Pick my flex:

Mike Williams vs PHI
or
Steve Smith @ MIN

Leaning towards Mike Williams cause CAM absolutely sucks right now.

Pick my flex:

Mike Williams vs PHI
or
Steve Smith @ MIN

Leaning towards Mike Williams cause CAM absolutely sucks right now.
only problem with that thinking is tb will run dougie fresh often and hard vs that crap def of philly.  and since revis will lock up desean jax , this game might be all about mr martin.  then you have jekel and hyde newton.  he might be chucking the ball to steve smith.  at the end of the day.....go with your gut.

Is Alshon Jeffery worth an add? I would drop Edelman.

And would you drop Jennings for McGahee?

NON-PPR.

I'd start Mike Williams. Seemed like him and Glennon had some chemistry in their first game together. Schiano does like running the ball 80 times a game but that Philly defense is really bad. They're gonna atleast let Glennon pass the ball around a lil.

NON-PPR.

Yes and yes not expecting 20+ from Alshon but I can live with 14/15. McGahee will see at leats 25 touches clear upgrade over Jennings.

Got a trade question, as I am HORRIBLE at making trades in this league. It's a dynasty league so I'm partial to every single one of my guys and hate to lose em. I need an outsiders blunt advice.

I need a TE, and one guy has Jimmy Graham and Jordan Cameron. Obviously I'm targeting Cameron. He sent this offer:

I GIVE:
Amendola
Fitz

I GET:
Jordan Cameron

I know I have the guys to make a counter offer and make this trade happen, I just can't see past my "i love my whole team" owners eyes. Any help on who I could counter with would be greatly greatly appreciated.

My team is
P. Rivers QB
R. Rice RB
J. Charles RB
L. Fitzgerald WR
D. Bryant WR
C. Fleener TE
D. Woodhead RB-WR-TE
D. Bailey K

Bench:
R. Wilson QB
S. Jackson RB
J. Jones WR (James, not Julio)
S. Johnson WR
D. Amendola WR
G. Jennings WR

Last edited:
James Jones is a good WR2 to start but you would have zero depth behind him and Dez after that trade. I'd be hesitant about doing it.

James Jones is a good WR2 to start but you would have zero depth behind him and Dez after that trade. I'd be hesitant about doing it.

Oh I'm not accepting his first offer. But I know I can probably put together a decent counter offer. He could use help at both WR and RB positions. Also in this league, TE's have special scoring and get bonus points for yards starting at 50 yards. Let's put it this way, Jimmy and Cameron are #1 and #4 in my league in scoring for non QB's.

Damn, my league is getting real interesting.

Dude playing me just traded Reggie Bush & Victor Cruz for Cecil Shorts, Torrey Smith, and Aaron Rodgers.

I feel that he is about to trade Andrew Luck and TY Hilton to another team for Knowshon Moreno and someone else.

This dude trying real hard to maintain that 5-0 against me this week

:x

NON-PPR.
Alshon is definitely worth an add in all leagues. Cutler slings and there are plenty of targets to go around in that offense. Plus with all the double teams Marshall gets, Alshon should be in for several more productive weeks this season. And I'm assuming you mean Rashad Jennings? He'll be pretty much worthless once McFadden is back. McGahee is gonna get 20+ carries a week until he hurts his knee again but he's definitely an upgrade over Jennings.

Who should i start at flex? PPR

Antonio brown vs Jets
or Giovani bernard vs Buffalo
I'd go with Brown, especially in PPR. The Bills D has been pretty good against RBs so far this season and with Bernard sharing the workload I'm not too confident in him this week.

Oh I'm not accepting his first offer. But I know I can probably put together a decent counter offer. He could use help at both WR and RB positions. Also in this league, TE's have special scoring and get bonus points for yards starting at 50 yards. Let's put it this way, Jimmy and Cameron are #1 and #4 in my league in scoring for non QB's.
When you put it this way, I'd be inclined to accept the original trade. You have pretty much no RB depth so I don't see how you can trade away one of them. Your WR depth isn't too good either, but there are probably a few guys on the waiver wire that you could take some fliers on. Amendola will definitely be a worth WR2 especially if it's PPR. James Jones isn't bad either.

Also, it being a dynasty league, Fitz is nearing the end of the line so getting rid of him now, while he still has some value, for a budding superstar is a no-brainer imo.

Last edited:
I thought I had a pretty good sleeper with Keenan Allen. Then I saw everyone else did it this week too. I hope we're right. I've been starting Eddie Royal because I'm desperate at WR.

trade advice...

grab McFadden on the low right now, with Pryor getting experience, his rested hammy should do him good in three weeks... plus with the bye week owners may get desperate

trade advice...

grab McFadden on the low right now, with Pryor getting experience, his rested hammy should do him good in three weeks... plus with the bye week owners may get desperate

I've been thinking about this. I usually stay away from him since he's always hurt. Dude who has him is struggling at 1-4 and I've been thinking of offering him Lamar Miller and see if he'll bite for it

Back
Top Bottom