OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="CashBanks"][quote name="WavyCrocket"]Never said they were a great squad. All I said is they were good. Which you just admitted to.

The whole point in this is that people now try and say that team wasn't good, when in reality they were good, just not great.[/quote]Who tho? where are these people?

I haven't seen anybody in here say this and yet you keep going back to it.[/quote] Same thing was happening back then, man.

- "Let's be real; those guys need LeBron."

- "I don't know how you can say they suck. They were even in the Finals."

- "Not saying they suck. They're good players, good team. But any eliteness they have is because of LeBron, and they don't make the Finals without LeBron. You can be good and not be in the Finals, but also not be in the lottery."

- "So you're still saying they suck? Whatever, man. Lebron ain't that good, and that Cavs squad is for real."

Just that now instead of being a present tense convo a current squad that is, it's a past tense convo about what was.

Last edited:
Yeah, those Cavs teams from 08-10 were not trash at all. They were a good team for that time period. Revisionist history will tell you they were trash, but NOBODY then was saying that the Cavs back then didn't have enough talent to contend for a title.

People forget, the model for teams was different than it is now. Especially in the east. Other than the Spurs, Celtics and Lakers...The good teams like the Magic, Nuggets and Cavs of that era consisted of a Superstar, borderline all star...and a bunch of good role players.

The only reason people thought they could contend with a title was because of Lebron. It wasn't because he had great talent on those teams. Again, you see what happened once Lebron left. They couldn't even SNIFF the playoffs. If the team was THAT great, there's no way they don't at LEAST make the playoffs.

Same thing was happening back then, man.

- "Let's be real; those guys need LeBron."

- "I didn't know how you can say they suck. They were even in the Finals."

- "Not saying they suck. They're good players, good team. But any eliteness they have is because of LeBron, and they don't make the Finals without LeBron. You can be good and not be in the Finals, but not be in the lottery."

- "So you're still saying they suck? Whatever, man. Lebron ain't that good, and that Cavs squad is for real."

Just that now instead of being a present tense convo a current squad that is, it's a past tense convo about what was.

***** sad, like I get it you don't like LeBron but let's be realistic about what those teams were.

Congrats to Lou

Thought Isaiah had a good chance but Lou was doing It all year long. That lower back injury hurt Isaiah chances

Hate even making a comparison with these two but LbJ kinda has that MJ effect on his teammates where they get over shadowed. The opposite of this is the Magic Johnson and Larry Bird effect where where their teammates get a little too much credit and it was really just those guys making them play better. Jus my 02.

Congrats to Lou

Thought Isaiah had a good chance but Lou was doing It all year long. That lower back injury hurt Isaiah chances

Plus, he got traded mid-season. Pretty unusual for someone who changes teams to win a post-season award. Although I wouldn't have had a problem with it in Isiah's case.

so now the argument is, a team isn't that good if their star player leaves and they dont make playoffs? word? 

giphy.gif

Last edited:
The only reason people thought they could contend with a title was because of Lebron. It wasn't because he had great talent on those teams. Again, you see what happened once Lebron left. They couldn't even SNIFF the playoffs. If the team was THAT great, there's no way they don't at LEAST make the playoffs.

They were not EVEN the same team after Bron left. Verajao quit on the team b/c of "injuries". Mo Will got traded to the Clips. Jamison was hurt. JJ Hickson and Ramon sessions were their best players.

The team was broken up. They trotted out lineups of Ramon Sessions, Manny Harris, Anthony Parker, Luke Harongody and Ryan Hollins.

But yeah...those are the same bums...

lou was the second best offensive player on the team, myabe the best.

He can be infuriating at times, but I've come to accept his limitations, dude is pure entertainment.

They were not EVEN the same team after Bron left. Verajao quit on the team b/c of "injuries". Mo Will got traded to the Clips. Jamison was hurt. JJ Hickson and Ramon sessions were their best players.

The team was broken up. They trotted out lineups of Ramon Sessions, Manny Harris, Anthony Parker, Luke Harongody and Ryan Hollins.

But yeah...those are the same bums...

What did any of those players do once they got healthy or on their new teams? Are any of those players as good as Dwight, Klay - the 2nd options for the top 2 mvp candidates for this year?

tell us more about Antwan Jamison and mo williams. Please!

Plus, he got traded mid-season. Pretty unusual for someone who changes teams to win a post-season award. Although I wouldn't have had a problem with it in Isiah's case.

All three guys were worthy , and a hell of a lot of fun to watch

"I've realized I don't have a leg to stand on so let's stop talking about it."
actually i said to stop a page ago. and said the bottomline is, the team was good enough until the second they lost. revisionist history. i also said to let it go because people like u make it sound like lebron played 1-on-5, proven by your fine silk caping for the past 3 pages. beyond all that, u ride lebron not the team hes on. arguing with "fans" like you never goes anywhere. i never lost footing. cavs were a good team. not trash, not great, not mediocre.

youve once again moved the goal posts. now the cavs are defined by how bad they did AFTER lebron left and the team blew up? cool. the heat aren't a good team either, cuz lebron left and they missed the playoffs i guess. heat have a top 10pick as well. im sure wade bosh ennis mcrob dragic and whiteside aren't a good team cuz look how they fell once lebron left. that is your logic right?

Last edited:
The majority of teams when they lose their superstar go on to post a worse record....Jordan, Robinson, Dwight, CP3, Bosh, KG, Kobe, Iverson etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom