Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

That had the makings of a typical ******** loss. Go up with a huge lead and let it crumble from foolish mistakes and a kicker going 0-3. One was a chip shot and the other was makeable. Didn't expect him to hit that 57 yarder, but they should have put 45 points up on TB the way they were moving the ball.

Leave it to the Skins to make things interesting.

First of many come from behind wins in the career of RG III, hopefully.

*Not to rain on the parade, but those were probably the two weakest opponents on the Skins' schedule.

The next four games will be brutal.....Falcons and Steelers sprinkled in there? Wow.

******** quarterback Robert Griffin III is the is the recipient of the NFL’s September Rookie of the Month Award.

That’s no surprise after Griffin completed a month in which he went 86-for-124 passing, with 1,070 yards, four touchdowns and a passer rating of 103.2. On top of that, Griffin scored four rushing touchdowns in four games, putting him on pace to break Cam Newton’s record of 14 rushing touchdowns in a season by a quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...iii-is-the-nfl-offensive-rookie-of-the-month/

BIG test on Sunday. Team is gonna have to put up 35+ if they want to send ATL home with their first loss. Their run defense sucks, so clock possession and a heavy dose of ALF is what's going to have to happen to give this team any sort of shot at winning.

If history repeats itself with the Skins, they usually play really well against great teams (except for that 84989484 point beat down the Pats put on them back in 07).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins pull off the upset at home.

Atlanta's WR are monsters and will shred up that weak Skins secondary, IMO. Hope Haslett had a miraculous revelation about defensive coaching schemes this week.

Cut cundiff.

RGIII, get yourself healthy

Game was winnable today. Despite the chunks of yards allowed to Matt Ryan, this was the best defensive effort they've had all season. Hopefully they can build off of it vs. the Vikes next week.

So you go ghost in your WIR thread after the cowboys lose, but are one of the first people to post in here when the skins lose. Predictable and lame.

Last edited:
College style offense..
Told ya.

Did you even watch the game? He was in the pocket all game except for 3 or 4 plays. He should have thrown the ball away or slid. It's funny you show up in this thread but was no where to be seen after your cowboys got molly whooped last Monday. :lol:

Skins win? LOL.
My man got them rg3 symptoms...

You know what i meant, fool.

Your corny *** can't even show face when your team loses, but yet somehow reappears by making magical appearances like a damn wizard in other team threads when they lose.

Lame.

Last edited:
RGIII w/ a "mild" concussion.

Team spokesman Tony Wyllie said Griffin was examined by a neurologist in the locker room before being sent home from the team's stadium and will be re-evaluated again Monday.

About three hours after the game, Griffin tweeted: "I'm ok and I think after all the testing I will play next week."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...rt-griffin-iii-shaken-hit-return-questionable

The Cundiff era is over......thankfully.

http://www2.insidenova.com/sports/2...**-replace-kicker-cundiff-forbath-ar-2270095/

Kai Forbath.....can't be any.....worse.

His status is incredible. Great effort from the defense too.

That Vikings Punt Returner got JACKED UP!!!!!!!!!

It's just good to see the Skins having a legitimate shot at victory week in and week out. Playing competive football and shaking off their old bad habits. Still almost squandering that lead in the 4th, always leaves one shaking their head like......"here we go again...."

It's just good to see the Skins having a legitimate shot at victory week in and week out. Playing competive football and shaking off their old bad habits. Still almost squandering that lead in the 4th, always leaves one shaking their head like......"here we go again...."

Agreed, it's good to see. The offense is good enough to compete and put up points every week.

The defense was pretty good yesterday - especially in the first half. Thought Trent Williams had a fantastic game, and RG3 was RG3. His all around talent is unbelievable. Feels a bit surreal cheering for him- like is this dude actually QB for my ********?

Last edited:
Bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

This team is in disarray. More specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

One of two things I expect to happen before they get back into it 2 weeks from now:

1. Brandon Banks is cut

2. Haslett is fired (Morris takes over)

Ugh

Tough to see RG III sitting with a 3-6 record and Luck has put up and impressive 5-3 start in Indy. Despite feeling this Skins team would be a 6-8 win team at best this year, these are still the same old typical frustrating Skins losses as usual.

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

This team is in disarray. More specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

One of two things I expect to happen before they get back into it 2 weeks from now:

1. Brandon Banks is cut

2. Haslett is fired (Morris takes over)

Ugh

Couldn't' agree more. Banks is running scared the whole time.

And without a pass rush we have absolutely 0 defense. Our linebackers are terrible. I love Fletch but he has lost a step in coverage. Our DB's are terrible. All we seem to have is Coefield and Kerrigan right now.

