OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Not impressed or even really happy with this win... anyone who is needs to chill. My stream was a bit broken but the offense looked awful for most of the game. Bad offensive play calling as well.

Our defense saved us, no doubt. But I still feel as if we've lightweight committed to the run game. Although I do think we did a better job of getting the ball out of Tanne's hands quicker in the second half

Not impressed or even really happy with this win... anyone who is needs to chill. My stream was a bit broken but the offense looked awful for most of the game. Bad offensive play calling as well.

Same. The pick six's were exciting, but nothing on offense was impressive. The pick in the endzone, what is that idiot Philbin doing allowing a pass on 1st and goal? RUN THE #^@^@&$#& FOOTBALL MAN. Lazor ought to be ashamed with that playcall selection.

Then you have the missed TD to Clay in the endzone. A throw that needs to be made and completed. Hartline dropping passes left and right. Pouncey getting whipped around. Colledge looking like a JV player. Just not what you want to see against a 1-7 football team. Philbin didn't have this team prepared AGAIN.

Defense was a godsend but .... gotta win in whichever way we can. Not a sharp performance for Tanney at all.

Any way we can place Matthews or Gibson in the other starting spot? Keep Landry in the slot. Both have to be upgrades over Brian 'trippin' Hartline out there.

Why replacement hartline? Cause he had two drops last game? He hasn't been getting thrown to and The past two years has been our leading receiver

Same. The pick six's were exciting, but nothing on offense was impressive. The pick in the endzone, what is that idiot Philbin doing allowing a pass on 1st and goal? RUN THE #^@^@&$#& FOOTBALL MAN. Lazor ought to be ashamed with that playcall selection.

Then you have the missed TD to Clay in the endzone. A throw that needs to be made and completed. Hartline dropping passes left and right. Pouncey getting whipped around. Colledge looking like a JV player. Just not what you want to see against a 1-7 football team. Philbin didn't have this team prepared AGAIN.

[COLOR=#red]Agree with this... That 1st and Goal man... why throw it? Top 4 rushing team before yesterday... more throwing. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Reading all the twitter beat writers.... found this shocking as Omar buries Dolphins QBs a much as he can. I agree to a degree... he still held the ball too god damn long. Throw it away, step up in the pocket, RUN now that you're allowed to... 0 reason to take maybe half of those sacks. A few were inescapable. [/COLOR]

@OmarKelly · 3h 3 hours ago

I can't even blame Ryan Tannehill for any of the issues in the first half. Daryn Colledge & the mistakes didn't even give him a chance.

@OmarKelly · 3h 3 hours ago

I can't even blame Ryan Tannehill for any of the issues in the first half. Daryn Colledge & the mistakes didn't even give him a chance.

about time he got a clue

Why replacement hartline? Cause he had two drops last game? He hasn't been getting thrown to and The past two years has been our leading receiver

You have to be kidding me? Put the homer shades down. He doesn't fit this offense at all. He will be gone in the offseason if he isn't traded. He literally does not help in the passing game at all. He had three drops yesterday. He slips and falls down on every other catch. His YAC is the worst on the team, and one of the worst in the league for a starting WR. He is slow, can't catch, and doesn't go across the middle. What value does he add to the football team? ESPECIALLY at the clip he's being paid. Get him out of here.

There are guys in this league being paid a fraction of what he makes, to produce more. Those 1000 yard seasons are fool's gold. Don't forget, the targets stat is misleading if he cannot create separation.

Last edited:
Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington · Oct 20
Ryan Tannehill’s 14 straight completions to start Sunday’s game are tied for most of any QB in last 5 years — and he’s done it twice in '14.

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington · Oct 20
Tannehill is just 3rd player in @nfl history with 275+ passing yards, completion percentage of 78.0+ and 45+ rushing yards in a single game.

Tanne with 3 straight games with a 30 yard run, only other QB to pull that off, Mike Vick.
(heard this somewhere, not sure how true)

You have to be kidding me? Put the homer shades down. He doesn't fit this offense at all. He will be gone in the offseason if he isn't traded. He literally does not help in the passing game at all. He had three drops yesterday. He slips and falls down on every other catch. His YAC is the worst on the team, and one of the worst in the league for a starting WR. He is slow, can't catch, and doesn't go across the middle. What value does he add to the football team? ESPECIALLY at the clip he's being paid. Get him out of here.

There are guys in this league being paid a fraction of what he makes, to produce more. Those 1000 yard seasons are fool's gold. Don't forget, the targets stat is misleading if he cannot create separation.

Slow And can't catch yet has back to back 1000 yard seasons?

Slow And can't catch yet has back to back 1000 yard seasons?

First of all, he was never a game breaking WR. In a league where speed and vertical are creating dynamic offenses, why are you bringing up some fringe 1000 yard seasons? What did they lead to?

Next, we're talking about now. Low production, high pay, and plenty of drops. He now has more drops this season than all of last.

I would like to see Matthews and Gibson get those opportunities. We may finally stretch the field, who knows. Hartline struggles to produce separation or yards after catch.

Fully agree with all of that. Brian is a power run, play action 8-15 yard possession receiver. He's just not made for this offense. Would like Matthews and Gibson to get the reps as well.

Hartline is serviceable. But drops from Hartline is something that he cannot do. He is a possession receiver, who should excell at route running, but his best route (the comeback), has been highlighted in his scouting report. He's not going across the middle, and he doesn't create separation on his routes. He better step it up, because his production as of late has been poor.

Last edited:
Fully agree with all of that. Brian is a power run, play action 8-15 yard possession receiver. He's just not made for this offense. Would like Matthews and Gibson to get the reps as well.

Right. Perfect for a Chad Pennington, dink and dunk offense. He would've done great on that 2008 team.

Shouldn't be in the plans going forward. Landry looks like a steal of a draft pick. Build on speed and playmakers going forward. We don't need anymore Davone Bess/Camarillo/Hartline WR's

Here is the situation as of today

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

If the season ended today:

AFC
------
1 Seed: Broncos
2 Seed: Patriots
3 Seed: Bengals
4 Seed: Colts
5 Seed: Chargers
6 Seed: Bills

In the Hunt:
7 Seed: Ravens
8 Seed: Steelers
9 Seed: Chiefs
10 Seed: Dolphins

The Dolphins situation:

Dolphins will lose a head to head tiebreaker to the Chiefs and Bills (at this point)
Dolphins yet to play games vs 5 potential AFC playoff teams: Ravens, Chargers, Bills, Patriots, Broncos
Dolphins are only a game behind every team except for the Patriots and Broncos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom