Official 2013 Masters Tournement Thread - April 11th-April 14th

Hey, I saw a travel at the end of the Lakers/Warriors game, can we change the outcome?

Last edited:
That's good that they changed that rule - it was always stupid that you could be DQd for signing a score that was thought to be correct at the time.

Stupid of Tiger though. He knows better than that.

Crazy though that hitting the stick has cost him at least 4 shots. That's huge.

I was going through twitter earlier, and Tiger gets a 2-stroke penalty, for what?
nerd.gif
http://www1.skysports.com/masters/story/24492/8636266

Tiger is an idiot for talking about it in his post-round interview. Everything was fine up until that point :lol:

He KNOWINGLY changed his drop spot to his advantage and then didnt penalize himself. He didnt merely sign an incorrect scorecard.

o well, such is Business

I haven't been around TV today and haven't had time to read this whole story so I'm still a little fuzzy on the whole situation.

He discussed it in the post round interview and that's what started the team looking into it? :nerd:

the funny part is people justifying things by saying "he dropped it 2 yards further back, he's hitting a longer shot"

there is a big difference in hitting a Full Sand wedge and a 3/4 wedge. its better to be able to take your full swing on such shots( Its why players lay up around 150 on par 5s)

also Tiger even said the Lie was different due to the grain and that is why he moved the ball backwards.

The committee made the decision and rule 33/7 protects him from being disqualified, sounds like the course management didn't have a great day yesterday, gonna be tough to come back from 4 shots down but if anyone can Tiger can.

silly you get penalized for dropping backwards from the original spot... :lol: i realize he was avoiding a divot, but still.

Such a wild hole man. I'm biased. I'm glad he wasn't DQed. If he comes back and wins, so be it. Lot of the media will not give him credit though. Douchebags like Jim Rome.

hated golf all my life.  now im starting to warm up to it.  me and the little one rooting for tiger yesterday. lets go tigah!!!!! 

Whats crazy is that it was a viewer who called in to tell them of the rule violation. They initially ruled it was ok but it was Tiger's comments after the round that made them relook at it. Based upon the rule committee chairman there is no way he should of been DQ'd

This also bring up the point that players like tiger and phil etc are really at a disadvantage because so many of their shots are televised, and then they allow viewers to call in and possibly change the outcome. If this were Joe Blow and in the middle of the pack it wouldnt have been televised and would of never been an issue.

How do you miss that Tiger? Would have been such a momentum boost :smh:

That's such a killer. Completely let it get to his head again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom