OFFICIAL 2013 MIAMI DOLPHINS THREAD

Who do you want to see from Free Agency added or re-signed to the Dolphins?

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jake Long

• Greg Jennings

• Jared Cook

• Brian Hartline

• Brent Grimes

• Sean Smith

• Derek Cox

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 37754

[COLOR=#red]Haven't seen the "new" one and with Free Agency just around the corner I think we should get it going.

Defensive Tackle Randy Starks got the Franchise Tag today which will put 8 mil. against the cap. I have No problem with this as I don't see either Sean Smith or Jake Long coming back. Sean wants 8 mil. a year and Jake wants 11 mil. a year... both are not living in this reality but some teams aren't as well, so who knows what will happen. Reggie Bush, it's looking like, won't be back as well. Lamar Miller has a lot of the same traits and in my opinion is much more explosive and has better break away speed. Hopefully his pass blocking has improved over the off season. A lot of people are talking about picking up a WR (Wallace) and Drafting another one in the first or second round. I don't agree with this, I say re-sign Brian Hartline as he is a very solid Number 2 WR. Devon Bess is one of the better slot receivers in the league and If the Dolphins can get a Mike Wallace then the previous two will finally have space to work with as Wallace will draw at least two defenders or get the Randy Moss zone shift towards his way.

With mention of the draft, like I said, If they can get a Mike Wallace I wouldn't pick up another WR until the 3rd. There is a LOT of depth to the position and do think a 4th WR is needed but what is even more needed is a Full Time Tight End. Anthony Fasano, outside of his family, hasn't had any fans. I personally really like Clay but he just gets no play for some odd reason. The play he's had he shows brilliance and then drops. He is on the smaller side as well, I would said H-Back/Receiving Fullback but with a really good Lane filling that spot... I just see a backup role for him. And Egnew... yea no need to talk about him. Most likely will not be on the roster. I think you would have to go the following:

1A. Corner 1B. Tight End
Pass Rusher
Tackle
Wide Receiver

I'll give a mock draft soon but I think those are the two most important positions to address in the draft. I'll have some more later![/COLOR]

These are some of the guys I want us goin after. I wonder how many we can get.

Just my own list of players I'd like in here.

Tavon Austin
C Patterson
Woods
Hunter
Swope
Terrance Williams
Dobson
Eifert
Ertz
Jordan Reed
Fauria
Dion Jordan
Tank Carradine
Damontre Moore
Michael Buchanon
Devin Taylor
Ansah
Miliner
Rhodes
Trufant
Logan Ryan
Poyer
McFadden
Brandon McGee
J Banks
Vaccarro
Eric Reid
Cyprien
Swearinger
Elam

I hope we can land somewhere in the 4-5 of these guys. If I'm lucky, I'll get just one of these names right. :lol:

Free agents, Wallace, Jennings, Cook, Osi, Freeney, could all be in play, but not sure which ones and in what combo.

I think we re-sign Hartline for sure. I think Bush walks, and we go with Lamar Miller, and maybe grab a back in round 3-4-5 to backfill along with Daniel Thomas. (bet that kid takes over for DT real fast too) Smith and Long are probably too expensive and leave, that's ok tho, means we get HIGH comp picks in 2014's draft, that's great news really. Fasano probably gone, or re-signed for low dollars. Matt Moore gone, Devlin is gonna step in as our #2, we'll sign a cheap one or draft a project.

How fun would it be to sign Wallace, draft Austin at 12, Jordan Reed in round 2-3 and have Lamar Miller in the backfield? We'd suddenly have the fastest offense in football. :lol: Hartline would be the only slow one. I can live with that. He and Austin could handle the possession routes, Wallace the deep routes, Miller and Reed the sceens and such, hell Austin can even take sweeps and end arounds like he did in college. Tannehill would have weapons galore with that offseason. Will it happen? Of course not. :lol:

These are some of the guys I want us goin after. I wonder how many we can get.

Just my own list of players I'd like in here.

Tavon Austin
Hunter
Swope
Eifert
Ertz
Ansah
Miliner

Rhodes
Poyer
Elam[COLOR=#red] - Where as I like him... I think our safeties are solid and it's still possible clemons comes back. If not, wouldn't mind him on the rooster.[/COLOR]

I hope we can land somewhere in the 4-5 of these guys. If I'm lucky, I'll get just one of these names right. :lol:
l
[COLOR=#red]
I really think addressing CB, Pass Rush, and TE will be more important in the draft with how free agency and how deep the draft is at Wide Receiver. I'm still banking on Philbin being a WR guru when it comes to the draft... at least a little bit is the hopes. With Swope sitting there in the third (I predict) hopefully that will just fall nicely with the second 3rd round pick.

I would seriously consider Taking Rhodes at 12, even better trading back and collecting then taking Rhodes. I think Ansah and Milliner will be gone. I don't see Jordan going past 4 to the Eagles. Wouldn't be surprised to see Werner drop to 12 but he isn't a Justin Smith or even a Chris Long which I have seen people compare him too. He isn't even in the universe of JJ Watt. A late first is where I personally would be OK with him, but not at 12 and Dolphins already have Jared Odrick who does the same exact thing. He has a decent and strong inside rip move but I don't see the upside like Ansah or Jordan have.

1. Xavier Rhodes, CB from FSU
No starter and No number 2 Corner on the rooster. Xavier has really good man to man skills and can play off. Great make up speed. I really like his upside.

2. Zach Ertz, TE from Stanford
With no solid Tight End on the rooster and Eifert probably going at the middle to end of the first round, I take the second best and a 1B kind of Tight End in Ertz.

2. Justin Hunter, WR from Tennessee
I'd really like to look for another corner here but Amerson is a JOKE and I don't think anyone else is worth the second. Using the current rooster only, Justin Hunter is a big target with speed and a lot of upside as he is two years removed from his knee injury/surgery.

3. Ryan Swope, WR from Texas A&M
Very productive WR, great speed and ca contribute right away in special teams and in the Y or X position.

3. Barrett Jones, Lineman from Alabama
This guy literally has played every position on the line and has excelled in doing so. He is big, good length in his arms, and really good feet. He can be plugged into Right Tackle keeping Johnathan Martin on the Left side.

4. Tyrann Mathieu, CB from LSU
Now any dolphins fan... the 4 of us... knows that the Dolphins don't take head case players and get rid of them fairly quickly. But with Ireland stating he really wants impact players (or however he worded it) and Tyrann knowing he is on a very short leash. Who better to get their hands on this then a coach like Philbin. I believe Poyer will go much earlier than this, Tyrann would be a decent pick up here. In my humble opinion.

5. Stefphon Jefferson, RB from Nevada
This is the complete oppisite from Tyrann in the fact he is apparently a High Character guy. He finished second in FBS in a run oriented offense and I think could beat out a soft Daniel Thomas. He shows some testicles here and there but he crumbles so often and I cringe. [/COLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fins Family, we start from scratch yet again! Aaron will be in here shortly to dog trash Tanney though :rofl: :rofl:

Could you PLEASE start practicing the word with me, R O S T E R.

1 O.

You keep sayin rooster makin me hungry for some damn chicken. :lol:

[COLOR=#red]:rofl:

My goal was to say rooster as many times on Page 1... see if anyone said anything. Damn you CP. :lol:[/COLOR]

Did the dolphins ever unveil the new logo? Also are they getting new jerseys?

[COLOR=#red]Hmmmmm apparently early indications are 6-6.5 mill for Brain Hartline's contract for 5 years. Don't know how I feel about that would feel much better at 3.5-5 a year, but I am all for locking up Hartline. He was clearly Tanny's favorite target and with a True number 1 in, it should give him some clearance to get more looks. ]\

This is of course rumors, I am curious to see the final of everything though.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Brian Hartline Officially re-signs

5 years, $30.775 Million with $12 million guaranteed according to PFT.[/COLOR]

QB Matt Moore re-signed for 2 years 8 mil.

Getting close to 20-25 mil left in cap space after you take out the money needed to sign rookies.

Smith, Long, Bush, Fasano, Clemons still the key players left unsigned. Maybe we keep one of those guys, Clemons or Fasano I'm guessing.

[COLOR=#red]Yep, I'm also curious if they are using Matt Moore as a trading chip later in the season. Very possible.

I think it is Clemons that they go after. Early reports were saying how they were working out deals with Hartline and Clemons, I'd imagine we see he gets done soon. We'll see. [/COLOR]

So it looks like Bush won't be coming back next year.... I figured this would happen with Philbins pass first offense. I really think we should keep Fasano.

[COLOR=#red]Reading up on everything, Volin, Schefter, Peter King, and USA Today have all said Wallace will be in Miami. One said it is a "Done Deal"... I think this is really good news for the Offense. I am curious on how they address the Right Tackle, assuming Martin will be the Left Tackle, and Tight End. Jared Cook is out there, I'm not a big fan of his, and there is a draft with 2 big names.
[/COLOR]

If we land Wallace, then Cook would be a great add. If we do not get Wallace, then I wouldn't have any interest in Cook.

Wallace brings the speed, Cook the height, Hartline the possession, and Bess the slot/underneath. Pretty balanced group if it came together that way. PLUS, we can still add a solid wideout in round 2-3.

RT could be Winston? :nerd:

Woodson, Reed, maybe as a vet safety if we have the money left, not sure what they would ask for contract wise. Unlikely to get either of them, but maybe we get lucky.

Today's the day fellas. :pimp:

Last edited:
Welcome to Miami, Fast Wallace
pimp.gif

[COLOR=#red]Wallace is on the wire right now as Done, just needs to be officially announced...

Cook coming in would put everything in perfect balance, although I am really high on Eifert from ND. (Younger, Same athleticism if not better, and cheaper).

I wanted Winston the first time around, one of the better and tougher RT's in the league. If he comes in that offense and line are looking really good.

I don't know if they address the defensive needs through FA, and it could show us the first dolphins pick in the draft being (most likely) Xavier Rhodes who i am really high on as well.

We will see, should be an exciting day.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]with a little under half already guaranteed I'm curious to how it really breaks down.[/COLOR]

Hope this doesn't turn out like Brandon Marshall 2.0, South Florida can get to you. Forgot to add I don't want that scrub Sean Smith on the team :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom