OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about to see how good of a coach Kerr is. The Griz have the blueprint to beat GSW.

IMO steph and Klay gotta go to the rack more. This is the playoffs...teams not just gonna let you style on them and drop a 3 in their eye. They gonna run you off the line...when they do, put your head down and go to the hole; you're gonna get a foul or a bucket

He was hurt and very frustrated that series. Blake just wasn't evolved enough for the opposition, you could see it in his face and body language 

No doubt. But he still managed to contribute despite that. And he's a much better player now. Wouldn't at all mind seeing Blake v. Z-Bo III

Still expect this to go 7.

It would not surprise me.

Honestly, the Grizz have shocked me throughout this post season. They are finally playing the way many thought they were capable of playing. This just looks like a completely different team. It would not shock me if the Grizz win out at this point, but I'm always preparing for the worst with this team. They can be very bipolar :lol:

Who knows at this point.

[quote name="Jumpman II"][quote name="Lver of Jordan"]FRAUD STATE[/quote]Lakers fans are funny.[/quote]Lakers? Please keep them in the Non-Playoff thread.

He was commenting on your fraudulent Warriors. :D

I'm sure in the back of Memphis mind they are thinking about last season when they went up 2-1 on OKC.

then... Reggie Jackson happened.

Hopefully, they've learned from their mistakes in the past and can build off this win. I'll be in the Grindhouse on Monday rooting for that win.

[quote name="Jumpman II"][quote name="Lver of Jordan"]FRAUD STATE
Lakers fans are funny.[/quote]Lakers? Please keep them in the Non-Playoff thread.

He was commenting on your fraudulent Warriors. :D[/quote]

Nothing Fraudulent about them. Down 2-1 is not a death sentence.

Honestly, the Grizz have shocked me throughout this post season. They are finally playing the way many thought they were capable of playing. This just looks like a completely different team. It would not shock me if the Grizz win out at this point, but I'm always preparing for the worst with this team. They can be very bipolar :lol:

I hear you. I'm not even putting the Clips in the WCF yet. Let's see how tomorrow goes. Then again, we do have Austin Rivers....:smokin

Still expect this to go 7.

I'm a lil surprised at y'all are controlling the last 2 games but not the 2-1 lead. Grizz are built for playoff time.

Last edited:
This isn't all that true. Case by case scenario. In some cases they do mean something, in some cases they don't. It's all relative.

You have a point. I just think people kept looking at the regular season matchup this season and comparing it to what would happen in the playoffs.

Game 1: Bogut was out and this was before the Grizz acquired Jeff Green

Game 2: Both teams were healthy until TA got hurt. This was also during a stretch where Memphis was playing its worst basketball of the season

Game 3: Both Conley and TA were out

Its just hard to really look at those games and compare a playoff matchup.

This isn't all that true. Case by case scenario. In some cases they do mean something, in some cases they don't. It's all relative.
I don't think regular season matchups mean zilch but tbh they're not to be trusted for too much IMO. Injuries, rotations, just the day to day of the regular season can skew any real results

But I do think there are certain things you can take from them. Look at the HOU/LAC matchup, JJ and team defense have consistently been solid to contain Harden. It's continued through the post season

Last edited:
[quote name="Jumpman II"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Jumpman II"]Lakers fans are funny.[/quote]Lakers? Please keep them in the Non-Playoff thread.

He was commenting on your fraudulent Warriors. :D[/quote]Nothing Fraudulent about them. Down 2-1 is not a death sentence.[/quote]To him they are, and jumping on people who mention the Lakers and then mentioning the Lakers, I mean, I can't say you're better then that, so yeah.

Man... I hate Paul Pierce... but good for that old man.

"I called game!" 
laugh.gif
 I can't even hate on that.

And nice to see Memphis get a win. I don't even know who I'd prefer to win that series, but I'm all for a competitive and exciting round.

Last edited:
Golden State's answer is not David Lee :lol: . I hope Kerr is not that stupid to insert David Lee in against Zbo and Marc. Just stick with what you're doing and make some adjustments (double teams, a little more small ball action, etc.) . The old Warriors showed up tonight with all of those turnovers.

[quote name="Jumpman II"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="Jumpman II"]Lakers fans are funny.
Lakers? Please keep them in the Non-Playoff thread.

He was commenting on your fraudulent Warriors. :D[/quote]Nothing Fraudulent about them. Down 2-1 is not a death sentence.[/quote]To him they are, and jumping on people who mention the Lakers and then mentioning the Lakers, I mean, I can't say you're better then that, so yeah.[/quote]

Man shut up already

I don't think regular season matchups mean zilch but tbh they're not to be trusted for too much IMO. Injuries, rotations, just the day to do of the regular season can skew any real results

But I do think there are certain things you can take from them. Look at the HOU/LAC matchup, JJ and team defense have consistently been solid to contain Harden. It's continued through the post season
I think all those factors you mentioned are why you can't make absolute claims based on the regular season but I still think that evaluating how teams did against each other in the regular season should be looked at. You can't just ignore it. But you can't come to conclusions from it either.

More than anything, what you look for are prolonged trends that may have developed during the regular season. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom