OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

How would you guys rank these D/ST this week?

Seahawks @ SF
Giants @ Jac
Vikings vs. Car
Browns @ Buf
Rams vs. Oak
Bengals @ TB

I currently own the Seahawks but I don't want to start them this week. Thinking about going with Giants then Browns then Vikings. Thoughts?
Rams

Giants

Seahawks

Bengals

Browns

Vikings

Bump Seattle up if they end up being favored before kickoff.

Don't fall into the trap game picking Giants D/ST vs Jags.
D/STs playing the Jags this year have averaged 14 fantasy points per game. The #1 overall D/ST (Eagles) has averaged 11 points. There have only been 2 single digit games against the Jags (7 and 8 points). And it's not like they've played nothing but elite defenses. I'm gonna go with the odds and play the Giants. Bad D or not.

Last edited:
Not if wavier rules are in effect. If you drop somebody on Weds in one of my leagues, the player isn't available to add until Friday. All it takes is the team ahead of you to put in a claim for that player and your whole plan is ruined
laugh.gif
those waiver rules dont apply 

Am I going to regret starting Eli at Jacksonville over Rivers at Baltimore? I don't trust Rivers basically at all anymore. And I've already clinched my division and a first round bye but this would be for the #1 seed.

im looking for a defense to start instead of Detroit this week

all thats left is these so so - crappy ones:
Bears
Panthers
Saints
jets
Skins
Benglas
Browns
Bucs
Giants
Chargers
vikings

D/STs playing the Jags this year have averaged 14 fantasy points per game. The #1 overall D/ST (Eagles) has averaged 11 points. There have only been 2 single digit games against the Jags (7 and 8 points). And it's not like they've played nothing but elite defenses. I'm gonna go with the odds and play the Giants. Bad D or not.

giants defense is trash overall though

That's the point I'm making, the Giants D is trash don't fall for the "oh they're playing the Jags" BS. The Giants giving up 30.5 PPG over their last 6 games and have the worst Run D in the league along with allowing almost 400 total YPG. If you're going with the odds, then law of averages come in to play which means the Jags are due for a decent game, especially at home vs 3-8 team that doesn't have much to play for.

All I'm saying is this matchup isn't a layup just because it's the Jags, take into consideration that Giants just aren't a good at all this year.

That's the point I'm making, the Giants D is trash don't fall for the "oh they're playing the Jags" BS. The Giants giving up 30.5 PPG over their last 6 games and have the worst Run D in the league along with allowing almost 400 total YPG. If you're going with the odds, then law of averages come in to play which means the Jags are due for a decent game, especially at home vs 3-8 team that doesn't have much to play for.

All I'm saying is this matchup isn't a layup just because it's the Jags, take into consideration that Giants just aren't a good at all this year.
I don't think that's how the law of averages works.. And I'm saying the matchup IS a layup because it's the Jags :lol:. They've been terrible against fantasy D/STs all year, whether or not the defense was good or bad in real life. Who knows though. We'll find out who was right come Sunday.

Last edited:
All these dudes in my league are hoarding 2-3 Defenses, I'm stuck here going week by week, I had the Cards but dropped them going against Seattle 
mean.gif
 gonna roll with the Rams D against Oakland if I can pick them up

All these dudes in my league are hoarding 2-3 Defenses, I'm stuck here going week by week, I had the Cards but dropped them going against Seattle :smh:  gonna roll with the Rams D against Oakland if I can pick them up
I always hoard my D/STs for the playoffs since me and a few guys stream them. Gotta have a leg up, don't wanna be stuck streaming a bad matchup. I started my hoarding last week :lol:. Had the Chargers for last week, the Giants for this week, and the Ravens for week 15. The Jags play the Texans in week 14 but someone already owns them so I'm gonna have to go with someone else :lol:. Gonna go over my options in a little bit and then put my claim in, dropping the Chargers.

Last edited:

I don't think that's how the law of averages works.. And I'm saying the matchup IS a layup because it's the Jags :lol:. They've been terrible against fantasy D/STs all year, whether or not the defense was good or bad in real life. Who knows though. We'll find out who was right come Sunday.

Giants D won't crack double digit fantasy pts, that's my story and I'm sticking to it :lol: .. hit me up on Sunday so we can revisit this.

^ All it takes is one of Bortles' signature pick-sixes and a double digit score is pretty much solidified :lol:. But nah, I'll agree that them getting double digits might be kinda tough, but if they can get me 7+ I'm fine with that.

Last edited:
I think i'm stick with the Cardinals D/ST this week. I usually stream but I've played them the past month and they haven't put up less than an 11.

I'm expecting 7-9 pts vs a decent ATL offense.

Been holding the Colts (11/12), Ravens (11/5), and Lions D (11/6) for a while now. Was initially gonna drop Indy after the Jags game but I might just roll with all 3 ROS.

Week 13 - Colts vs Washington

Week 14 - Lions vs Tampa Bay

Week 15 - Ravens vs Jacksonville

Week 16 - Lions @ Chicago

Last edited:
With my miraculous comeback last night thanks to Forsett and winning by .5 points, i'm tied for the final playoff spot in a 12 team league, but losing because of total points. have 2 more weeks to try to get that spot, hopefully Josh Gordon came back just in time for me to make that push

Back
Top Bottom