OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

Well....."technically" if Albert is back at LT, and James at RT, that's ok.

Also, Nate Garner was out, had he not been sick, maybe he plays as 3rd OT.

Also, Billy Turner next year could help at OG. Same as Jordan Tripp and Chris McCain at LB. Kind of like Jenkins and Sims developing this year.

Albert
Turner
Satele
Pouncey
James

Garner/Shelley Smith/Dallas as 3 backups.

If healthy, that's workable. James and Turner could still get better as they play more too. Like I said, maybe add 1 OG and drop Dallas.

Flip side to what I said is go ALL O in draft, OG, RB, big WR/TE, OT and then patch holes on Def. Extra CB, extra DL, hope McCain, Aiken, Taylor, Davis, Tripp make big jump going into season + 4 more games of Reshad Jones.

*shrugs*

Point is, blow up staff, no need blow up roster. Simply improve depth/pieces on both sides.

|I I just knew this was the year we'd finally see a step forward. Very, very disappointing that we're gonna miss the playoffs again. Every year we see Brady, Manning, Flacco, Big Ben, and now Luck in the AFC playoffs

I'm bowing out of fins talk til 2015, hopefully the owner wises up and grabs a worthy head coach with a competent staff. Kevin Coyle couldn't coach a Pro bowl roster against the play 60 kids

Yea there's a chance with Ross' deep pocketbook and Michigan ties... but I think Mrs. Harbaugh is a west coast woman. Also seems the Raiders are willing to give away draft picks to get him. So it seems less likely now...

please move billy turner into the line up at a guard spot young boy is ready to eat

FIRE. THIS. COACH. NOW

Offseason wishlist

Fire the Tin Man
Hire Harbaugh
Sign Adrian Peterson
To Be Continued.........

Last edited:
Frank Gore, might as well sign Santana Moss while your at it :lol:

Blowing your team up is stupid, if this team had a worthwhile coach it would have been in the playoffs this year.

Yeah, no.

We don't have a need for Santana Moss.

Frank Gore >>>>>>>>> Daniel Thomas. Understand?
He spells Miller, ties to the area, good locker room leader, and can help with short yardage/pass pro better than DT. And shouldn't be expensive.

Short term fill as they try to make a run next year with other vets like Wake/Grimes that will be gone soon.

Pretty funny to see Odrick blasting Philbin on the sidelines. Idk if anyone else is following but evidently Odrick told Philbin to "get the #%^#@^ out of here" and "every week!", among other things.

Speaking of Odrick, we drafted him instead of guys like Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, and Demaryius Thomas.

Something I thought about overnight now that we're basically approaching Draft Mode.

Dallas defense is buns. But they fight and survive.

Their "come up" this year, to 9-4 is from their rebuilt Oline. They took OG Zach Martin, along with their other 3-4 good OL guys, and suddenly Murray is a beast, they control the clock, Romo does just enough, Witten, Dez, etc.

We got Albert. We drafted James, who turns out to be pretty good. We have Billy Turner developing (red-shirting so to speak) and we have Pouncey.

Say we go with either OG or a C in the 15-20 range again this year. Someone like Cameron Erving who played LT at Florida State, before switching to Center. (versatile)
Or we take AJ Cann, OG from South Carolina.
Or Lael Collins, OT from LSU, move him to OG, and Pouncey back to Center.

Albert
Turner
Pouncey
1st round pick
James

As our O-line.

Suddenly, Lamar Miller has more room to run. Ryan Tannehill has more time to throw (or run). Charles Clay (Witten) Wallace/Landry (Dez) Control the clock. Longer drives. Eat more time. Keep the defense off the field, fresh.

The defense isn't good for long periods of time, but if they play in spurts, more rest, less time to be dissected, they DO have playmakers. Wake, Grimes, Vernon, Jenkins, Reshad, Jordan, they have guys that can create havoc, but maybe not for 35-40 minutes of gametime on the field.

Run the ball better, control the clock more, get the defense on the field for 26-30 minutes instead of 35, maybe they make more plays/fewer mistakes.

And we can still grab a Gore, or another pick in the draft to get Miller added insurance at RB. This year is deep as hell at RB. Check it out

Gurley
Gordon
Abullah
Duke
Yeldon
Coleman
Davis
Langford
Karlos Williams
Cobb

I mean, just pick one, next to Miller, with a completely overhaulded, solid Oline, and at least a halfway decent QB in Ryan, with Landry, Clay , Wallace outside, they could run pretty good. Wallace keeps the safeties back, if they come up, THEN, you can finally start to throw over the top and take chances on some deep balls, despite not being great at it (yet). (weird as hell that Sherman took more deep chances than Lazor does)

OG/RB and big target red zone guy in the draft, we might not have to fix the defense (much) just keep them off the field with the offense. Dallas was suppose to have the worst D ever, and they survive, cuz the offense controls the clock every week. We could do something similar, and maybe we get lucky.

[COLOR=#red]To me, those are little things... I would switch Clay with Sims for a couple reasons. Would like to draft a bigger TE but not a big priority. (quickly, small for a seam buster Gronk/Kelce type. now injury prone.) Play Clay in the slot for the LB mismatch.

Also, I would look for a Guard, put Pouncey back to center. He is playing OK at Guard, was an All Pro at Center. He can still pull from Center as well as lock it down against Nose Tackles as he has done before. The Satele project worked fine until the lineman got bigger. The line just blew up this year and it's a need.

I like your optimism with the line, but as I said before the siginig, Albert will get hurt. He sure enough did... Next year... He will get hurt. Free Agency they need to address that with depth. James obviously can do the job at LT/RT, but there is no Tackle depth beyond him. Garner chokes, Thomas isn't an NFL Tackle. He's a guard.

I just think there is more work than just a piece to plug from the draft. Also, what round would you look to that?

My first three picks, I would look for CB, Big Run Stopping DT, Safety... so 4th round you would look for, essentially, another red shirt player. (going on the fact Philbin hasn't been fired yet). Pretty sure we all think he will be at the end of this season though. But, for now, 3rd round and beyond it seems is the red shirt players. Minus the third overall pick in the draft... who is still playing DE... and it's not even close to working. Coyle has No Clue how to use him.

You don't need to touch the LBs in the draft imo... Jenkins, Misi, Tripp, Jordan, McCain, Trusnik, Freeney. Not too bad imo. Taylor, Grimes are solid and need that CB opposite Grimes. Delmas is hurt, again, need a safety opposite Jones.

Again, draft I go those three, then address offensive line with the rest of my draft. Possibly get another WR/RB for fire power but I like the core... Matthews needs MORE run by far. Over Gibson and Hartline imo. But a lot of depth there. Would look at RB, would rather have a Vet (Gore) though. If, somehow, Gurley drops because of the injury, to say the 5th... would instantly take him.

Just my initial thoughts... but yes I'm in off season mode as well. Start with Coaching (fire/hire). Free agency for pieces not starters. Draft.... we'll see gents.

To summarize... it all starts with coaching. Had the Dolphins be given better coaches they would have won 4 more games, possibly 5 with KC, with the current players on staff. Coaching is the biggest problem this team has before the pieces are even put into place. [/COLOR]

I said on Twitter yesterday, if John Harbaugh coaches us, and Philbin coaches Baltimore, we win yesterday.

And that pisses me off. :smh:

How many ******* times do you need to see Ryan get railed from the same side before you do something? I mean, **** man. Put a TE over there, put Jason Fox in there, something, anything. Nope, just runs the same ol **** out there play after play, and play after play Dumerville was crushing our QB. :smh:

[COLOR=#red]I've said that for weeks... it is the definition of insanity.

I really don't understand the logic at all. Doubt there is any, just a man sticking to his guns shooting blanks.[/COLOR]

I said on Twitter yesterday, if John Harbaugh coaches us, and Philbin coaches Baltimore, we win yesterday.

And that pisses me off. :smh:

How many ******* times do you need to see Ryan get railed from the same side before you do something? I mean, **** man. Put a TE over there, put Jason Fox in there, something, anything. Nope, just runs the same ol **** out there play after play, and play after play Dumerville was crushing our QB. :smh:

He's honestly one of the worst head coaches I've ever seen. Folks, there is a reason McCarthy called the plays in Green Bay. Philbin was nothing but a figurehead idiot who doesn't have an ounce of coaching blood in him. Bad hire.

Joe Philbin

Both the Chiefs and Dolphins did a lot to sink their own playoff chances yesterday, but the frustration in Miami is clearly starting to bubble up. The Dolphins have looked like one of the better teams in football at times this year, and the numbers point to that as well. Miami ranked sixth in overall DVOA coming into this week, but with its loss to Baltimore, it’s very likely to miss out on the playoffs.

Considering all the talent it boasts, there are a couple of ways of looking at Miami’s middling record. The first: The Dolphins played a horrific schedule and have lost to plenty of other teams on the cusp of the playoffs. The second: Joe Philbin and his staff have failed to get the most out of the roster. The circumstantial first explanation is probably more likely, but yesterday wasn’t the first time the Dolphins have expressed displeasure with the coaching staff. Players on Miami’s defense were reportedly fuming about the game plan in the loss to Kansas City, and Philbin got into a tiff with defensive tackle Jared Odrick on the sideline yesterday. Both brushed it off after the game, tacking the exchange up to playing an “emotional game,” but no one can blame the Dolphins for being frustrated. Miami is too good to miss the playoffs, but that’s exactly what it’s about to do.

:smh:

Tanne still has a lot of work to do. Missing Damien Williams in the flat on 3rd and 4. Failing on his pre-snap read in the red-zone to give up a critical sack to CJ Mosley.

I can't help but think of where this ball club would be without the lost of Brandon Albert. Forget Green Bay, Detroit and Denver. Losing him was major for us. Funny how the game revolves around QB. If he cannot sustain a drive, that pits more pressure on the Defense. Lack of 3rd down conversions, and poor red-zone play will lose you a game. Unless you're losing the turnover battle .

This is going to be one ugly game... hopefully it's the one that sends Philbin packing.

2nd and 14 let's take our starting running back out and insert the guy we cut and run a draw play with him and force ourselfs into a 3rd and 14. ******* mind dumbing how terrible this is

Their*

And yea, almost all of the play calling has me scratching my head. Don't have the Center/Guard to run up the middle but constantly try to.

The sweep?

These long end arounds with Wallace when the corners stay home, that play doesn't work.

Just don't know. Ready for the off season and hope no one else gets injured.

And ANOTHER dropped touchdown...

And again had hella people in his face...

This team...

Back
Top Bottom