OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Pretty disappointing 'crootin season for Oregon this year. Biggest theme were the decommitments. We had great guys lined up to join the team but they started falling off and we went six weeks without a commitment. Guys who were committed at one time included:

Jared Mayden
Theo Howard
Eddie McDoom
Vavae Malepeai

Each of those guys were 4* guys :\

We did address some needs at QB and LB, so that was good... But would have liked to have seen a better close. Changes at both the O and D coordinators no doubt contributed to some of the flat finish. I anticipate 2017 being a better year, provided we win 9-10 games.

Despite how weird Byrd is, that was a L for us. Unless we add a graduate guy, we can't have one injury, suspension or someone not qualify at CB.

Seen that we had 26 decommitments including drops :lol: good to know things like that won't happen again.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing 'crootin season for Oregon this year. Biggest theme were the decommitments. We had great guys lined up to join the team but they started falling off and we went six weeks without a commitment. Guys who were committed at one time included:

Jared Mayden
Theo Howard
Eddie McDoom
Vavae Malepeai

We did address some needs at QB and LB, so that was good... But would have liked to have seen a better close. Changes at both the O and D coordinators no doubt contributed to some of the flat finish. I anticipate 2017 being a better year, provided we win 9-10 games.

I always wondered why Oregon doesn't recruit better annually. I guess I just assumed this new generation of kids would flock to play in that system/nike hookup. I could be wrong and it was just a down year for them on the recruiting trail though. I just expect them to be top 5 like every year :lol:

Last edited:
I always wonder why Oregon doesn't recruit annually. I guess I just assumed these new generations of kids would flock to play in that system/nike hookup. I could
be wrong and it was just a down year for them on the recruiting trail though

They do recruit annually, but you don't often see commitments during the season for whatever reason. They've already got a couple of 4* guys for 2017 in QB Ryan Kelley from AZ and DE Langi Tuifua from UT

But yeah, really a down year. Last year they had a top 15ish class... *shrugs*

Jared Mayden
Theo Howard
Eddie McDoom
Vavae Malepeai

Every year, i see a Oregon back and wonder why we didn't get that kid at USC (still chappy about DThomas - was similar to getting dumped by a chick. One day he's all about USC, goes to Oregon, comes back wearing Duck gear the day before signing day. He didn't even have to say Oregon. We knew). Don't know all that much about Malepeai. Good player?

They do recruit annually, but you don't often see commitments during the season for whatever reason. They've already got a couple of 4* guys for 2017 in QB Ryan Kelley from AZ and DE Langi Tuifua from UT

But yeah, really a down year. Last year they had a top 15ish class... *shrugs*

For the most part, Oregon seems to always be about getting 3 star kids and turning them into 4 stars, or 4 star kids into 5 stars. No?

Damn Strong bent Sumlin over a barrel and showed him the 50 states for the second year in a row :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I think they're usually in the low 20's with recruiting classes. 2011 was top 10 if I remember correctly

Yep, they had one great year (Marriota/DT/Ekpre/Colt Lyeria :tongue:)

I think everyone has great facilities one way or another, so at the end of the day, Oregon's superb facilities don't go as far as we think. And who wants to be in that weather year round if you're from Cali, Florida, or Texas? Although Eugene is pretty awesome, and the surrounding areas. I can do 4-5 days and then I need to go.

Yeah I remember back around 2011'ish Oregon was the talk of the country because of there facilities/jerseys/system but a lot of programs have combated that with upgrading as well.

pimp.gif
 On Point.

Last edited:
Frost did WORK

I knew Snelson was going to flip but I was told not to say anything about that at all.
Lol I mentioned it on Twitter like "UCF Snelson" and let it go [emoji]128514[/emoji]

U going to the spring game ?

just imagine what Frost 'n Co can do with a full recruiting cycle. :x :wow:

frost did good also shoring up the lines because we definitely needed help on both sides.

imma try hitting up that spring game, frost getting the fan base madd hype. :pimp:

Last edited:
just imagine what Frost 'n Co can do with a full recruiting cycle.
sick.gif
eek.gif

frost did good also shoring up the lines because we definitely needed help on both sides.

imma try hitting up that spring game, frost getting the fan base madd hype.
pimp.gif
Gotta win though...

It's one thing to hype kids about playing in the Oregon sytem surrounded by all those fine *** UCF co-eds.

But if they get washed by Houston, Navy, Memphis, Tulsa, USF and Cincy...

Last edited:
just imagine what Frost 'n Co can do with a full recruiting cycle. :x :wow:

imma try hitting up that spring game, frost getting the fan base madd hype. :pimp:

Gotta win though...

It's one thing to hype kids about playing in the Oregon sytem surrounded by all those fine *** UCF co-eds.

But if they get washed by Houston, Navy, Memphis, Tulsa, USF and Cincy...

Dudes should already play well knowing them co-eds watching :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom