OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mchale isn't a "bad" coach but you aren't going to win a championship with Kevin Mchale. He's taken this team as far as he can take it. The Rockets have to make a change. They have a good roster and their best player is only 25, but Dwight will only be dominant defensively for 3-4 more years and the West isn't getting any easier. Players like Harden and Howard don't come around every year so you gotta go hard after a chip when you got those guys near the top of their games. To keep Mchale is basically saying we're fine with winning 50 games and losing in the 1st and 2nd round.

Mchale isn't a "bad" coach but you aren't going to win a championship with Kevin Mchale. He's taken this team as far as he can take it. The Rockets have to make a change. They have a good roster and their best player is only 25, but Dwight will only be dominant defensively for 3-4 more years and the West isn't getting any easier. Players like Harden and Howard don't come around every year so you gotta go hard after a chip when you got those guys near the top of their games. To keep Mchale is basically saying we're fine with winning 50 games and losing in the 1st and 2nd round.
McHale isn't the problem. Playing the Clippers with Ariza / Prigioni / 37 year old Jason Terry / Brewer / Terrance Jones that's a much bigger problem than McHale.

Barnes ready to risk it all
laugh.gif
shes GORGEOUS man. o lawd. they sent a reporter that fine into the locker room? he looking at her thinkin bout kids already and i dont even blame him
My dude Harrison is love struck.  

Last edited:
McHale isn't the problem. Playing the Clippers with Ariza / Prigioni / 37 year old Jason Terry / Brewer / Terrance Jones that's a much bigger problem than McHale.

Even with that and all the injuries...no way the Rockets should be getting beasted by 20+ points in back to back games...or letting Austin Rivers style on them. To me, that's coaching. Not to mention the nonsensical pick and roll defense their playing, an offense that consists of throwing it to Dwight once or twice a quarter while everyone chucks bricks from the outside the rest of the time, to going to hack a jordan in the first quarter.

Yes the clippers are a better team...they aren't THAT much better. Like i said earlier in the thread...no way the Rockets should be looking like the 8th seed from the East vs. the Clippers.

Even with that and all the injuries...no way the Rockets should be getting beasted by 20+ points in back to back games...or letting Austin Rivers style on them. To me, that's coaching. Not to mention the nonsensical pick and roll defense their playing, an offense that consists of throwing it to Dwight once or twice a quarter while everyone chucks bricks from the outside the rest of the time, to going to hack a jordan in the first quarter.

Yes the clippers are a better team...they aren't THAT much better. Like i said earlier in the thread...no way the Rockets should be looking like the 8th seed from the East vs. the Clippers.
FOH. Austin will style on your favorite team as well.

Last edited:

i agree with all of this except for the jab at austin. not for the nt jokes reasons but because... what team puts together a gameplan and even factors him into it? hes not even an x factor. hes like the q factor, some ish u just dont see coming period. hes having his jeremy lin run right now.

My dude Harrison is love struck.  
man u see that chick? do u even blame him?

Last edited:

1) I honestly think the Clippers are THAT much better than them. It's all about matchups and this one is a horrible one for them. Maybe not 30 plus points better, but they are significantly better.

2) If you watch the film a lot of this is effort, **** that McHale can't control. Players dying on picks without even trying to fight over them, jogging back in transition, missing free throws, essentially the things on the margins that a coach can't control, the rockets are getting killed at. When you aren't nearly as good as the team you are playing, you have to give yourself a chance by winning the battle on the margins.

3) Hack a dwight early in game 4 was a terrible coaching maneuver for sure.

4) Austin Riverrs since he's been in the league has been able to get to the rim at will whenever he wanted. It's tough to keep him out the paint. Srs. But again, part of why he's been so successful is Harden and other's half hearted attempts at defense. It looks like they are trying to play defense but they really aren't.

I mean they are giving up 120 plus points per. As bad as McHale's system is offensively, that really isn't the issue, it's the defense. 

Last edited:
Pau missing in action dampens the offensive ability 

Also, leaving guys on the perimeter open when James attacks needs to stop

Pau missing in action dampens the offensive ability 

Also, leaving guys on the perimeter open when James attacks needs to stop

I guarantee them two droughts in Game 4 wouldn't have happened if Pau was playing... Smh..

Dunleavy and Niko won't go a combined 2-16 tonight either.

Bullies :pimp:

Rosalyn Gold-Onwude is a fine reporter. I recognized her from Liberty game two or three years ago. She was a beast defensive player at Stanford.

1) I honestly think the Clippers are THAT much better than them. It's all about matchups and this one is a horrible one for them. Maybe not 30 plus points better, but they are significantly better.

On paper...I think Houston has just as much talent as the Clippers. Blake is the only person the Rockets don't have a real answer for and CP3 and Harden "should" be canceling each other out offensively

2) If you watch the film a lot of this is effort, **** that McHale can't control. Players dying on picks without even trying to fight over them, jogging back in transition, missing free throws, essentially the things on the margins that a coach can't control, the rockets are getting killed at. When you aren't nearly as good as the team you are playing, you have to give yourself a chance by winning the battle on the margins.

I can agree on the effort front, but even when they've played hard Doc has run circles around Mchale strategy wise...the only adjustments Mchale has made are hack a Deandre in the 1Q and switiching the pick and roll so Harden of all people is on Blake foul line down and both of those moves are borderline crazy

4) Austin Riverrs since he's been in the league has been able to get to the rim at will whenever he wanted. It's tough to keep him out the paint. Srs. But again, part of why he's been so successful is Harden and other's half hearted attempts at defense. It looks like they are trying to play defense but they really aren't.

Austin can't finish at the rim, he's an inconsistent outside shooter, an average defender, and decent ball handler. He's an average to below average NBA player the Rockets are making look like a star. As a coach how do you sit there and let this guy destroy you in that 3rd quarter...no timeouts to stop the run...no defensive adjustment to get him off his game...NOTHING.

We can agree to disagree but this is as much coaching as anything else. The Rockets shouldn't be getting run out of the building by these guys and to me, the majority of that is on Mchale

Last edited:
Golden State won last night because of the adjustments made on defense. The 1st quarter in general killed the Grizz because it took them completely off their game plan. If you look at the 2nd half, they adjusted a little better and you were looking at 80 point half combined by both teams. The pace favored the Grizz in the 2nd half and Golden State didn't extend the lead anymore. If you get down early on a team like GSW and you're the Grizz, coming back seems impossible :lol: .

Tony Allen only played 15 minutes last night because of the new scheme Golden State came up with. 1) we not going to beat Golden State without Tony Allen's defense. We saw how easy it was for the Warriors to score without TA out there. 2) Joerger needs to find a way to keep TA out there, but utilize him differently. Without TA causing havoc out there, there is really no one else on the perimeter that can lead us defensively against Curry / Klay.

One option is to use him more on pinch post action to get Bogut away from the hoop. Use TA as a screener for Lee or whoever it may be. Use Conley on the strong running pinch post with Marc. You have to think...Joerger cannot be this dumb to come out with the exact same game plan as Game 4 and expect to win tomorrow night. Zbo also did not get enough touches in Game 4.

How is that going to work when Bogut is playing a borderline zone? He's not leaving the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom