Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

If your offense is putting up 30+ points per game, you should have more than 1 win.

Defense/secondary = unacceptable.

Told ya'll.

Get film on the kid and that fluke college style offense and the rest is history...

Would have liked to see RG3 rally Washington all the way back even though the Skins are within the division. Can't help but root for the kid, the more people criticize and hate. Finally targeted Davis today with Garcon out. Hank looks decent for his rookie campaign.

21/34, 221, 1. 12/85/1. Not the worst day at the office in a seven-point loss. Fumbles though.

Would have liked to see RG3 rally Washington all the way back even though the Skins are within the division. Can't help but root for the kid, the more people criticize and hate. Finally targeted Davis today with Garcon out. Hank looks decent for his rookie campaign.
21/34, 221, 1. 12/85/1. Not the worst day at the office in a seven-point loss. Fumbles though.

Fumbles KILLED the team. He'll learn in time. Griff has kept the team in games (so far) until the very end. Which is something we can't say about previous QBs here in DC.

The bigger problem is the defense. No reason to be 1-2 when the offense is putting up 30+ points per game.

The defense is obviously a massive problem. The front 7 did okay, despite the injuries, but somehow we seem to have the worst secondary in the league. I know Haslett is running more zone than man to man, but D'Angelo Hall seems to be getting torched multiple times per game. The Rams scoring six points a week after throwing it all over the field against us says it all, really.

Trent to get an MRI on that knee. :smh:

Don't know how long RGIII is going to last getting blown up every few downs. That option pitch is getting him killed.

Last edited:
Don't know how long RGIII is going to last getting blown up every few downs. That option pitch is getting him killed.

That triple option is actually pretty effective but not at the expense of losing your franchise QB. After the first few times Cincy didn't even care about the pitch. They were just going to blow up RG3 either way.

Fumbles KILLED the team. He'll learn in time. Griff has kept the team in games (so far) until the very end. Which is something we can't say about previous QBs here in DC.
The bigger problem is the defense. No reason to be 1-2 when the offense is putting up 30+ points per game.
Wasn't that supposed to be a moderate strong point for you guys, Js?

This is why I said the Skins win 6-8 games max this year. Folks got so hyped off the first game, they turned the cheek on the glaring flaws the Skins had.

Where was that one dude on here predicting the Skins would win the division and go to the Superbowl? :smh:

All these games have shown me is that RG III is the real deal and that for once in the last 20 years the Skins have a QB who is a factor and they are not out of it if they fall behind by a couple of scores.

In past if the Skins went down by 14 points.......you might as well shut the game off and go mow the yard or run some errands. At least they are relevant and have a chance.

That defense is slowwwww......slow and stupid.

Wasn't that supposed to be a moderate strong point for you guys, Js?

Yea....they should be better than what they are showing. I think most people thought they would be a middle of the pack defense (ranking wise). What hurt them was the cap penalites, relying on guys like Tanard Jackson to stay off dank, and the injuries to Meriweather, Carriker, and Rak.

There is NO reason a guy like madieu williams should be getting extended PT. On top of it all, Haslett is proving to be a moron. Look at hte coverage from yesterday's 73 yard TD. Mo Sanu lines up at QB w/ Dalton split wide. Someone didn't do their research on Sanu because he's thrown close to 20 passes at Rutgers. Also, WHY would you have D.Hall lined up on Dalton like he was a threat? Made no sense.

There are a ton of problems and frankly, I don't know if anything will be fixed from here on out. Team has to rely on winning via shootout from now on. Assuming RGIII is still standing upright by week 6. He's carrying the ball WAY too much.

Yea....they should be better than what they are showing. I think most people thought they would be a middle of the pack defense (ranking wise). What hurt them was the cap penalites, relying on guys like Tanard Jackson to stay off dank, and the injuries to Meriweather, Carriker, and Rak.
There is NO reason a guy like madieu williams should be getting extended PT. On top of it all, Haslett is proving to be a moron. Look at hte coverage from yesterday's 73 yard TD. Mo Sanu lines up at QB w/ Dalton split wide. Someone didn't do their research on Sanu because he's thrown close to 20 passes at Rutgers. Also, WHY would you have D.Hall lined up on Dalton like he was a threat? Made no sense.
There are a ton of problems and frankly, I don't know if anything will be fixed from here on out. Team has to rely on winning via shootout from now on. Assuming RGIII is still standing upright by week 6. He's carrying the ball WAY too much.

Yeah man......Shanahan is using RG III like he is playing Madden. Unlike the video game world, real life players do get tired and don't have a turbo/energy bar as we all noticed on that last drive where RG III was clearly gassed. They drove the Aston Martin right off the lot and threw it 6th gear and have been mashing the acceleartor ever since.......

Dude has a heck of an arm.....THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD!

This is why I said the Skins win 6-8 games max this year. Folks got so hyped off the first game, they turned the cheek on the glaring flaws the Skins had.
Where was that one dude on here predicting the Skins would win the division and go to the Superbowl? :smh:
All these games have shown me is that RG III is the real deal and that for once in the last 20 years the Skins have a QB who is a factor and they are not out of it if they fall behind by a couple of scores.
In past if the Skins went down by 14 points.......you might as well shut the game off and go mow the yard or run some errands. At least they are relevant and have a chance.
That defense is slowwwww......slow and stupid.

I'm right here lol. I still think we'll win the division, but I definitely overlooked the defense been this bad at least thus far. We could and should very well be 3-0. It's pretty annoying, but we have 2 losses and a win. Play the Bucs next week and we should be alright. Look at how bad Philly has played despite their record, the 'Boys are inconsistent as they are every year, and I always feel as if we have the Giants number...

I'm right here lol. I still think we'll win the division, but I definitely overlooked the defense been this bad at least thus far. We could and should very well be 3-0. It's pretty annoying, but we have 2 losses and a win. Play the Bucs next week and we should be alright. Look at how bad Philly has played despite their record, the 'Boys are inconsistent as they are every year, and I always feel as if we have the Giants number...

No shots/offense with this statement, but you sound like a fiend/addict.....This is the same rhetoric with diehard area Skins fans every freakin' year around town here. "We should be 4-0...." or "We almost beat the Cowboys twice......" etc. There is always is a shoulda woluda coulda with this franchise, but at the end of the day......they are 1-2 and very well could have been 0-3. Giving up the most points in the NFL so far and the ******** are who we thought they were so far. An entertaining team with a promising future, but not ready for contention just yet.

This area is irritating with it's lofty expectations and blind hype machine that overlooks our crappy deficiencies. :smh:

There are alot of parallels between ******** fans and Knicks fans.

Different sports. Same rhetoric.

Last edited:
There are alot of parallels between ******** fans and Knicks fans.
Different sports. Same rhetoric.

Yeah I made that statement in the Knicks season thread back when they traded for Carmelo. Must be something in the Atlantic Ocean floating around here on the East Coast.

Good news is they held on to win.

Bad news is the defense continues to be weak and the schedule turns murderous from here on out.

Cundiff always look shook when he has to kick. :smh:

Cundiff is gonna be cut this week. No way the Shanhan's go into week 5 w/o having other kickers brought in. Wouldn't be surprised if Gano comes back.

Oh yea, Alfred Morris :smokin

A win is always good. :pimp:

:smh: 3 misses in a row, though. Could hardly watch that last one. Don't care to see Gano back, either.

Secondary has been off, but injuries in the front seven showed in the pass rush today, and the schedule won't give them any respite.

Crazy stat I heard this morning...

This is the first Skins come from behind win (in the last 2:00) since 1999

Back
Top Bottom