OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were not great squads, LeBron carried them. You see what happen when he left, they weren't even mediocre.

Beno = poor man's Dragic :lol:

Portland's defense is designed to give the Grizz the shots they want to take. That's why Conley and Beno always play so well against them. Add to the fact that Lillard's defense is poor. I need to watch the game fully tonight because I was traveling yesterday :smh: .

Those later Cavaliers squads were great squads for him, not as individual pieces

When a team wins 60 games, I think its far to say they were great squads

No they weren't.

They were in the east with a young LeBron you'd almost have to try not to win 50 games.

remember when popovich did the hack-a-jordan thing in last night's game? :lol:

i like the spurs, but glad they lost. they'll reup for next game (and hopefully not repeat their dumb strategy)
That stopped the Clippers run and we actually go to within 6 as opposed to the twelve point game that it was. It worked.

Wasn't it already 6 when you guys started doing it? Or maybe 8 but I remember you guys had cut the lead a bit and then started hacking him. Im surprised Pop didn't go with it earlier in the 2nd.

Yeah, those Cavs teams from 08-10 were not trash at all. They were a good team for that time period. Revisionist history will tell you they were trash, but NOBODY then was saying that the Cavs back then didn't have enough talent to contend for a title.

People forget, the model for teams was different than it is now. Especially in the east. Other than the Spurs, Celtics and Lakers...The good teams like the Magic, Nuggets and Cavs of that era consisted of a Superstar, borderline all star...and a bunch of good role players.

remember when popovich did the hack-a-jordan thing in last night's game?
laugh.gif

i like the spurs, but glad they lost. they'll reup for next game (and hopefully not repeat their dumb strategy)
That stopped the Clippers run and we actually go to within 6 as opposed to the twelve point game that it was. It worked.
Wasn't it already 6 when you guys started doing it? Or maybe 8 but I remember you guys had cut the lead a bit and then started hacking him. Im surprised Pop didn't go with it earlier in the 2nd.
I remember it being double digits, I'd have to go back and look though. You're probably right and I'm just exaggerating

Yeah, those Cavs teams from 08-10 were not trash at all. They were a good team for that time period. Revisionist history will tell you they were trash, but NOBODY then was saying that the Cavs back then didn't have enough talent to contend for a title.

People forget, the model for teams was different than it is now. Especially in the east. Other than the Spurs, Celtics and Lakers...The good teams like the Magic, Nuggets and Cavs of that era consisted of a Superstar, borderline all star...and a bunch of good role players.

the model has always been the same the magic, nuggets and cavs didn't win **** for a reason

Lets ignore the best in the league records and the numbers the supporting cast were putting up tho. however, let me stop. theres no point. let lebron-lovers tell it....and he played 1-on-5 until he came to miami. 

Oh, that. :lol: Well my fault then.

Surely you know that's just sports fans talking crap, man.

Clippers fans are bandwagon Lakers fans.

Cavs fans turned coat on someone they claimed to hate.

Atlanta fans don't go to games.

Lakers fans just talk about the past.

Obviously those generalizations aren't true all the time, but I'd just wear myself out if it frustrated me every time someone said something against Lakers fans. :lol:

People have a problem with Hawks fans booing Joe. Know why? Because people have a problem with everything. :lol: Let that go. Enjoy your team's ride in the playoffs. :smokin

How's it feel? Having your team still playing? Good? Feels good? :frown:
+1 that's a helluva post sir. And i do need to let it go. Hell even the hawks fans piss me off. Kinda like that bad kid or relative that u bad mouth but don't like anybody else bad mouthing them :lol: As to my feelings about the team, I'm still a jaded atlanta fan and can't help but expect something bad to happen. The Hawks have been in the playoffs 8 straight seasons now so being here isn't anything new. Being the #1 seed is new. And Having a legitimate shot at advancing to the finals with homecourt throughout is new. Haven't ever experienced this before so it's been a learning experience for me to say the least. Closest thing to this in Atlanta would be the worst to first Braves in 91. Which was a little before my time. Felt like the team had some jitters last night. Just with the high ecpectations. Sometimes even trying to play for the fans last night and not playing within themselves, on a few of those fast breaks, giving up some easy buckets. Was overall pleased with the game last night tho. And the fans at the arena. Only thing I wish was that we were healthy and 100%. Which is no excuse now, but they are banged up.

Last edited:
[quote name="WavyCrocket"]Yeah, those Cavs teams from 08-10 were not trash at all. They were a good team for that time period. Revisionist history will tell you they were trash, but NOBODY then was saying that the Cavs back then didn't have enough talent to contend for a title.[/quote]Truth is, plenty of people said that. There was LOTS of talk about how the Cavs are a 1-man show. So many knew he would bounce and the Cavs would fade.

Last edited:

remember when popovich did the hack-a-jordan thing in last night's game? :lol:

I remember it being double digits, I'd have to go back and look though. You're probably right and I'm just exaggerating

You could be right. The one drawback about being at the game is it's harder to keep track of statistics (for me at least). I just remember thinking if we keep the lead at 6 we're breaking even.

Lets ignore the best in the league records and the numbers the supporting cast were putting up tho. however, let me stop. theres no point. let lebron-lovers tell it....and he played 1-on-5 until he came to miami. 

NT extremes

who has said this tho?

Those were not championship level teams.

LeBron had Larry Hughes and Mo Williams as his 2nd options but those were "great" teams

Truth is, plenty of people said that. There was LOTS of talk about how the Cavs are a 1-man show. So many knew he would bounce and the Cavs would fade.

stop making sense.

But nobody called those teams "trash" though. They were good teams. Just like the Cavs.

That's the point.
word. when lebron was there, those guys were touted as being great teammates. it wasn't till lebron was consistently losing where it counted that all the sudden "lebron needs help." lebron didn't need help when every headline read about their records. lebron didn't need help when they were asking "whos going to stop this TEAM?" lebron only needs help when he loses. go figure. i cant stand how many failsafes are in place for him. if lebron loses this year AND next year... theyre gonna throw kyrie under the bus. you already see they put kevin love halfway under already

They won over 60 games twice.....you don't do that without a great squad

Those Cavalier teams played to Lebron's strengths

I'm not even sure if you gave Lebron another ball dominant All Star that results would be that much different

We see how he's stunted the growth of Love, Bosh, Wade, he may get a pass with Shaq

Those Cavaliers teams were favorites until they lost just like the Heat were

Last edited:
They won over 60 games twice.....you don't do that without a great squad

Those Cavalier teams played to Lebron's strengths

I'm not even sure if you gave Lebron another ball dominant All Star that results would that much different

We see how he's stunted the growth of Love, Bosh, Wade, he may get a pass with Shaq

Those Cavaliers teams were favorites until they lost just like the Heat were
EXACTLY. they were the by and large favorite until they failed. the second the failed "lebron needs help!"
Why use the reg season as a measuring stick for the postseason, everyone knew lebron iso ball would get exposed in the postseason
yea... why use the reg season to see where the postseason is going. we should go by last post season instead. spurs vs heat finals?

Last edited:
They were mediocre, ever since he went to the finals in 07, the media put them as favorites out the east every year, when they obviously werent built like that, young lebron was just that good

You have to look at the entire landscape. They were considered the 2nd best team behind Boston in the East. That means an ECF appearance every year. Favorites in '09 against Dwight's Magic who had a VERY similar team structure. Problem is, Celtics/Lakers/Spurs had legit Big 3's. Then you have the 2nd tier good teams like the Magic, Cavs, Nuggets, Hornets and Mavs. All these teams had the same team makeup. Cavs just happened to be the 4th or 5th best team at that time. Far from average.

I mean Dirks '07 Mavs had the same team structure. They won 67 games and bounced out in the first round. Nobody was calling that team trash or average.

they should not have lost to the magic

i wanted us to beat lebron in the finals that year but had to settle with hedo and crew 

Go look up Larry Hughes and Mo Williams playoff numbers and get back to me with that great squad ********.

Those teams were good they were never great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom