Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Maybe it's cus I was watching on an internet stream, (it seemed pretty clear/not choppy though) but to me Grif looked less mobile yesterday than he did all season. I know he had some positive plays where he bought time with his legs, but on more than a few dropbacks he had pressure and showed no burst whatsoever to get away from the DL. And on more than one occasion he rolled out off of play actions and his gait looked very awkward, especially when he set his feet to throw. I know he said he would run a 4.4 and challenged Pierre to a race and all that; he looks like he would run about a 4.8 right now. On some of the read option runs where he kept it he was very indecisive in cutting up field and getting yards. He looked like he was trying to get to the sideline and avoid traffic/ being tackled/hit at all costs rather than just getting upfield and diving/sliding.

Aside from that, I know he's not in rhythm right now but he's made more boneheaded decisions in these 4 games than he did all of last year. Intentional groundings, forcing balls into coverage, etc. I know it's natural for him to be rusty but he doesn't seem nearly as mentally sharp as he was as a rookie.

Glad the defense finally came to play, even if it was against Matt Flynn and no DMC. I'm glad we got the win, but not feeling very encouraged about RG3's play. I'm probably a little more patient in general than most people will be; I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he was last year and figured he could take a whole year to be back to normal. But some of the things that he can control aside from the knee haven't been very encouraging.

I agree with you man. But i think its all on his health. He did make some throws yesterday though where he stood in the pocket under duress which was encouraging. In the first couple of weeks when guys were flying around him he looked gun shy...would rush throws and immediately try to run out of the pocket. But his rushed throws into coverage have to do with not wanting to stand in and take the shots. I think once he has full confidence in his leg and feels like he is back to 100% he will make less mental errors as well.

But any ******** fan is excellent at being patient...we waited this long for a relevant team...i can wait a year for him to get back to normal.

It was good to see Amerson get that pick though...boy looks fast out there. Kerrigan :smokin :x :smokin that boy is a beast. Coefield remains one of the most underated players in the NFL. He is a top 5 Nose guard in the league (granted there aren't that many :lol:)

Bye week is needed....got to beat dallas...

Orakpo came to play yesterday. Our front 7 is actually a decent unit. It's our secondary that makes us a historically bad defense. No Rambo again :nerd:
Nice day for Amerson, he's improving every week.

Watching RGIII play right now isn't the same. Dude doesn't have the electricity he brought to the offense last year. He looked more comfortable running the ball on one leg down the stretch last year than he does now. Hopefully this team will follow suit of last years team and go on a tear after the bye week.

Maybe it's cus I was watching on an internet stream, (it seemed pretty clear/not choppy though) but to me Grif looked less mobile yesterday than he did all season. I know he had some positive plays where he bought time with his legs, but on more than a few dropbacks he had pressure and showed no burst whatsoever to get away from the DL. And on more than one occasion he rolled out off of play actions and his gait looked very awkward, especially when he set his feet to throw. I know he said he would run a 4.4 and challenged Pierre to a race and all that; he looks like he would run about a 4.8 right now. On some of the read option runs where he kept it he was very indecisive in cutting up field and getting yards. He looked like he was trying to get to the sideline and avoid traffic/ being tackled/hit at all costs rather than just getting upfield and diving/sliding.

Aside from that, I know he's not in rhythm right now but he's made more boneheaded decisions in these 4 games than he did all of last year. Intentional groundings, forcing balls into coverage, etc. I know it's natural for him to be rusty but he doesn't seem nearly as mentally sharp as he was as a rookie.

Glad the defense finally came to play, even if it was against Matt Flynn and no DMC. I'm glad we got the win, but not feeling very encouraged about RG3's play. I'm probably a little more patient in general than most people will be; I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he was last year and figured he could take a whole year to be back to normal. But some of the things that he can control aside from the knee haven't been very encouraging.

I think the knee is a huge physical and mental obstacle for RG III. He is not only shaking off the physical rust but he needs to get over the fear of tearing that ACL for a third time. You know that is somewhere in the front/back of his head and it is showing in the way he is playing. It's understandable, but he is doing himself more harm than good by proceeding this way.

With all the stuff he talks, do you guys think his dad is in his head telling him not to run?

