OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Honest question, let's say this team went 9-7, do you think Philbin keeps his job?

Depends on playoffs I'd imagine.

Bottom line, he has cost us wins the last two years. The Buffalo game last year, the TB game, the Carolina game, and the GB game this year.

That's a lot of losses on one coach for being inept.

Too bad Buffalo was let off the hook, we're still in 3rd place. :smh:

Gotta beat Jax, move to 4-3. Solid W on the road this week, still not happy this team could not score much after receiving gifts (Wake sack strip, Rosario fumble, etc.) like last week (Landry KO return, blocked punt). Must take advantage of these mistakes to be a top team.

I'm guessing Dion returns next week?

I think you guys are the best team in the division. I still don't think much of the Pats even though they have been better lately. If you look at their schedule, it is loaded from here on out, lots of touch games, I could easily see them finishing 8-8 to 9-7. Going to be an interesting race the rest of the way.

I think you guys are the best team in the division. I still don't think much of the Pats even though they have been better lately. If you look at their schedule, it is loaded from here on out, lots of touch games, I could easily see them finishing 8-8 to 9-7. Going to be an interesting race the rest of the way.

Ironically, talent wise, I was starting to lean that way.

Couple weeks ago, I was looking at us being in the hunt, and still getting Misi, Moreno, Jones, Jordan, Pouncey back. That had me really surprised at our "depth" that we could survive without all those pieces.

But our coaching has been abysmal. Absolutely, terrible. And they never put those players in the right spots.

Maybe, MAYBE, they can start to overcome some of that. Landry is getting stronger, Miller has been improving, Tanne has been lights out 10 of the last 12 quarters, Jones looks great in his 2 games, Cam/Vernon is a nightmare for everyone, Jenkins has been a huge boost, the Oline is much improved, so now, can Philbin get his head out of his *** like Garrett, or will he bury us again?

We'll see.

Ironically, talent wise, I was starting to lean that way.

Couple weeks ago, I was looking at us being in the hunt, and still getting Misi, Moreno, Jones, Jordan, Pouncey back. That had me really surprised at our "depth" that we could survive without all those pieces.

But our coaching has been abysmal. Absolutely, terrible. And they never put those players in the right spots.

Maybe, MAYBE, they can start to overcome some of that. Landry is getting stronger, Miller has been improving, Tanne has been lights out 10 of the last 12 quarters, Jones looks great in his 2 games, Cam/Vernon is a nightmare for everyone, Jenkins has been a huge boost, the Oline is much improved, so now, can Philbin get his head out of his *** like Garrett, or will he bury us again?

We'll see.

Then you have Shelby playing well, Finnegan recovered from the Packers game, Clay stepped up and produced big time, etc.

Anyone have any analysis on Pouncey since his return?

Last edited:
The protection for Tanne has stepped up. And I would credit Bill Lazor with a lot of that. His off-balance play calling has been phenomenal, especially within the last game. Getting Tannehill out of the pocket >*, I just wish young Tanne would learn to slide.

The read-option screen>*

I just want to see more straight up lining up and pounding the football. The read option look has saved our offense, but we have to get back to the square up and pound the football game too.

That's where I was getting at, we saw a whole lotta Daniel Thomas in this last game, compared to what I expected with a 30 carry Lamar Miller game. Run the ball this week against the Jags, Posluszny is now out for the season with a torn pec.

@OmarKelly

Joe Philbin said Philip Wheeler is playing in the nickel as opposed to Jason Trusnik because "a coaching decision."

Gee No Sh-t. Forgot to add "Horrible" before that though...
Honest question, let's say this team went 9-7, do you think Philbin keeps his job?

Depends on playoffs I'd imagine.

Bottom line, he has cost us wins the last two years. The Buffalo game last year, the TB game, the Carolina game, and the GB game this year.

That's a lot of losses on one coach for being inept.
[COLOR=#red]
Don't forget the Chiefs and Packers game this year.[/COLOR]

Miami makes me nervous. We have a weird way of playing down on competition. Blake is a young QB, but we'll make him look like a young Elway. I hope they come out and dominate in every phase of the game. Keep Denard Robinson in check, and hit Blake right in the mouth.

If we screw up vs the Jags, like Tampa last year, Joe better not even get on the plane. :smh:

This needs to be like the Oakland game.

[COLOR=#red]Looks like Misi will be out again, same ankle... Trusnik to start.[/COLOR]

Why do we do this against terrible teams like this? Teams like this and the bills completely out play us and our Offense does absolutely nothing.

they're not as bad as they look. they've been playing much better lately, and their defense has been a force lately. your offensively line can't protect :smh:

they're not as bad as they look. they've been playing much better lately, and their defense has been a force lately. your offensively line can't protect :smh:

Yup. Our oline gets completely man handeled and that stops out offense. Ryan has no time to throw and eveyy time he drops back it looks like a sack. Same way it does when we play the bills.

tannehill brings in 2 backs to block. 7 blockers, 3 man route, STILL GETS SACKED. FIX THE DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE

Back
Top Bottom