OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

I might draft Teddy Football next year. Something like a late round value pick. Could be a sleeper if AP comes back and Cordarelle learns how to run routes.

I took Luck in the 4th this year and I loved every week of it. I'm gonna go into next year with a new strategy tho.

I'm gonna go with Romo, Russ, Big Ben in the later rounds and stack my RB's & WR's in the early rounds. It's great having the security of a star QB, but I'd rather have 2 great RB's & WR's.

thats what i did this year and took brady late. wouldnt mind doing that again next year and following your logic. can't wait :lol:

I took Luck in the 4th this year and I loved every week of it. I'm gonna go into next year with a new strategy tho.

I'm gonna go with Romo, Russ, Big Ben in the later rounds and stack my RB's & WR's in the early rounds. It's great having the security of a star QB, but I'd rather have 2 great RB's & WR's.
yeah im goin with the same strategy i saw first hand how well dudes in my league that did this had consistency. You can get by with streaming qb's or mediocre qb's

Unless you're in a league where dudes draft multiple backup QBs, you're better off drafting a solid mid round QB with upside. Aside from the top 3-4, QBs are a dime a dozen. Imo it's imperative to secure 2 solid, consistent RBs and WRs in the early rounds (moreso RBs; there are far more breakout WRs each year) rather than a top flight QB.

Wait until the 5th-7th round to draft a QB and stack your RBs and WRs in the meantime (and maybe Gronk). And don't draft a backup QB. For the most part that's a wasted roster spot. There will always be viable starters on the waiver wire. Unless of course you're in a league where dudes draft and roster 2-3 QBs per team (and I'm in one of those leagues :lol:).

Last edited:
Yup did the same thing this year. Drafted Romo in the 5th round. Drafted Charles, B. Marsh, then Ellington. Messed up with the last two of course... :smh:

Yahoo Stat Corrections almost ruined my weekend. Luckily I had the defense who got the blocked kick (new England Patriots) .. Like how the heck do you miss a Blocked kick! If it were the other way around that's a L and no $$...

Do you own Brees? If not you don't know the frustration and reasoning why i even question it

I've had Brees and I can attest to your frustration. Had him when he threw 20 INTS .. So annoyed.
Anyhoo, I'd pick Brees. Tannehill did struggle against the Jets earlier, and the Jets did play an overall okay game against the Patriots.. Go with Brees.. But, if he fails, don't be surprised as well lol..

Alex Smith is out
S. Jax is out (Davonta Freeeman is a good pick up)

Gurley is heading for NFL (surprise ... Not)

Last edited:
I've had Brees and I can attest to your frustration. Had him when he threw 20 INTS .. So annoyed.
Anyhoo, I'd pick Brees. Tannehill did struggle against the Jets earlier, and the Jets did play an overall okay game against the Patriots.. Go with Brees.. But, if he fails, don't be surprised as well lol..
Yeah I just peeped tanny's stat line vs the jets last time :smh:

My other QB is Ben but I highly doubt he torches Cincy like he did last time

Yeah I just peeped tanny's stat line vs the jets last time :smh:

My other QB is Ben but I highly doubt he torches Cincy like he did last time
Don't you have Teddy?? Bears passing defense is horrid, he could be a big time play... Him or brees I'd go with.

First time champion in my 12 man standard league :] Truly blessed. Demarco and Dez, HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS.

mjcry1.png

Back
Top Bottom