Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are greatly exagerrating Paul George shooting.

Paul George shot 37% from mid range, Andre is a career 36 from midrange.

They are very VERY similar players.

Elite defenders, excellent passers for position, Paul George is just 6-9, that gives him the extra bit of ceiling Andre doesn't have.

I see you didnt post that 3 point range %

how many minutes did Tmac play in the playoffs?

yea exactly so how does that count?

George in his prime has been 1 win away from the finals twice...

thats with him being the #1 option.

let me know when Tmac has done that
Fact remains T mac has been the to finals and was more accomplished then George. Also I was mocking the fact that you ALWAYS make 2 post right after each other instead of just making one post. Your a troll anyways

Really?
[table][tr][th=""]2012–13 San Antonio Spurs roster[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Players[/th][th=""]Coaches[/th][/tr][tr][td][table][tr][th=""]Pos.[/th][th=""]#[/th][th=""]Name[/th][th=""]Height[/th][th=""]Weight[/th][th=""]DOB (YYYY–MM–DD)[/th][th=""]From[/th][/tr][tr][td]F/C[/td][td]16[/td][td]Baynes, Aron[/td][td]6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)[/td][td]260 lb (118 kg)[/td][td]1986–12–09[/td][td]Washington State[/td][/tr][tr][td]F/C[/td][td]45[/td][td]Blair, DeJuan[/td][td]6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)[/td][td]270 lb (122 kg)[/td][td]1989–04–22[/td][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]F/C[/td][td]15[/td][td]Bonner, Matt[/td][td]6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)[/td][td]235 lb (107 kg)[/td][td]1980–04–05[/td][td]Florida[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]25[/td][td]de Colo, Nando[/td][td]6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)[/td][td]200 lb (91 kg)[/td][td]1987–06–23[/td][td]France[/td][/tr][tr][td]F/C[/td][td]33[/td][td]Diaw, Boris[/td][td]6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)[/td][td]235 lb (107 kg)[/td][td]1982–04–16[/td][td]France[/td][/tr][tr][td]F/C[/td][td]21[/td][td]Duncan, Tim  (C)[/td][td]6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)[/td][td]255 lb (116 kg)[/td][td]1976–04–25[/td][td]Wake Forest[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]20[/td][td]Ginóbili, Manu[/td][td]6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)[/td][td]205 lb (93 kg)[/td][td]1977–07–28[/td][td]Argentina[/td][/tr][tr][td]G/F[/td][td]4[/td][td]Green, Danny[/td][td]6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)[/td][td]210 lb (95 kg)[/td][td]1987–06–22[/td][td]North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]5[/td][td]Joseph, Cory[/td][td]6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)[/td][td]185 lb (84 kg)[/td][td]1991–08–20[/td][td]Texas[/td][/tr][tr][td]G/F[/td][td]2[/td][td]Leonard, Kawhi[/td][td]6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)[/td][td]225 lb (102 kg)[/td][td]1991–06–29[/td][td]San Diego State[/td][/tr][tr][td]G/F[/td][td]1[/td][td]McGrady, Tracy[/td][td]6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)[/td][td]225 lb (102 kg)[/td][td]1979–05–24[/td][td]Mount Zion Christian Academy (HS)[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]8[/td][td]Mills, Patty[/td][td]6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)[/td][td]185 lb (84 kg)[/td][td]1988–08–11[/td][td]Saint Mary's[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]14[/td][td]Neal, Gary[/td][td]6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)[/td][td]210 lb (95 kg)[/td][td]1984–10–03[/td][td]Towson[/td][/tr][tr][td]G[/td][td]9[/td][td]Parker, Tony  (C)[/td][td]6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)[/td][td]185 lb (84 kg)[/td][td]1982–05–17[/td][td]France[/td][/tr][tr][td]C[/td][td]22[/td][td]Splitter, Tiago[/td][td]6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)[/td][td]240 lb (109 kg)[/td][td]1985–01–01[/td][td]Brazil[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
Head coach
Assistant coach(es)
Athletic trainer(s)
  • Will Sevening
Strength and conditioning coach(es)
  • Matt Herring

Legend
  • (C) Team captain
  • (DP) Unsigned draft pick
  • (FA) Free agent
  • (S) Suspended
  • (DL) On assignment to D-League affiliate
  • Injured

RosterTransactions
Last transaction: 2013–05–16
[/td][/tr][/table]

Paul George 
pimp.gif

how many minutes did Tmac play in the playoffs?

yea exactly so how does that count?

George in his prime has been 1 win away from the finals twice...

thats with him being the #1 option.

let me know when Tmac has done that
Fact remains T mac has been the to finals and was more accomplished then George. Also I was mocking the fact that you ALWAYS make 2 post right after each other instead of just making one post. Your a troll anyways

idk how to quote multiple posts after all these years :rofl:

plus how am i a troll? i clearly said PG is NOT better than Tmac and never will be but hes accomplished more than him already, win wise...

so explain how thats a troll.

hes actually gotten out of the second round. was a win away from the finals and game 7 against the Heat.

most likely continue getting out of the 1st round. If it wasnt for the Heat being dominate they would be a title contender in the east.

Iggy get unwarranted hate on this board. He can virtually do everything very well except shoot the ball from the perimeter. Iggy deserved the max when he got it.

Congrats to Paul George. After seeing that 5 year - $90 million, it's safe to say we're losing in life fellas.... Does Paul deserve it? Based on potential; most definitely. Paul George is now on NBA fans radar after having last season and post season as his coming our party. The kid got "it". Rising superstar.

Iggy get unwarranted hate on this board. He can virtually do everything very well except shoot the ball from the perimeter. Iggy deserved the max when he got it.

Congrats to Paul George. After seeing that 5 year - $90 million, it's safe to say we're losing in life fellas.... Does Paul deserve it? Based on potential; most definitely. Paul George is now on NBA fans radar after having last season and post season as his coming our party. The kid got "it". Rising superstar.

See that's the thing with PG that I don't get...what exactly did he do last season that suggested he has "it" and is becoming a rising superstar?

I've went on about PG on NT before but I literally don't get it. Rising superstar? SUPERSTAR? Are we lowering our standards on what a "Superstar" is? What makes him a rising superstar?

When Kobe was in his fourth year in the league, he was at 21 a game with Shaq on his team. Tracy McGrady was at 27 a game the moment he got the franchise tag in Orlando. Don't even have to speak about what guys like Melo, Wade, Bron, etc. were doing in the early "rising" portions of their career. They were doing things that suggested they were heading towards that "Superstar" route. PG? Not so much. I mean 17 a game, and 19 a game in the playoffs doesn't scream "rising superstar to me. Plus he's inconsistent.

He's a great defender, and a good offensive player. Can do multiple things. But a rising superstar? Looks more like a great piece than the latter.

See that's the thing with PG that I don't get...what exactly did he do last season that suggested he has "it" and is becoming a rising superstar?

I've went on about PG on NT before but I literally don't get it. Rising superstar? SUPERSTAR? Are we lowering our standards on what a "Superstar" is? What makes him a rising superstar?

When Kobe was in his fourth year in the league, he was at 21 a game with Shaq on his team. Tracy McGrady was at 27 a game the moment he got the franchise tag in Orlando. Don't even have to speak about what guys like Melo, Wade, Bron, Chris Paul, Dwight, Deron, Harden, Durant, Brandon Roy, etc. were doing in the early "rising" portions of their career. They were doing things that suggested they were heading towards that "Superstar" route. PG? Not so much. I mean 17 a game, and 19 a game in the playoffs doesn't scream "rising superstar to me. Plus he's inconsistent.

He's a great defender, and a good offensive player. Can do multiple things. But a rising superstar? Looks more like a great piece than the latter.

^^this...hes a solid piece..not a guy u build a franchise around...hed make a great scott pippen to someones mike. He IS young, though. Jumper needs refinement....needs 2 go to moves, minimum. Like the defense.

And dont forget...ind played the heat(all eyes on the series) and went 7. So prisoners of the moment type attention. That dunk on birdmam
..yada yada.

He never averaged 20 in his life. For his size, skill and new responsibility. He better average 25 5 nd 5.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you guys are putting so much emphasis on meaningless stats like points per game. :lol:

I think the emphasis placed on per 36 minutes is worse. To me that's a completely meaningless stat unless a guy's already playing 30+ minutes a game.

I think it's a fine stat as long as the player measured is at least getting significant rotation minutes over an extended period of time. But you have to put some context into that stat (along with many other stats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom