Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

I like what I'm starting to see from the offense. However, we were getting torn apart by a bum backup QB...secondary besides D-Hall is awful. Meriweather is gonna kill someone HIMSELF out there :smh:

fixed :lol:

RG3 finally starting to come around. I feel like we don't even need him to run a lot but just be mobile enough to extend plays. Russel Wilson doesn't run that much but is very good at avoiding sacks and keeping plays alive. I feel like RG3 can do the same but even better.

Big win yesterday though and i completely agree that the defense and STs are pretty bad. Our secondary is trash

fixed :lol:

RG3 finally starting to come around. I feel like we don't even need him to run a lot but just be mobile enough to extend plays. Russel Wilson doesn't run that much but is very good at avoiding sacks and keeping plays alive. I feel like RG3 can do the same but even better.

Big win yesterday though and i completely agree that the defense and STs are pretty bad. Our secondary is trash

Nah we need rg to run that's his m.o. Morris actually had runs longer than 3 yards yesterday because the bears had to spy the qb every down once he started running. Orakpo played his best game in years, maybe it was because Kerrigan was doubled a lot. Yeah our secondary is garbage we can't even play prevent right, and it doesn't look like they're improving cept hall had a big game. Special teams aren't lookin good either. Never punt the ball to Hester, NEVER

Never punt the ball to Hester, NEVER
The ONE thing. Just one thing you don't do and they did it. I just don't get this team man...

Happy for the win. Glad to see Helu get more touches (Fantasy team hates it). He's so much more effective in space than Morris. RG3 continues to shake off the rust and looks more like his old self. Jordan Reed living up to the hype. Hall having a great game.

Needed this win. If Orakpo and Kerrigan can do damage next week... Anything is possible. All I'll say

If I am Kyle next week, I run, run, run, run, run all day. Got to get the ground game going and sustain LONG, time consuming drives. Gotta key Peyton off the field..our D is too crappy.

Our secondary in that altitude...:x I believe the O will put up points again though. If Cofield, Bowen, and Kerrakpo can generate pressure we might still have a shot though. However, I don't really see Denver dropping two straight..

Can't really say the defense played that badly...RG3 was awful today. Those throws to Morgan and Robinson HAVE to be completed. We make those plays and it's a different ball game. Chargers next week...we'll see who shows up to play.

Garcon's one handed catch.... :x you could hear the crowd on the replay of it at the stadium...Oooooooooooo.

But RG3 missed some easy throws and had guys wide open and was forcing it to Jordon Reed in the middle for no reason. He needs to learn to check it down. So many times the RB (or Josh Morgan on that one play) was wide open out of the back field. It will be a 3-4 yard gain but thats better then forcing the ball into the middle.

That being said i think we all expected to lose to denver. And we weren't doing poorly until they tied the game up and we were forced to abandon the run and start throwing. Alfred was running really well early on. But once we were forced to throw it was all downhill.

Hopefully we can turn it around against San Diego

Should the shannihan's get an extension next year?

I'd say give em 1 more year w no cap penalty.

He has turned the team around w/ his drafts, sort of.. lol

Should the shannihan's get an extension next year?

I'd say give em 1 more year w no cap penalty.

He has turned the team around w/ his drafts, sort of.. lol
I wouldn't be upset if he was sent packing. A 5 year deal and as of right now it's looking like a lost experiment with 4 out of the 5 seasons being losing years. For all the credit he gets for drafting depth and what not none of it is really showing up on the field

I would not mind another 2-3 years of Shanahan. While his 1st two years left much to be desired.. He did bring in a franchise QB that we lacked for so long, started building a foundation, and won the division. You can't ignore the impact of the cap penalty, RG3's injury hampering his development and production, and us having a first place schedule. Maybe I'm too forgiving but I'm willing to give him a mulligan this year. I didn't see us doing more than 8-8 honestly.

I want to see his 5 year plan all the way through because this team has shown promise. However, I won't tolerate this piss poor O-line that has been an issue for YEARS. Special teams needs to be addressed ASAP. And Haslett has to go.

Last edited:
I would not mind another 2-3 years of Shanahan. While his 1st two years left much to be desired.. He did bring in a franchise QB that we lacked for so long, started building a foundation, and won the division. You can't ignore the impact of the cap penalty, RG3's injury hampering his development and production, and us having a first place schedule. Maybe I'm too forgiving but I'm willing to give him a mulligan this year. I didn't see us doing more than 8-8 honestly.

I want to see his 5 year plan all the way through because this team has shown promise. However, I won't tolerate this piss poor O-line that has been an issue for YEARS. Special teams needs to be addressed ASAP. And Haslett has to go.
This

Thought's on the Denver game,

If Lil' Shanny continued to feed the ball to alf and helu,

Would that have saved a blowout?

Did he really need to start a series with plays in the air?

Thought's on the Denver game,

If Lil' Shanny continued to feed the ball to alf and helu,

Would that have saved a blowout?

Did he really need to start a series with plays in the air?

Honestly it could have saved a blow out...but we were still going to lose. Even i knew at 21-7 we needed more points with our trash defense. They scored pretty easily after D. Hall's pick 6. At that point as a coach id assume you would say ok we need to score here. And if we run run throw punt.....everyone says we should have played more aggressively. I think what we did was fine....its just our o-line sucked at pass protection....rg3 wasn't seeing the field/missing throws...and our defense couldn't stop a nose bleed :lol:

I know our division sucks but a loss here is pretty much the curtains on the season I think. Gotta win.

Back
Top Bottom