OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

UPON FURTHER REVIEW

After the controversy he created by refusing to endorse Ryan Tannehill as a starter before a Week 4 game against Oakland, Philbin probably will refrain from offering any more pointed critiques of his third-year quarterback. So I'll say it: The Dolphins won't consistently win until they get less erratic play from under center.

Tannehill's performance last week against Green Bay was maddening. He tossed two interceptions while posting a first-half quarterback rating of 26.0. The first turnover stemmed from a recurring Tannehill problem in which he locks on to his receiver rather than looking off coverage and/or failing to go through his progressions. Packers cornerback Casey Hayward caught Tannehill staring down Jarvis Landry from the snap and stepped in front of the Dolphins rookie for the pick. The second interception reflected Tannehill's ongoing difficulties in throwing deep. Tannehill misfired on a heave to wideout Brian Hartine that FOX game analyst John Lynch astutely lamented "should not be thrown." Hartline was smothered in coverage by Packers cornerback Sam Shields, who notched the interception. Tannehill also failed to see when Hartline was wide open on another play for what could have proven a huge gain, instead throwing an incompletion to Landry.

The second half was completely different. Tannehill had a 40-yard run on the second play of the third quarter, displaying the kind of athleticism that isn't exploited enough by Dolphins coaches. He completed 10 of his first 11 passes for 132 yards with two touchdowns. Tannehill even looked like Brett Favre on two plays, spinning out of Packers pressure to hit Mike Wallace for a 25-yard gain and later beating the blitz by backpedaling and throwing off his back foot for an 11-yard score to Landry.

I'm not expecting Tannehill to play like Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, a future Hall of Famer whose 2-minute drive to win the game was a thing of beauty. But after 37 career starts, Tannehill must stop making the same fundamental mistakes over and over if he's ever to become a franchise quarterback and for Philbin to keep his job beyond this season. Performances like the one against Green Bay make me wonder if either will happen.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...e-milliner-knowshon-moreno-jets-giants-101414

:nerd: :smokin That's my QB!

Tho he hasn't done anything wrong yet. Why is Thomas getting more snaps then Miller right now?

sick.gif
mean.gif

went to falcons game vs bears last sun

so 2nd week in a row having to watch them 
sick.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
hey look, they gave tannehill time, and look how many progressions he went through, before making that beautiful throw to the corner. funny how that works

Had a chance to push the lead there. Even tho were up two scores we've blown two Chances to increase our lead. Let's hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the end

Back to back chances to pretty much put the game away.

Sturgis is a bum. Was last year and showing he still is now.

Back
Top Bottom