OFFICIAL 2014 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

i think in one instances the waiver loss is like a 9th rounder? I'm not sure, i never did a keeper league for football.
If it was a 9th rounder lost could you argue to keep Beckham instead of the guys I listed?

I've never done a keeper either, I'm pretty sure we're going to try it for the first time next year.. seems interesting 

Last edited:
idk maybe someone with more experience could assist you. i'd lean toward keeping odb for value since u know someone would be desperate and draft him in the 2nd or 3rd round if u let him go, but the same could be said if u let julio go. its interesting for sure.

Last edited:
On ODB and Murray, it really just depends who is available.

If there are other RBs you could snag in the second round, I'd keep ODB.

If there are no other RBs available, you have to keep Murray.

ODB's value would do you no good if you're left without a top tier RB.

In my league you don't give up your draft pick for keepers, this will be my second year keeping Lynch and Demarco. Just used all my pickups on Bridgewater, Dallas defense and Luke Willson

Yeah, I'm not a fan of keeper leagues either.

I'd rather start fresh every year than deal with a limited draft pool.

I was shocked I won our 16 team league.

Congrats to Champ to winning our Keeper League, back to back too :pimp: I really thought I had a chance, sat Lamar and Witten :smh: think that would have given me the W. But I beat him in our NT NHL league so some sort of revenge :lol:

One chip, two second place finishes, one fourth (out of twelve) and one pending semifinal. A successful fantasy year :pimp:

what do you lose for keeping them? I'd lean ODB if I'm losing a later pick.
I'm pretty sure you lose the round that you drafted that player in

For me:

Lacy-1
D. Thomas-2
Julio-3

ODB picked up in free agency, so how would that work?

i picked up odb in free agency too for my money keeper league. This is my only keeper league I've ever join so I'm sure other keeper leagues are different. In my keeper league lets say odb is projected as a 2rd rounder two day before we draft next year. 18th rd (since i got him on free agency) + 2nd rd (2015 projection) /2 = 10 rounder it would cost me to keep him

we are allow to keep 3 players. one player per position. Unless something happens to ODB, I'm easily keeping ODB over Julio who I've kept over the past 3 years. If I keep Julio I would probably lose a 2nd or 3rd rounder

on a side note, I'm in 2/3 championship money league this week...$1200 winner take all in both leagues. I like my chances :pimp:

Championship game vs my best friend this week, should be interesting, started the season 1-4, finished 9-5 currently on a 8 game win streak and hopefully that continues :pimp: .. shout out to Jeremy Hill.

Up 13 pts in the NT 20 team league, hopefully I can hold on to this lead.

Finished in 3rd place in another league, took home $100 so I can't be too mad at that.

championship this week against my old juco teammate (highest scoring team in the league) :rolleyes

gonna need all hands on deck ( hopefully Seattle and Dallas rest Lynch and Murray :D )

^Lol Lynch is about to go off next week

Especially with home field advantage thru the playoffs at stake.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let me live my dream

lol even if true .. well that's 50% better than facing him and Murray for the ship.

Last edited:
Forgot to post that I won my championship. My last time to win was 2006 when Larry Johnson went bonkers. I'm thankful for the NT board feedback and advice.

I barely made the playoffs this year, despite losing 3 of the last 4 regular season games, but DOMINATED all 3 playoff games.

My team peaked at the right time:

Cam, Eli, TY, Demaryius, OBJ, Cobb, Joique, Gio, Kelce, Pats/Vikings

A merry Xmas to all...

We do at most 2 keepers, if you do less you draft first in that spot (so basically one is a first round pick and the other is a second round pick)

Just some tidbits from reviewing the year, finally my fantasy strategy worked

- had the highest point total (average per week and total) for the RB position. My keepers were Lynch and Lacy, drafted Ingram as well and those were the work horses all year. Mixed in Blount and Gore. But I go RB first and foremost and always stock the position
- I streamed defense week to week and ended up with the most points per game in that position as well. So I'm never going to draft a D
- I used 8 different QBs. Was not the top scorer per week but above average. My top two QBs were drafted late (Stafford) or picked up off waivers (Romo)
- my final strategy is picking up WRs with good QBs. No WRs from Wash, NYJ, Buff, Cleveland, etc

Last edited:
We do two keepers and you don't have to lose a draft pick or anything when you keep them. So who would you keep out of Julio and Beckham? You can't keep two of the same position so my other is Shady.

^ I'd probably go Julio. Don't wanna say ODB's season was a fluke; he's a great player, but I can't see him repeating this next year. At least with Julio you know he's been consistent over the past few years.

Now if it was a keeper format where you lose a certain draft pick for where the player was taken, ODB would be the no-brainer keeper.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I'm gonna stick with Julio just because of consistency alone.

Because of the depth some of us in our league had at WR there's gonna be a whole bunch of really good ones available.

Antonio Brown, Jordy, Beckham, Cobb, Sanders, Josh Gordon, TY, Mike Evans, Kelvin, Watkins....

Only one 1 chip this year but lost my $$$ league 
mean.gif

I'll take victories where I can get them though 
smokin.gif

Drafted team: 

QB: Russell Wilson, Tony Romo (1 Starter)

RB: Matt Forte, CJ Spiller

WR: Percy Harvin, AJ Green

TE: Jordan Cameron

Flex: Torrey Smith

D: Bengals

K: Phil Dawson

BN: Decker, FJax, Woodhead, Gates, Cooks, Hakeem Nicks

Finishing roster:

QB: Romo, Russy

RB: Forte, CJ Anderson

WR: AJ Green, ODB

TE: Gates

Flex: Mike Evans

D: Pats

K: Matt Bryant

BN: Percy, Jordan Cameron, Decker, FJax, Torrey Smith, Dolphins' D

Any ideas which teams are gonna rest their starters? I'm assuming the Pats, maybe the Colts?

2nd week of my superbowl coming up this week.  standard league.

Should i use Dallas D vs Washington, or Cardinals D vs San Fran?

Back
Top Bottom