Official 2013 Masters Tournement Thread - April 11th-April 14th

I'm no golf club wizard but what is so great about him putting the 3 wood into his bag? That's the first time he's used it this season correct? I'm guessing this is good since he has more control over it?

Can't wait to resume coverage today!

Jack Nicklaus has shared his secrets and strategy about Augusta National with anyone who wanted to learn from a six-time Masters champion, a list that includes Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald and Nicolas Colsaerts. But not Tiger Woods.

Nicklaus said he's never had a sit-down with the man who is trying to break his records.

In fact, he said they hardly talk at all.

"I never really had a conversation with Tiger that lasted more than a minute or two — ever," Nicklaus said Thursday morning after hitting the ceremonial tee shot. "He stayed away from me from a conversation standpoint. Never had a conversation on the Masters in general. I've said, 'Hello, how are you doing? Nice playing this year. You've played very well.' End of conversation. People ask me, 'Has Tiger ever talk to you about his record?' Never one word."

Jack Nicklaus: I never had a sit-down with Tiger Woods

Was listening to the radio coming into work and the host brought up a pretty good point that maybe "Tiger is keeping his distance because if he gets to close to Jack it may cloud his judgement on whether he wants to break the record..."

I understand he's close to it now, but what about the early stages of his pro career when he's not as close? How do you not approach Jack and chop it up with one of the GGOAT?

I thought that was very interesting...

Yeah everyone is playing sloppy. I don't think it's the conditions as much as the mental. Watching the amen corner coverage is great. I love seeing how people approach these holes differently.

I really, really hope Tiger comes out and goes -5 or something crazy to get the entire sports world talking about this this weekend. I wish golf got more love. Playing 4 days with complete focus is crazy. You really have to be in shape for your body to not give out, I don't care if you have a caddy carrying the bag. Swinging the club that much is tiresome to anyone.

Wow, what's this about Guan and a 1-stroke penalty for slow-play??? 
Whaaaaaat?
alien.gif

I believe Guan was warned on the hole before for slow play. Still, sucks to do that to a 14 year old. Lots of players playing wayyy slow today. First slow play penalty here since 1995 is what I read.

I'm no golf club wizard but what is so great about him putting the 3 wood into his bag? That's the first time he's used it this season correct? I'm guessing this is good since he has more control over it?

Can't wait to resume coverage today!

Tiger doesn't usually change clubs too often, especially during the season, and especially before arguably the biggest tournament of the year, so it was an interesting move, and also a nod to the new Covert line. Nike clubs get some unwarranted hate some time.

I can't believe they actually gave Guan a 1 stroke penalty for slow play. Of all the players out there, they penalize him. Supposedly they warned him on the 13th, so he had fair warning to pick it up. But I'm hard pressed to believe that he's the ONLY one who is playing that slow out there today. Hope the kid makes the cut so this doesn't get extremely blown out of proportion.

Too many great names atop this leaderboard, this weekend is going to be amazing.

I would so love to see Couples win it. He's done this a few times though and struggles after a few days. His back holds him back.

I doubt he's wearing IIIs - they'll be those Ecco moulded shoes he's been wearing for a few years.

I read 2 interesting articles earlier. This one about Sergio and his mindset - http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/mastersreillysergio/sergio-garcia-trust-success - and that makes sense after today's round.

And this about Freddie - http://espn.go.com/golf/masters13/s...-53-feeling-young-again-augusta-national-golf

Just makes me feel good watching him play at Augusta.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom