Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

Also what yall think Sherwood Brown from FGCU draft status looks like? I like the way he plays. Late 1st round, 2nd round or undrafted still?

After seeing McLemore struggle and Smart fall flat somewhat, I'm not sure how you have the number one pick and not take Nerlens at this point even with the knee injury.

please dear lord baby jesus let OKC's toronto pick end up being 4..

and mclemore fall to that pick

If this is true then excuse my ignorance cause I dont watch college basketball. You think kids ability will transfer to the NBA tho?
Probably gonna have to play the point in the league. Deff has the scoring ability that will transfer over into the league.

After seeing McLemore struggle and Smart fall flat somewhat, I'm not sure how you have the number one pick and not take Nerlens at this point even with the knee injury.
I don't get how it was even a debate before then. 

Just watched that vid on McCullom, I like his game. But dont like that he'll have to play the 1, we already got Jrue and I def dont like that he'll be coming off an injury. We have TOO many problems with players who come off injuries. If we draft him I won't be mad tho and I'm sure the rest of the city won't either with him being a local kid

I don't get how it was even a debate before then. 
I thought the Bobcats could have taken McLemore #1 had he had a big tournament, given how anemic their offense is and Gerald Henderson entering free agency. But McLemore has left so much to be desired these past two games. But there's still an opportunity for him to make a case for #1.

McLemore has to be the most underwelming #1 draft prospect I've ever seen in my life.

Bargs was a hell of a lot better pro prospect than McLemore. But yeah...Kwame and Bogut were pretty damn underwelming as well. Atleast Bogut has made a huge impact on the Bucks and Warriors when actually healthy. I don't even know if McLemore is going to be a long-term starter at the next level. He's kinda like if Rashad McCants and Wayne Ellington had a kid.

Bogut was pretty damn good before the injuries the last three years.

As for McLemore, I think a lot of his individual success will be determined a lot by his surroundings. He doesn't seem like he'll be able to create off the dribble much in part because of his own assertiveness and loose ball handling skills, so having a point guard that can get him looks and a system where he can have free reign will be important. I think he'll be a lot like Jason Richardson, an above average starter that can spread the floor shooting the ball or finish around the rim, but not much in-between.

Bogut was pretty damn good before the injuries the last three years.
was just trying to go back and think which number 1 draft picks didnt really come in with THAT much hype..

dwight howard is 1 too, i mean it really was a toss up between him and okafor up until the end.. wasnt really a huge level of hype behind that pick

also, can barely remember.. but elton brand as number 1 was pretty underwhelming too if i remember correctly.. kyrie was heavily questioned too

Last edited:
I like Nerlens...but he damn sure isn't the hands down #1 prospect in this draft.

I'm not sure there is one.

Tony Snell and Marshawn Powell are entering.

Powell's not good enough obviously but must not want a 5th year at Arkansas.

Snell is a player but not sure about leaving early.

Also, Eric Moreland is in. He's someone I've really liked. Athletic, versatile defender and rebounds at a high level (really high). And the fact he's so good defensively playing for a program that totally ignores that end of the floor makes it an added bonus, I'd think.

Might not get drafted but wouldn't surprise me if he floats around the D-League or overseas for a year or two but eventually sticks somewhere.

Bargnani was supposed to be good but he was still a pretty underwhelming selection at the time.

Back
Top Bottom