OFFICIAL 2014-2015 @miamiHEAT SEASON THREAD (31-36) : RILEY GOT DRAGIC....DISCOUNTED!!!!!

I agree with that for the most part, but Spo has gained my respect over the years. Tho I don't particularly like all his moves, I give him the benefit of the doubt most of the time

spo is not a great coach, hes a ok coach at best. he was never able to let a rookie grow and shine. but yeah i understand they move napier to D league, he doesnt have much potential. 

As fans I think that we often underestimate what it takes to be a good coach. I don't think we take into account everything that goes into the decision making process when it comes to the rotations and minutes... I don't think it is as whimsical as wanting one player to do better than the other. Contracts, experience, health, etc., you know we just don't know. It's ok if you don't like em', **** I ain't mad at cha'

Idk. I think he has the POTENTIAL to be pretty good. But potential is completely different from actually being able to put it all together

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

never knew why we let him go. whatever. heat looking to put us through a roller-coaster this year

Yea, it's about time to hold those two (rio/cole) accountable

For once it seemed as if we actually got a decent contribution from everyone playing, for gods sake we even got the living corpse of DANNY GRANGER to wake up and contribute multiple double digit scoring nights off the bench, not to mention the output of Birdman(of which I think Williams should still start over) and Hassan, who probably played his best game yesterday

Not sure if Tyler Johnson is the answer but I liked him before and willing to give him a try + he gives us a little more size at the PG position. Can't tell what he meant with that post but I got the sense that he was coming back sooner than later but he could mean coming back in the summer, Idk.

Regardless, I think it's clear that something should be done very soon

Least he gettin' minutes somewhere, I think Spo said he said that he should return after a few games but still

Larry Drew III doesn't look bad either, but that is the No-D-league

If he can learn to translate that poise and speed to the league he'll be serviceable. It's going to happen sooner than later I can feel it.

I actually don't have a problem with Napier's stints in the D-League. We as fans have to be patient. Spo is slowly bringing Napier along. He's currently not a better option than Chalmers or Cole so rather rot on the bench, he gets to cook in the D-League. He gets a better feel for the Heat's offense in a competitive environment. It's a win-win in my eyes.

As for the Heat's woes, its been a pattern as of late that we can not close out games on the 4th quarter. The 2nd half of most games have been terrible. There have been flashes of dominance, but when the other team goes on a run we start playing like utter crap.

I don't know if it's them being tired, a lack of confidence, or what... but they have shown they could compete, they just haven't learned to win on a consistent basis. Losing has become a habit for this Heat team.

The biggest upside is the rebounding of Whiteside and Birdman. We are no longer getting completely punked on the boards and I see light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to close games out.

Last edited:
^I think moreover, is the ineptitude to maintain a solid 3rd quarter.; which attributes to these woes remaining everpresent smh. We have to remain faithful and not waver from the process. I couldn't agree more.

^I think moreover, is the ineptitude to maintain a solid 3rd quarter.; which attributes to these woes remaining everpresent smh. We have to remain faithful and not waver from the process. I couldn't agree more.

Yea, we have a pretty good record when leading games going into the 4th quarter. I think we're like 15-2. So that just goes to show the Heat have made a habit coming out sluggish or unprepared in the third quarter.

If we clean up what we're doing in the third quarter, we'll win more games. Why are we losing in the 3rd quarter? Is it effort or is the coaching staff not making the proper adjustments for success? Is it the starting lineup?

I personally think its a combination of player effort and combined with the inability of the coaching staff to create a sense of urgency. The Heat seem to coast when they have a lead, but they are not talented enough to do that this season. They've developed some bad habits and we no longer have a high motor guy on this team to drive this team to victory.