And why doesn't this man know how to slide?

I don't think his dad is in his head anymore than the organization and fan base is (though more people have changed their tune about him running).

I think he's still rusty, hampered by the brace, and doesn't fully trust that knee yet. He'll get his legs back in time. Hopefully he learns how and when to slide before then.

Already stressing about the Cowboys game lol
I'm flying down for the game. Very excited and hope we stomp the Cowgirls. I'll probably never see a ******** Superbowl win in my lifetime. But seeing them beat the Cowboys live in Jerry's World would be a decent consolation prize :pimp:

We know how competitive the division games get so I give them fighting chance so long as the offense clicks.

I'm flying down for the game. Very excited and hope we stomp the Cowgirls. I'll probably never see a ******** Superbowl win in my lifetime. But seeing them beat the Cowboys live in Jerry's World would be a decent consolation prize :pimp:

We know how competitive the division games get so I give them fighting chance so long as the offense clicks.
If we can get the ground game going early and control the time of possession we win. If RG3 throws the ball more than 30-35 times we're gonna lose.

Griffin did it with his arm last year but Morris also put in work. Definitely need to control the clock and convert these 3rd downs. Do want to see Helu get some more burn.

Is rg3 just not as good and accurate when opposing defenses don't have to worry about him running so they don't have to load the box? Since almo hasn't been able to repeat what he did last year and helu isn't near as great of a runner as Morris, rg has been lookin real plain, far from the playmaker he was last year. He's been improving since the Philly game, but I'm losing confidence believing he can be a pass only qb, especially without the running game. Looking at his stats besides his freshman year, his teams running game and passing acc seem to correlate, but that's probably true with anybody and everybody. But even on running plays I feel like defenses don't even bother loading up the box because of the crap rushing we've had so far even tho Morris has 5.3 ypc between him and helu 70 carries in 4 games is below average. 17th in rushing compared to the best last season. And most of our passing came from junk fantasy time. Not gonna write off the season yet but the way both sides of the ball are playing it doesn't look good. Rambo needs a year on the bench and it's sad considering there's no real suitable replacement.

His running definitely contributed to his effectiveness as a passer. He was not drafted to be the next Peyton Manning. He was brought in for his ability to extend plays with his legs and his downfield accuracy. He - along with this team - is a work in progress with as much upside as any of the other young heralded QBs.

Remember, NFL is win now. All the designed runs from last year and the 800 rushing yards attest to that. His legs got us to the playoffs (in no way am I knocking his ability or potential as a passer).

We just need to be patient. He's only a sophomore learning how to rely less on his legs. Unfortunately, he has to do it behind a sub par line and a sevicible receiving corp at best (Garcon excluded).

Skins currently 5 point dogs going into Jerruh's world.

Seems like they should be at least a TD favorite especially after how they kept up with Denver.

I like our chances.

Watch the 2nd video after the first one ends, I had no idea Jeff Bostic was this big of an idiot...........

Just touched down in Dallas. A LOT of Skins fans on the plane. Can't wait for tomorrow! HTTR

Last edited:
Sooooo Shanahan is basically trotting out a JV team out there. No discipline. Unorganized. Not much talent.

Discuss.

Disappointing game. Special teams atrocious. Offense just couldn't sustain momentum. RG3 clearly doesn't have that burst anymore but he can still move.

But AT&T Stadium is unbelievable. The game felt more like a show. Bars at almost every section. Fan experience here is infinitely better than FedEx. A LOT of Skins fans there. Will be back next year!

Tough game, and Bears will be no different. Hopefully we can get on track....NFC east is still open, especially with Eagles/Cowboys playing this week.

Anyone going to the Bears game this sunday

If we don't win this Sunday we probably won't win a game until November

The training camp bucket hat is up on NFL.COM if anyone wants it

Not looking good for us....our special teams got killed against the cowboys.

Hopefully we can some how beat Chicago...need Jay Cutler to have an off day and throw some pics

I like what I'm starting to see from the offense. However, we were getting torn apart by a bum backup QB...secondary besides D-Hall is awful. Meriweather is gonna kill someone out there :smh:

Back
Top Bottom