OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

Evan Petzold ‏@EvanPetzold  1h1 hour ago
2017 5* CB/WR Darnay Holmes told @MaizenBrew that Michigan is the ONLY team that he knows will make his Top 3. Still deciding on others.
So Michigan is his leader? 
nerd.gif

FWIW Harbaugh is trying to get his cousin 2015 4* WR Desean Holmes into Michigan.  He left SDSU after a week in school in 15 and hasn't enrolled anywhere since. 

Last edited:

Evan Petzold ‏@EvanPetzold  1h1 hour ago
2017 5* CB/WR Darnay Holmes told @MaizenBrew that Michigan is the ONLY team that he knows will make his Top 3. Still deciding on others.
So Michigan is his leader? 
nerd.gif

FWIW Harbaugh is trying to get his cousin 2015 4* WR Desean Holmes into Michigan.  He left SDSU after a week in school in 15 and hasn't enrolled anywhere since. 
Nah. If anything, UCLA is his leader right now, but he's a weird case. He likes SC and a few other Pac schools as well, and would be all SC but his extended family hates the Trojans over the Desean Holmes situation.

And can Desean even qualify for Michigan? He seems to have a lot of other issues he has to deal with. It's unclear if he had an emotional meltdown/even wants to be in school, let alone playing football.

Nah. If anything, UCLA is his leader right now, but he's a weird case. He likes SC and a few other Pac schools as well, and would be all SC but his extended family hates the Trojans over the Desean Holmes situation.

And can Desean even qualify for Michigan? He seems to have a lot of other issues he has to deal with. It's unclear if he had an emotional meltdown/even wants to be in school, let alone playing football.
Normally I would say no, but he's not the only borderline kid that Michigan has shown interest in during the Harbaugh regime.  He's an NCAA qualifier so he might be good from that regard.   

This would probably be the first kid to really test how much pull Harbaugh has with admissions tho..

I feel bad posting paywall stuff on here (and it's probably illegal as-per-Meth) but I wanted to clarify what I meant by Michigan, not being his leader:

Michigan is his #1 out of state school, but he hasn't decided if he's choosing between 1 more or 2 or 3 Cali schools. It sounds like he just dropped Bama, also.

Quote from the dad:

“Stanford along with UCLA have been those schools that we’ve looked at if Darnay wants to stay home. USC was never in the mix, so we never looked at having three home schools as options. Now you have USC on that list, plus the out of state schools that interest us that are high academic institutions. They’re academic institutions as well as great DB institutions that turn out great defensive backs.”

Apparently he took an unofficial to SC last week and met the new staff for the first time. His family disliked Sark, who not coincidentally, is the dude who pulled Desean's scholly after he committed to Kiffin a year prior.

What's with SEC teams tossing so so HS coaches jobs just to get at their elite family members and players lately?

I've now seen Ole Miss, LSU, Auburn, Bama, and Michigan do it.

Chris partridge

Partridge came to Ann Arbor after serving as the head coach at New Jersey's Paramus Catholic High School, a position he held for five seasons (2010-14). While at the helm of the Paladin program, Partridge grew a football program listed 4,250th nationally and 112th in state of New Jersey to the top-ranked team in the state and No. 4 nationally by USA Today. He coached and mentored more than 30 Division I football players during that time, as well as various All-America players.

Devon bush

Career information
High school: Hialeah (FL) Miami Lakes
College: Florida State
NFL draft: 1995 / Round: 1 / Pick: 26
Career history
Atlanta Falcons (1995–1998)
St. Louis Rams (1999–2000)
Cleveland Browns (2001–2002)
Career highlights and awards
Super Bowl champion (XXXIV)
Bowl Coalition National Championship (1993)
ACC championship (1992, 1993, 1994)
Second-team All-ACC (1994)
Third-team All-ACC (1993)
^throw in a state championship as the head coach at Flanagan.

Not anything new at all. Just doesn't fly under the radar with today's media coverage.

Saban hired James Coley in like 2003 to get Dwayne Bowe :lol:. Probably tons of examples

Harbaugh also went and got St Ed's (OH) head coach and another cat from Bama for his support staff... He wants a huge staff and to run this program as close to an NFL team as he can... And the AD said the check book is open for him to do that.

Harbaugh also went and got St Ed's (OH) head coach and another cat from Bama for his support staff... He wants a huge staff and to run this program as close to an NFL team as he can... And the AD said the check book is open for him to do that.

Recruiting for 'SC

Eric Rutter ‏@ERutterTodaysU  2h2 hours ago
Paramus Catholic and St. Frances Academy will play each other at Michigan Stadium on Sept 2 according to 2017 TE Myles Wright
Day before Michigan's season opener. 

4* FL QB Mac Jones flipped from UK to Bama. 

Last edited:
 Eric Rutter ‏@ERutterTodaysU  2h2 hours ago

Paramus Catholic and St. Frances Academy will play each other at Michigan Stadium on Sept 2 according to 2017 TE Myles Wright

Day before Michigan's season opener. 

4* FL QB Mac Jones flipped from UK to Bama. 

Mac Jones is really damn good

Hell of a pull for Bams & Big loss for UK

I know you're gonna tease me about this but I wanted to post this yesterday but was out doing hood rat things with my friends:

After Mac Jones flipping was announced Tua retweeted a tweet from a USC fan that said I think verbatim "see this is why you should be a Trojan. Why don't you go to a school that actually wants you?"

He caught a ton of hate for that and deleted it then put up a tweet welcoming Jones to the team.

Hours later when a Bama site asked him about it he replied “If anyone is getting anything wrong out of that, that’s up to them,” Tagovailoa said. “If they think that I’m just going to go back to liking other schools, I feel like that’s kind of silly.” Also said he retweets everything he's tagged in without reading it.

*shrug* his pops has a job offer from a mobile area school and the entire family is moving to Bama so his commit is probably going to stick but it's funny. Especially considering a lot of people think he wants to end up at either SC or Oregon depending how their seasons go or if O offers.

Last edited:
So based on two workouts Jack Jones may legitimately be the best CB on the team? Never really watched his HS tapes but people are raving that after practice it's between him or Adoree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom