OFFICIAL 2014 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD (8-8) : MAYBE NEXT YEAR SMH

sick.gif

We learned one thing, QB is not the problem here.

3 man rushes, sacked almost immediately.
Dropped TD. Williams.
Hartline can't see perfect deep ball.
Mathews in end zone can't hang on.

Pick hits Miller in chest, DPI not called.

He made one poor throw, pick to Gibson a smidge too high.

Everything else, playcalling, refusing to run Miller more, 3rd and long defense, tackling, Jimmy Wilson, Special Teams, Pass rush, Oline, injuries.

Lot to work on, as usual. But, Philbin likely gone. :pimp:

The throw that was too high RT had a guy in his face and couldn't step up so it floated.

Will be a partial celebration when Philbin is gone... but it's the Dolphins and they have a long history of hiring the wrong guy.

Will be a partial celebration when Philbin is gone... but it's the Dolphins and they have a long history of hiring the wrong guy.

And drafting the wrong guy. i.e. trade down for Jared Odrick instead of drafting Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant. Or... drafting Dion Jordan over Sheldon Richardson with the 3rd overall $& pick. This team is just allergic to any kind of success.

He prefers the Bay, Depends on Ross.

Finns - Jordan COULD be a great player, no one has a clue. He is a f-cking linebacker attempting to play defensive end. It's not his fault he is playing in the wrong position on a team that doesn't know how to use him.

Maybe Harbaugh could make something out of him but Sheldon is a monster

Yeah, and not a single Dolphin fan wanted Sheldon AT ALL prior to the draft.

No one. Nobody. Nada.

Miami fans lost their **** when DJ was taken. We all expected him to replace Wake, and wreak havoc for a decade, Jason Taylor style.

Put Sheldon here, and Jordan in NY with Rex, and what do you think happens to each of them?

Yeah, and not a single Dolphin fan wanted Sheldon AT ALL prior to the draft.

No one. Nobody. Nada.

Miami fans lost their **** when DJ was taken. We all expected him to replace Wake, and wreak havoc for a decade, Jason Taylor style.

Put Sheldon here, and Jordan in NY with Rex, and what do you think happens to each of them?

Right, the ol' hindsight is 20/20. Funny thing was that JT wasn't anywhere near a top 5 pick, let alone a first rounder. Neither was Zach. Or Sam. Or Pat. :lol:

We are in a perpetual state of mediocrity because we keep missing on impact players. I analyzed this roster position by position and see 3 impact players. One is the #1 CB, the other is a speed demon WR that would be putting up 1400 yards in a better offense. And then you have the RB that gets 2-5 touches a damn game despite explosiveness.

The rest are fringe type players. Wake, Vernon, Starks, Clay, Hartline, Pouncey, Misi, Odrick, all underachieved this season.

Finns, you're the one using hindsight to say we should have taken Sheldon.......

And you analyzing the roster does absolutely nothing, your credit is well established around here. :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: at that time I felt like they reached with DJ. Looked at his highlight tape and he was fast, but skinny. His tackles were poor.

Finns, you're the one using hindsight to say we should have taken Sheldon.......

And you analyzing the roster does absolutely nothing, your credit is well established around here. :lol:

:lol: Ok Kiper the 3rd. I haven't been proven wrong in over a decade. This team is drafting and signing the wrong guys. You can fill out your little DolphinsDraft twitter and feel good about yourself, but in the end there's nothing generated from that. Pat yourself on the back for your analysis, in the end this team will break your heart everytime. Have fun with that bud. :lol:

Personally, bring in Harbaugh. Keep Hickey around, give him a chance to get more of the Ireland/Parcells stink off this team. Trade Wake for a pick if you can. Stop getting cute in the draft, look for impact players. Find position players that can create mismatches. Fix the LG and RG positions, enough Satele at C, put Pouncey back at C. From there, draft a safety to replace Delmas.

:lol: Ok Kiper the 3rd. I haven't been proven wrong in over a decade. This team is drafting and signing the wrong guys. You can fill out your little DolphinsDraft twitter and feel good about yourself, but in the end there's nothing generated from that. Pat yourself on the back for your analysis, in the end this team will break your heart everytime. Have fun with that bud. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:lol:

Let's see:
-Knew Cam Cameron was the wrong hire
-Could see Jake Long was Jake Wrong, Henne was going to flame out
-Didn't like trading down for Odrick, passing on Earl Thomas, Dez, the extra pick of Misi proved futile
-Never liked (hated) Ryan Hennehill, your boy, your god, your one and only. Can't wait til he's picking his nose on another football team
-Liked that Philbin came from GB, expected him to instill principles of that team's philosophies, puzzled he never called plays in GB, turns out he's a bumbling idiot
-Hated trading Brandon Marshall away, knew the draft picks in return would turn into ZEROES
-Hated trading Vontae Davis away, knew the draft picks would turn into ZEROES
-Hated Philbin catching feelings over the "leadership committee", got rid of all the best players, replaced with scrubs
-Team has made the playoffs once in the last 10 years, because Cassell

What do you have to show for all of these years? Do you work for the organization? Have your picks panned out? Oh that's #%^@&^& right, we draft losers and scrubs year after year and your fantasies are never realized.

My plan will work. Hire Harbaugh, fix the interiors of both lines, trade Wake's worthless #$^ for a pick, get real about winning.

:lol: your plan.

The one where I was saying to trade Wake the past 3 years.
Or where every single Dolphin fan in the country has asked for Harbaugh even before Philbin was hired. :lol:

Everything else you said is bull **** running your mouth garbage. You never said any of that back in the moment, you only say it now. You might as well have added drafting Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore, drafting Ray Lewis and Reggie Wayne, taken Tom Brady in the 5th round in 99, etc.

You ain't foolin no one dude.

:lol: So we agree. Took long enough.

Harbaugh is the favorite, Quinn is the consolation prize. Evidently he's a client of Tannenbaum's, who is an advisor to Ross. There are a million rumors but one with legs is that Tannenbaum (and #13) are in Ross' ear on what to do next. Philbin is a goner.

Then Hickey must start filling this team with explosion. Take BPA in the 1st round, be it a WR, CB, or S. Someone who can find the ball. Get some competent guards, and a seam-busting TE. I've been asking for a legit TE since Randy McMike left.

Charles Clay is a legit TE, his team doesn't know how to use him. Same as Miller. Same as Wallace. Same as Jenkins. Same as Jordan. Same as Tannehill. Same as they did to Jones last year. Etc etc etc.

And Jared Odrick would be a Patriot if Ireland hadn't snagged him, everyone knows this.

The coaches we have fail every week to use their talent the way other teams' use theirs. You are blind if you can't see that. Witness Tannehill not running early in the year, then suddenly they realize, hey, he's really good at this. Notice him not throwing deep for 6 freaking games, then he does EIGHT TIMES last week, and was successful on several of them. That is so on coaching, it's not even funny. To not even attempt one, for weeks and weeks, and then suddenly he's throwing them left and right with success. :smh:

You keep mentioning Marshall, Vontae, etc, notice how they played better, with different coaches????????????? That's the point. That you miss over and over and over and over.

Sheldon wouldn't do anything with us, if Coyle and Philbin were teaching him. REX, is the one that gets that defense going, but he can't help an offense to save his soul.

The roster doesn't need an overhaul, the staff does. But you'll know that in 2-3 years when you claim that you were right and explain all the things we've already seen happen. :lol:

I haven't been proven wrong in over a decade.

Predictions for Sunday's game anybody?

Or how bout a season Predictions?

I really think we end up 10-6.

10-6 agreed. That's my opinion.

Mike & Mike had us at 6-10 and 5-11. If either of these records becomes reality, Joe Philbin is a dead man walking.

On 9/3/14 :lol:

2 posts later tho.......

Our linebackers are going to give us trouble all year.

No Pouncey, Jordan, or Jones for the first few games = bad.

Special teams could be an issue.

Still some uncertainty on the oline

And the run game needs some strengthening.

And Philbin sucks.

Put that all together, and that's not 10 wins. I'll be amazed if we get to 8 and 8.

:wink:

On 9/3/14 :lol:

2 posts later tho.......
:wink:

Well is Joe Philbin a dead man walking? Exactly. If he wasn't such a $^#& tard, the Detroit, Denver, and GB games have us at 10-4 right now. Say Denver wins anyway, still 9-5. You split MIN/NYJ and that's 10-6. I didn't think it would get this bad.

Again, he's a dead man walking.

Back
Top Bottom