Mike Shanahan is not with out fault. There are a lot of things that I feel as though he could have done differently in his tenure here (the main blemish is bringing in McNabb - who most of us thought was a good deal at the time).

For one, this team is absolutely depleted as far as depth is concerned. It was only as of the past year or so that they finally had enough picks to start stockpiling "talent." Look at the trash that was selected in both 2008/2009.

2 3 (34) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
2 17 (48) Fred Davis TE USC
2 20 (51) Malcolm Kelly WR Oklahoma
3* 33 (96) Chad Rinehart G Northern Iowa
4 25 (124) Justin Tryon CB Arizona State
6 2 (168) Durant Brooks P Georgia Tech
6 14 (180) Kareem Moore DB Nicholls State
6 20 (186) Colt Brennan QB Hawaii
7* 35 (242) Rob Jackson DE Kansas State
7* 42 (249) Chris Horton S UCLA

1 (13) Brian Orakpo DE Texas [Profile]
3 (80) Kevin Barnes DB Maryland [Profile]
5 (158) Cody Glenn OLB Nebraska (from Minnesota) [Profile]
6 (186) Robert Henson ILB TCU [Profile]
7 (221) Eddie Williams TE Idaho (from Minnesota) [Profile]
7 (243) Marko Mitchell WR Nevada (Compensatory pick) [Profile]

Out of the 2009 draft, only ONE player is currently in the NFL...ONE. How does that happen? 2008 - look at all the misses. :smh: Between the 2 drafts, there are 3 out of 16 players not only with the ********, but on an NFL roster!!! :wow: If you have 16 picks, more guys should be on this team and contributing. I mean, what the hell do you expect?

You have the lack of depth...now cap penalties which SEVERELY limited the ability of the front office to even put together a competitive team. I'm not even going to blame injuries for anything because all teams go through it. 32 million in cap penalities is CRIPPLING. When you can't go after the FAs that you want and have to settle for guys with shady records (T.Jackson) or retreads (Meriweather), it's going to be a trying year. I hope Adam Schefter is right in that cap relief is coming for this team in the 2013 offseason and they'll recoup some of their lost $. That would be HUGE.

Mike Shanahan is basically building this team from scratch. My expectations for this team this year was something like 7 or 8 wins. Going to be an uphill battle with 7 games left in the season but it can be done. I want to see Shanahan get his full 5 years with the team. Snyder, since Shanny came on board, has been hands off. That's exactly what eveyrone wanted. We need to stop with the knee-jerk reactions and over analyzation of everything surrounding this team. We know what the problems are and firing a coach mid-contract is what ******** regimes of old would have done. Let the man finish what he's trying to build here.

The problems:

1. The defense. It needs a COMPLETE overhaul starting with the coordinator. Haslett was Shanahan's guy. Cut him loose and bring in someone who can run the 3-4 with effectiveness. I maintain that if this team had even an average defense, we'd be over .500 at this point. The defense is that much of a problem.

2. Cut loose guys who are from the old regime (at seasons end). DeAngelo Hall/Chris Cooley. I understand why Cooley was brought back - familiarity with the system, but he still needs to go.

3. Cut loose dead weight - aka, guys who aren't contributing OR showing up ready to play. THis is what Shanahan meant by the "evaluation" process. Brandon Banks, Leonard Hankerson, Madoodoo Williams, etc.

Through all of this, I maintain that there is A LOT of reasons to be optimistic for the future of the ********. There's a reason why guys around the league and in the media feel as though this team will be headed in the right direction. I don't feel bad for RGIII. He's a dynamic player and one of MANY rookie QB's over the years who is playing for a sub-par team. Griffin, Morris, Trent Williams, Orakpo, Kerrigan...those are 5 good players to build around. We've been clamoring for a franchise QB - now we have one. The offense is not the problem with this team. It's the lack of skill that's on the field. Hopefully through smart drafting and playing the FA market effectively, the ******** can field a much better unit in 2013 (and beyond).

This is not the time to panic. If this was year 5 of having RGIII as the QB and the team's record was 3-6 going into the BYE, then yea...panic. Right now, it's not the case.

Chill.

The good news is that the ******** have a plethora of upcoming games against the NFC East.....

The bad news is that the ******** have a plethora of upcoming games against the NFC East.

They need to make a statement against Philly and Foles.

Good win today. We've had our problems with rookie QBs in the past, so I'm glad (at least for one week) they broke the trend. Defense played real well. Griffin - well... :wow:

Big game on Thurs. LETS GET IT!!

Back
Top Bottom