OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A team that hypothetically goes through three 6-game series would have played only three fewer games. The "wear and tear" thing regarding series that go the full seven is blown out of proportion.
Rest vs Rust... matters to some teams. Still interesting if their the only team that has to go that route

I miss Westbrook.

Wish KD foot got healthy at the end and we got GSW vs OKC in the 1st.

.............Maybe Scott Brooks doesn't get fired though, I take it all back basketball gods, you were right.

For people from Cleveland and/or Cavs fans -

Knowing Love's season is finished and there are no opportunities ahead for him to I don't know, say, hit a big shot in a big moment that might have turned a game or turned a series against Atlanta in the ECF or GSW/LAC/HOU in the Finals, what are your thoughts on David Griffin and Dan Gilbert's Wiggins/Love trade last summer if:

- The Cavs win a title this June, Love opts out

- The Cavs don't win a title this June, Love opts out

Are they both equally terrible, because you gave up Wiggins for one year of Love (in these scenarios), or does winning the championship in the first hypothetical give significance to the trade because, despite being underutilized, Love was a part of a team that grabbed the No. 2 seed, which gave them homecourt until the ECF, and that No. 2 seed might've been a significant factor in the Bulls/Cavs series? No, Love's far from the reason for the Cavs claiming the No. 2 seed, but he would represent one of the 12 reasons (12 active players).

Last edited:
If LA has to go through three 7 game series...

They have to get through 2 first :smh:

I believe the 1988 Lakers had 3 seven game series. In the 2nd and 3rd rounds to get out of the West and against the Pistons in the Finals.

Last edited:
Already said the Love trade is terrible.

It was reactionary in like 3 different ways who gives up the best prospect since Anthony Davis for a player you coulda signed in the offseason anyway?

Last edited:
I know it's short-sighted, but if winning a championship - even if it's one - for the city of Cleveland is as paramount/monumental as it seems or probably should be, then maybe you can say the trade worked extremely well for the short-term, which can make the long-term negative effects easier to broach or absorb.

I bet the Cavs would have still gotten the No. 2 seed if Wiggins and Love had been on opposite teams this year. But even with how .500ish the Love/Kyrie-led Cavs played in January during LeBron's absence, I think Wiggins (in his third month as a pro)/Kyrie-led Cavs would have performed much worse. The Bulls (50-32) were just 3.0 GB from the Cavaliers (53-29) when the season ended, so that stretch of Wiggins/Kyrie w/o LeBron might have been crucial toward Eastern Conference seeding (would LeBron have sat out during that stretch in January if it were a rookie, Wiggins, as the third member of the Cavs core instead of Love? That's another factor in play, maybe). Beyond even that stretch, the butterfly effect would have affected the entire season and make all outcomes different, really.

Last edited:
There was a ton of folks who were questioning the Love trade from the jump

He could have signed outright the following season and they could have kept Wiggins

Much like Carmelo and the Knicks situation 

I still say being traded was the best thing to happen to wiggins. I'd be happy if I were him
I don't see why he couldn't do what K. Leonard is doing and still flourish

But yeah I'm sure he's happy either way, getting paid and getting featured. I just think CLE wouldn't hold him back from doing that either

will this years bulls squad go down as then 2000 kings? imgine what the team would of looked like if d rose was playing MVP like:smh:

There was a ton of folks who were questioning the Love trade from the jump

He could have signed outright the following season and they could have kept Wiggins

Much like Carmelo and the Knicks situation 

I was one of the biggest skeptics, for several of the reasons you stated + it didn't make sense to give up any No. 1 overall pick for a guy everybody knew was going to leave (if he wasn't traded before he had a chance), but specifically the No. 1 overall pick that they gave up in that trade.

If Love doesn't opt out and the Cavaliers win it next year, then I'd say it's worth it because even as fun as Wiggins/_____ (KAT/Okafor) looks for the times ahead, it is FAR from a guarantee of a championship. If Love is a key player in any Cleveland championship, whenever it happens, then it would be worth it imo, especially since I can see the perspective of a city deprived of any titles. LA/NY can't really grasp this dehydrated, cynical P.O.V. we in Minnesota have and I'm sure in Cleveland they have. We have nothing for championships, in really any sport (Minnesota's last was '91).

Love ain't opting out.

If he does he's an idiot.

He shouldn't, because of the cap increase next year. However we don't know how truly uncomfortable he felt in the situation (not that he should be so uncomfortable to the point of sacrificing $ just to leave sooner, but we just don't know what he's thinking).

Kevin Love comes from family who is filthy rich, he doesn't care about money

The lack of relationship between Love and his teammates is still amazing to me, I could easily see him leaving

Crackhead Corey hittin' them corners before the game
laugh.gif
... 20, 5, and 5 guaranteed 

Love ain't opting out.

If he does he's an idiot.

He shouldn't, because of the cap increase next year. However we don't know how truly uncomfortable he felt in the situation (not that he should be so uncomfortable to the point of sacrificing $ just to leave sooner, but we just don't know what he's thinking).

I don't know where he can go and be more comfortable and have a chance at winning.

I still say being traded was the best thing to happen to wiggins. I'd be happy if I were him
I don't see why he couldn't do what K. Leonard is doing and still flourish

But yeah I'm sure he's happy either way, getting paid and getting featured. I just think CLE wouldn't hold him back from doing that either

Playing alongside Lebron only allows for one other player to make plays. I think wiggins' confidence would have been all messed with being reduced to standing in the corner.

Watching Lebron and Myrie dribble out the clock and catching bombs from them can't be good for a rookie

Every hood has a neighbor like Corey brewer. They're called crackheads and go by names like spiderman, buster, bubbles etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom