Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

There is no better fit in this year's NBA draft for the Wizards than Otto Porter. Don't care where we pick, he needs to be our guy.

The number one pick will largely depend on who gets the pick.

A team like the Cavs should probably draft Noel at number one. If all goes well, Noel will be back on the court by the end of this year or beginning of next year. Of course, there's still a recovery time after his initial return.

is he REALLY that much better than Tristan Thompson?

11 ppg and 9 Rpg is what Thompson is averaging this year, I'm not sure how much more I would expect out of Noel

edit - Im not saying Noel isn't a better player, but the production would have to be a HUGE improvement for the Cavs to draft him as a replacement, when they have so many other needs to fill. That SF spot is a glaring hole, and I'm not completely sold on Noel playing center at the next level

Last edited:
I don't see the Cavs drafting Noel after the injury

They're eying Porter as well. Shabazz has always been the guy tho, but with the Cavs winning some games who knows where they end up drafting.

I don't see the Cavs drafting Noel after the injury

They're eying Porter as well. Shabazz has always been the guy tho, but with the Cavs winning some games who knows where they end up drafting.

But do they really trust Shabazz playing SF at his size? And with Waiters being productive, do they really need him at SG? I'm asking because I honestly dont know....I do think Otto Porter would be a great pick there

The number one pick will largely depend on who gets the pick.

A team like the Cavs should probably draft Noel at number one. If all goes well, Noel will be back on the court by the end of this year or beginning of next year. Of course, there's still a recovery time after his initial return.

is he REALLY that much better than Tristan Thompson?

11 ppg and 9 Rpg is what Thompson is averaging this year, I'm not sure how much more I would expect out of Noel

edit - Im not saying Noel isn't a better player, but the production would have to be a HUGE improvement for the Cavs to draft him as a replacement, when they have so many other needs to fill. That SF spot is a glaring hole, and I'm not completely sold on Noel playing center at the next level
It's of my opinion if a superstar player isn't available (which this draft doesn't have), go with the defensive anchor. Noel projects to be that. Varejao is good, but injury prone, Speights is useful, but a free agent after next summer and Zeller shouldn't be anything more than a backup. The Cavs give up nearly 107 points per 100 possessions. :x

And SFs are a dime a dozen. Plus, the Cavs will be in the running for LeBron in 2014. :lol:

Last edited:
Hope Orlando doesn't get the #1 pick, so they can pick up Marcus Smart. 

If they did, I would expect them to trade down, they definitely wouldnt take Noel. I think Nicholson and Vucevic is their frontcourt of the future, Arron Afflalo is probably in their long term plans at SG. If they could trade down, pick up a talented NBA player or a pick in next years draft, and still get Marcus Smart, they would be set up pretty nice

Last edited:
I just hope people don't get their expectations too high for Otto. Awesome, awesome college player but I worry about him creating his own shot and defending when he's isolated against NBA wings. But he works his *** off and just knows how to play, always in the right spots and his instincts on defense will help make up for poor lateral quickness. Best thing for him going forward is he took one off-season and went from a non-existent 3pt shooter to being one of the best in the country. IMO, very good piece to a puzzle but not a major building block.

I just hope people don't get their expectations too high for Otto. Awesome, awesome college player but I worry about him creating his own shot and defending when he's isolated against NBA wings. But he works his *** off and just knows how to play, always in the right spots and his instincts on defense will help make up for poor lateral quickness. Best thing for him going forward is he took one off-season and went from a non-existent 3pt shooter to being one of the best in the country. IMO, very good piece to a puzzle but not a major building block.
a 3rd option on a good team is probably his ceiling.

Last edited:
Agree but his IQ is off the charts...I can't express how impressed I was with that pull-up jumper he hit on the fast break yesterday. Very few guys in CBB have the smarts/balls to make that play. He's not the most fluid or pretty guy to watch but he just gets it done.

Bennett is a good fit for the Cavs, he really is a sf that just plays a post up oriented game. he is a bit on the heaver size if the cavs want to shape him into a lebronesque player. Bennett has proved he can shoot the three but the question is has he hit his athleticism ceiling? As long as he works on his weight and ball control i see him as having the most upside in the nba draft.

Anthony Bennett is absolutely not an NBA SF, can't handle on that level at all, plus in todays NBA undersized PF>over sized SF.

Anthony Bennett can be an nba sf, his ball handling skills are sub par but no one comes out the womb a magic johnson. he has time to work on his handling skills, he does lack an nba sf ball iq though. he doesnt have the iq of a pf nor sf as proven in his defensive post and offensive post game

Alex Poythress showed why people are talking lottery for him last night... I liken him to Antonio McDyess.

Hope next game he doesn't disappear again.

Yall think The Sixers could or should draft Shabazz? I think the first rounders we traded were lottery protected or at least I hope they were lol

^He won't fall to 12.

Oh trust me with the way were playing lately, we'll be in that top 5 range lol
Bulls tomorrow, thats an L and then the Warriors on Saturday another L n I'm pretty sure thats just the beginning of it lol. This really is one of the sorriest rosters in terms of talent I've ever seen. Their offense is like pulling teeth and their defense is inconsistent smh

toronto really needs to either starting losing a TON.. or really start winning and catch the bucks for the 8th spot..

this is their remaining schedule:
[table][tr][td]Mar. 1[/td][td]Indiana[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 2[/td][td]at Milwaukee[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 4[/td][td]at Golden State[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 6[/td][td]at Phoenix[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 8[/td][td]at LA Lakers[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Mar. 10[/td][td]Cleveland[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 13[/td][td]at Boston[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 15[/td][td]Charlotte[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 17[/td][td]Miami[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 20[/td][td]at Charlotte[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 22[/td][td]New York[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 23[/td][td]at New York[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 27[/td][td]Atlanta[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 29[/td][td]at Detroit[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Mar. 31[/td][td]at Washington[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 1[/td][td]Detroit[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 3[/td][td]Washington[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 5[/td][td]at Minnesota[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 6[/td][td]at Milwaukee[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 9[/td][td]at Chicago[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 12[/td][td]Chicago[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 14[/td][td]Brooklyn[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 16[/td][td]at Atlanta[/td][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Apr. 17[/td][td]Boston[/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
He's gone.

Trey Burke has been looking more like DJ Augustin than Chris Paul the past 2 months of the season.

Back
Top Bottom