Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

From the Skins insiders (early roster predictions):

Now that’s 25 defensive guys as well. Toughest cut, & one that I heard was a match-up is Chase Minnifield vs Josh Wilson. Wilson struggled last season & is definitely on the bubble for a spot this year. Coaching staff loves Minnifield & feels he’s flashed too much to stash him on the practice squad. We’ll know more on this battle in the preseason. Tanard Jackson will likely be reinstated & worked back in the safety rotation. Reed Doughty still proves to be valuable on special teams & a reserve.

Link

Richard Crawford got carted off the field today. And Josh Morgan left practice early with a hamstring injury. Brandon Merriweather also hasn't been cleared to practice in team drills yet...could mean Doughty starting at SS :smh:

Last edited:
It's awesome he's on the team. I still miss him tho. 
frown.gif

GAMEDAY! Most hyped I've been for the preseason since '06

I can't wait.

Got my eye on Rambo/Amerson.

Personally, I think Rambo has the FS job on lock. I'm more curious to see how well Amerson is gonna play after being coached up by Rah over the past couple of months.

Obviously wanna see what all the Rookies can do, specifically Amerson and Jordan Reed.

Also, let's see how much progress Aldrich Robinson really has made (ie catching a pass thats not a fly route)

Personally, I think Hankerson is going to be the guy that we need to see the most improvement from.

Grant Paulsen said that Aldrick Robinson has been KILLING it in camp. No one can cover him. We need someone to emerge as a legit #2 WR behind Garcon. I would love for Hank to step up and take that spot....but maybe Robinson (despite his lack of size) will be that guy.

Last edited:
I'm actually fine with Morgan as the Starting WR along side Garcon.

He blocks well and can actually catch the passes over the middle.

The problem is we need more Gamebreakers cuz RGIII aint gonna be running all over the place like last year.

Hopefully Robinson, Reed, Fred, and Hank will provide those.

SIDENOTE: ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE WHITE BACKGROUND FROM MY AVY :smh: PAGING THEGIFT23

Last edited:
Hearing it's supposed to be a rainy one in Tennessee, praying for no injuries to either squad.

And I really wanna see Skye Dawson returning kicks/punts, dude has blazing speed from all the reports I've read on him. I'm not too big on letting Niles Paul/Richard Crawford handle the return duties...but they're both better than Brandon Banks so it could be worse.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/...514bc6-ff7e-11e2-9711-3708310f6f4d_story.html

"Thomas is a big hitter who has become increasingly assertive. If he continues to make a move during the preseason, Shanahan and Haslett might consider starting three rookies in the secondary, which hasn’t happened often. Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott was part of a group that had the experience.

Arguably the greatest defensive back in NFL history, Lott joined fellow rookies Eric Wright and Carlton Williamson as starters in San Francisco’s secondary in 1981. San Francisco had the NFL’s second-ranked defense and the team won the Super Bowl."

So merriweathers knee isn't doing too well. Hope it doesn't hurt us. Looks like we may have 3 rookies in the secondary.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/p...********-out-to-prove-nfc-east-title-no-fluke

"4. Position battles: Who is the fifth wide receiver? Aldrick Robinson and Dezmon Briscoe look like they are fighting it out. Who is the second tight end? Fred Davis is back and on top of his game for the No. 1 TE spot. Logan Paulsen is getting challenged by rookie Jordan Reed. Which running back is the solid No. 2 back behind Alfred Morris? Evan Royster and Roy Helu are in a good battle for the spot but keep an eye on Keiland Williams, who had a few explosive runs in practice.

5. Rookie report: The sign of a good team is the difficulty rookies have winning a starting job. That is quickly becoming the case with the ********. The Skins see Reed, the rookie tight end, as a flex player who can line up as a tight end, slot, wide receiver or wing. I expect more multiple tight end personnel groups like the 49ers use, especially in no-huddle situations. It looks like the club stole a player in the sixth round when it selected safety Bacarri Rambo. He is taking lots of first-team reps and will help the team with 'big nickel' packages. The same can be said for fourth-round safety Phillip Thomas .

7. Will the ******** run Alfred Morris hard again this season? I talked with Morris and he wants more work than last year when he carried the ball 335 times and caught 11 passes. Much of his success came from the read option run game, and it likely will again this year. Mike Shanahan wasn't afraid to run Terrell Davis 300-plus carry seasons in a row and the same will be true in Washington. Morris told me he has really worked on his route running and receiving skills, so figure him for 350 touches this season and 1,800 total yards."

:pimp:

:wow:

If Amerson, Rambo, & Thomas end up as starters. I don't know if I should be hyped or worried :lol: Secondary can't be much worse than last year....if there is a silver lining.

I can't believe it's already been 7 months since that Seahawks gm!! Time is flying way too fast! I hope Pat White can make the team over Rex.

Anyone watching the pregame show? Chick shut dude up quick! :lol: he was talking about the way cousins is playing he may take the starting qb spot. :lol: I'm probably one of the biggest cousins fans but that guy is trying to lose his job with a statement like that. 20 more min!

Back
Top Bottom