Wade sometimes is too cool for school and gets sloppy with the ball down the stretch. Chalmers lacks the ball handling and play making skills. Cole also struggles to create down the stretch. To tekthemaestro tekthemaestro point. It's a catch 22 when it comes to Napier. He needs playing time becasue he's still learning the offense and how to play in the NBA. Napier naturally excels where Cole or Chalmers are weak, but he has proven to make rookie mistakes down the stretch. So the Heat are in a tough position.

Me personally, I'll ride the wave of Chalmers and Cole becasue I trust them more the Napeir at this point. So Napier is the odd man out for now, but it'll pay off in the end... I hope.

Yea, we have a pretty good record when leading games going into the 4th quarter. I think we're like 15-2. So that just goes to show the Heat have made a habit coming out sluggish or unprepared in the third quarter.

If we clean up what we're doing in the third quarter, we'll win more games. Why are we losing in the 3rd quarter? Is it effort or is the coaching staff not making the proper adjustments for success? Is it the starting lineup?

I personally think its a combination of player effort and combined with the inability of the coaching staff to create a sense of urgency. The Heat seem to coast when they have a lead, but they are not talented enough to do that this season. They've developed some bad habits and we no longer have a high motor guy on this team to drive this team to victory.

Wade sometimes is too cool for school and gets sloppy with the ball down the stretch. Chalmers lacks the ball handling and play making skills. Cole also struggles to create down the stretch. To @TEKtheMAESTRO point. It's a catch 22 when it comes to Napier. He needs playing time becasue he's still learning the offense and how to play in the NBA. Napier naturally excels where Cole or Chalmers are weak, but he has proven to make rookie mistakes down the stretch. So the Heat are in a tough position.

Me personally, I'll ride the wave of Chalmers and Cole becasue I trust them more the Napeir at this point. So Napier is the odd man out for now, but it'll pay off in the end... I hope.
i agree with all of your points except riding with cole and chalmers OVER napier. shabazz IS a rookie. so I can live with his mistakes because like u said he naturally excels at certain things better than the other two. HOWEVER, chalmers AND cole are still making rookie mistakes...and neither is a rookie. that is something i cant live with.

i would rather the rookie with higher potential make mistakes and learn to iron them out... than shelve the rookie and live with vets making rookie mistakes. cuz all that will do, is make sure that by the time shabazz comes back...hes never ironed out his kinks or learned what NOT to do. and that makes him mario chalmers 2.0. train em early and stop the mistakes.... or coddle them until its too late and they never break their bad habits. i say, let shabazz come in IN FRONT OF both chlmers and cole. we already saw how chalmers played when cole showed up. it lit a fire under him cuz he felt the pressure to perform. lets do it again, make him feel uncomfortable and put in work.

Last edited:
tekthemaestro tekthemaestro

Great points and I wouldn't even disagree with your thought process, but you gotta put things in context. The Heat organization are a reflection of Pat Riley and preach trust. Which means they would much rather put the ball in the hands of veterans. Rookies have to earn their spot. Shabazz shows promise, yes... but are you willing to put your job and your season in the hands of a rookie PG?

So the question remains... who can you trust in the NBA? I know our veterans have been making silly mistakes, but we've also seen them rise to the occasion.

Spo is accountable for these losses and can and will get fired if the team doesn't win. If he's gonna go down, he'll do it with the guys who helped bring him a championship. But that doesn't mean you completely dump Shabazz.

Shabazz is not shelved... he'll definitely get another shot. He'll have to earn it. He has to continue to work hard, improve, and when his number is called has to show out. He's go to be aggressive and not play so nonchalant. He's got to prove to the coaches they are not making a mistake by not playing him.

Chalmers actually started all 82 of his rookie season and obviously that didn't turn him into a powerhouse PG. So I actually like this approach they are taking with Shabazz. Bringing him a long slow. Making sure he develops in a controlled, yet competitive environment (i.e. D-League). He's running the exact same offense in the D-League, so its not like he's not getting anything from that experience.

Last edited:
Anyone see that we can be a good team but for some reason we aren't. It's very frustrating :smh:

Back
Top Bottom